Ghostbusters (1984 Original) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters (1984 Original) Reviews

May 23, 2018
A fun, comedic adventure at the hands of special effects and a talented cast all starting and ending with Billy Murray's performance.
May 23, 2018
Unlike the remake, the original "Ghostbusters" is actually really good. The comedy is amazing, visuals are really good for its time and leads are amazing. Again, unlike the remake, this film doesn't care about an agenda. It's just a terrific horror/comedy that will be cherished forever.
May 19, 2018
Ghostbusters is a timeless classic, but due to the movie being a new idea when it was made, the lore is slightly vague. I'm interested in finding more about this world's works on ghosts, the science behind the ghost-busting gear, etc.

All the characters are great, Bill Murray did a great job of playing the character you wanted to hate because of his sleazy attitude (Venkman).
May 18, 2018
This may just be a Perfect Movie. I really don't want to oversell it but it's hard no to. The humour is spot on and the concepts are well thought out, original and executed flawlessly. Hell, even the special effects hold up. I must have seen this movie 150 times.
May 17, 2018
It hasn't aged all that well and the entire story seems horrendously inconsequential, but Bill Murray provides enough laughs to tide the audience through.
April 14, 2018
Who you gonna call?
Nah seriously though, this was the first time I watched this movie and it was great. Much better than the new Ghostbusters film. This one had humor and action with overarching the,es that were very interesting. Very good movie!
April 4, 2018
Great Great move .... full of laughs.
March 29, 2018
The original "Ghostbusters" is definitely a silly movie but it also is aware that it is. Being completely honest, I didn't like this movie as much as most people who grew up watching it do. I think there are times it was funny and at times it just feels over the top. I think the best parts of the movie are the characters' chemistry and the soundtrack. It certainly has that 80s feel that people are still so fond of and I think it's definitely a somewhat enjoyable movie overall. It's worth checking out since it is so iconic in pop culture, but as a movie, it is just an okay one for me.
½ March 28, 2018
4.5/5. Ghostbusters is a hilarious and iconic movie that has some great characters and is well deserving of it's title of "classic".
March 27, 2018
Still a classic. Nothing will beat the original
March 21, 2018
I ain't afraid of no ghost
March 19, 2018
Pretty good (but i don't find it as good as everyone else says)
March 3, 2018
If Carlos Magalh„es doesn't like it then it must be good.
February 26, 2018
funny, hilarious, epic, nothing like original ghostbusters! Who ya gonna call?
½ February 23, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
½ February 17, 2018
A Timeless classic. One of the best 80s movies to date! Hilarious and with a fantastic cast...Ghostbusters is almost a masterpiece...
½ February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 3
Age/Originality: 3
Total: 18/25
February 1, 2018
I love this movie. I saw this in the theater when it came out. I've always been a huge fan of Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and Harold Ramis. And, Ivan Reitman did a great job of directing these guys.
January 29, 2018
If there's somethin' strange in your neighborhood Who ya gonna call ?? Huh Ans- GHOSTBUSTERS !!! This movie is all about entertainment. Story is about 3 paranormal professors venkman, Ray & egon . movie begins with venkman running some unethical experiment on students . After being kicked out from university , they stared a new kinda business & named themselves Ghostbusters. Their adventures begins from a hotel , there they successfully captured a ghost using their machines. Their business got boost up & they re now saviour of New yorkers from ghosts. Dana experiences paranormal incidents & went to them . An ancient sumerian monster trying to enter this world , Dana's building is the gateway . can Team Ghostbuster be able to save Dana & whole city ? for this reason u have watch the movie Nothing more to say ... This is another wonderful gift from 80's Hollywood. Special effects, cinematography really good. Go watch the movie if u haven't watched it yet..
January 16, 2018
I ain't afraid of no ghost! An all time classic. Lots of fun, with great characters. This film puts a smile on my face.