Ghost Stories Reviews

• Nov 10, 2019

Terrible, the stories are anticlimactic, the climax makes no sense and it drags so much.

• Nov 03, 2019

The ending is the biggest weakness of the movie. The rest is really good.

The ending is the biggest weakness of the movie. The rest is really good.

• Oct 23, 2019

I really liked the atmosphere the movie was creating, and it genuinely creeped me out. However, at the end I still had more questions than answers, and I am left bewildered at the so called 'payoff.' Each of the ghost stories seemed so detailed and interesting, and yet when the twist is revealed, it all seems so...pointless. So much put in, for such a simple ending, that didn't explain quite as much as I had hoped. Oh well, it gave a few nice jump scares, so that's worth something I guess.

• Oct 11, 2019

For the first hour or so I thought that this was a nice traditional portmanteau horror, and I enjoyed it immensely. However as it develops you realise there's a lot more to it than first appears, and I definitely feel I want to revisit this again. However, I must admit the core message of the film isn't something I go along with...in this era of environmental crisis and religious fanaticism, the need to respect science, and smash superstition is more important than ever.

• Oct 05, 2019

Unexpectedly beautiful film, it seems very banal practically until the end but in the end it has a gorgeous twist that makes the film completely re-evaluate giving it a magnificent sense. In general it's a not too good ghost movie with a gorgeous ending

• Sep 28, 2019

A solid, nightmarish anthology of horrors. Well acted and produced. I can see rewatching will be possibly more rewarding than even the first run through.

• Sep 18, 2019

A well crafted horror film that spooks you on actual thrills rather that jump scares. Slow, but worth your attention

• Aug 11, 2019

I'm not sure if it's because it's a UK movie, and I'm used to hollywood/asian/indian movies, but there were points that just felt lost on me. The characters felt either rushed or inauthentic(which I guess made sense later), the progression in the main characters fear/belief felt rushed, and the individual cases felt like they could of had a lot more to offer. It didn't have a smooth start for me(which happens even in hollywood movies), but in the middle it felt like it could of become a good movie, and then the end just totally sucked for me. Fell totally flat. Nothing felt resolved, just felt like I wasted my time.

• Aug 10, 2019

Scariest goosebumps from a movie

Scariest goosebumps from a movie

• Jul 24, 2019

Thrills and chills all around!

Thrills and chills all around!