Ghostbusters (1984 Original) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters (1984 Original) Reviews

½ November 22, 2017
One of the best nostalgic movies ever!
November 17, 2017
The humor flows perfectly with the dialogue which really makes you think......am I watching a movie or is life just a movie,thats some deep $h1t.
November 4, 2017
They don't make 'em like they used to. Arguably the most creative and best movie in existence.
November 2, 2017
Ghostbusters is a classic must see
October 26, 2017
The Best Ghostbusters movie ever for my childhood, This is awesome 80s movie
½ October 20, 2017
It's a classic mix and formula of SciFi/Horror/Comedy with a talented comedy trio and the always cool Ernie Hudson.
October 19, 2017
What can I say, one of the best movies of all time.
October 12, 2017
it is the original there nothing to say itš???
September 18, 2017
only true ghostbusters
September 11, 2017
Not my favorite ghostbusters film I find it to be too old-fashioned I mean OK so Bill Murray is in this movie he does a good job but I like ghostbusters movie made in 2016
½ August 27, 2017
Ghostbusters packs in a lot of humour within its simplistic, straightforward premise. The special effects look dated nowadays but what '80s movie doesn't? Though, it does mean that some of the moments that were meant to be scary kind of lose the fright factor that they had back then much like how the plot twist in The Empire Strikes Back isn't as "DUN! DUN! DUN!" as it was back in 1980. Don't worry, it still has tons of redeeming qualities that make it deserve its status as a classic. Some of the action is pretty fun too but it's the film's lack of seriousness that makes it all the more compelling. In regards to the climax, never has an explosion looked more prettier. All the performances are great , especially that of Bill Murray, a womanizer who's willing to tell a lady that all her answers are correct, even if they aren't while he treats the man like crap, even if he got everything right. It's a rare moment in film where, for once, scientists save the day. "You just indirectly told us a scene from the movie, didn't you?" Yep, pretty much. And the theme song. Oh my God, it's catchy. One of the catchiest theme songs for a movie I have ever heard in my entire life. Most songs from the soundtrack of popular '80s movies have catchy songs regarded as classics by today's parents, but for me, this song, along with Back in Time from Back to the Future and What a Feeling from Flashdance are the most catchy songs from that era. Overall, some of Ghostbusters' humour may not be, strictly speaking, conventional but it still remains incredibly funny and irresistibly fun throughout to deserve the fame it has. The ladies' reboot got nothing on this one.
½ August 17, 2017
The greatest comedy film ever. Perfect for its time and charming even in its dust, Bill Murrary,Sigourney Weaver and Dan Akryod are at their best.
August 12, 2017
Greatest movie in bill Murray's career and just a really great movie
August 8, 2017
A long-forgotten film reviewer described this movie as "a perfectly told joke" and I couldn't agree more. Ghostbusters has always been, in my estimation at least, one of the funniest and most engaging movies ever made. There are several reasons for this, but they all start with the stellar direction from Ivan Reitman, who never really gets enough credit for his contributions to the movie that the cast does. Credit is also due to the wonderful and brilliant writing from Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis in a truly remarkable happy accident of ingenuity. The ensemble cast is quite remarkable too, including Bill Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis, Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis, Annie Potts, Ernie Hudson and William Atherton. Bill Murray steals the show, for the most part, but there are lots of great moments for the rest of the cast and each of them have their moment to shine. Combining gothic elements, art deco, and a gritty New York sensibility, the actual look of the film really stands out and makes it one of the best-looking comedies, probably ever produced. Due to the popularity (and rightly so) of the film's theme song, Elmer Bernstein has never been given quite enough credit for the delightful incidental music. At times it can be whimsical and upbeat, but it also manages to capture the fun of the film's more sinister moments and even its romantic side. Industrial Light And Magic also really out-did themselves and enhanced the story's possibilities with the great special effects on display. The ghosts look great and scary, the proton wand shooting and trapping shots look incredible, and the final showdown of the movie is nothing more than pure spectacle. Hardly any film has ever combined horror and comedy so well, and still remained so accessible to so many viewers. If it goes down in history as the funniest comedy of all time, I would happily smile and agree in response.
August 3, 2017
This film is a classic! Great acting, funny dialogue, and awesome ghost-bustin' action, this film will always make me laugh every time I watch it.
July 12, 2017
I'm not really a comedy person. I really enjoyed this movie however good feature quartet plus great additions from Ms Weaver and Rick Moranis.
July 8, 2017
Ghostbusters has aged well, despite (because of?) the hokey special FX. Largely this is down to the cheesy charm of Bill Murray and the genuinely funny concept, but the eighties technology, haircuts and Ray Parker Jr's anthemic title song all add to the fun. Plus a hilarious cameo by Rick Moranis, Elmer Bernstein's great score... ...and Mr Staypuft.
½ June 26, 2017
Ghostbusters is described in my opinion one of the weirdest and awkward films I have ever seen. Sure it's has it's funny moments but it's storyline is hard to follow, Cast is decent. Good film for Halloween but that's about it. Billy Murray had all the good lines in the film
½ June 26, 2017
A perfect mix of comedy, creepy ghost effects, and an excellent musical score makes Ghostbusters a classic film and breathes something new into a once dying genre.
June 16, 2017
phhhhhhhh who likes this flippin crap i mean this is just frankly awful i canot believe how awful this is like oh ma gush what in the hey