Ghostbusters (1984 Original) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters (1984 Original) Reviews

November 27, 2016
Ghostbusters mixes humor, action, spooks and even cleverly nerdy writing, into what it could be the 80s most memorable original film, that still holds up today as it did back in the day.
½ November 25, 2016
The first hour of this movie is awful. I pushed myself through it though, and discovered that the rest of the movie is quite enjoyable and humorous.
I would never watch this movie again and would never recommend it to anyone. You should never have to skip an hour of a movie to get to the enjoyable part.
November 24, 2016
Watched this a couple nights ago (broadcast TV version) with the kids.
November 19, 2016
Such a instant classic!
November 15, 2016
Now this is The Real Ghostbusters . And no Queef Jokes win win.
½ November 3, 2016
The special effects are quite dated and some of the deadpan humor falls flat, but of all the films I've seen with a cult classic status, "Ghostbusters" is by far the funniest and most memorable and I'm sure it will remain a favorite amongst Earth's inhabitants for years to come. That being said, the "Ghostbusters" theme song really irritates me.
½ October 31, 2016
A classic that stands the test of time.
October 29, 2016
Might be good, but not funny
October 29, 2016
Because "I ain't fraid of no ghosts".
½ October 26, 2016
Very funny, characters well developed, still A fan after all these years, everyone has wonderful lines, The plot was original, it's hard to touch perfection, and great special effects, better than the remake.
October 26, 2016
The best in the entire franchise!
October 24, 2016
A fun and original movie with a great themesong. The way Peter Venkman's character pursued Dana Barett bothered me a little, just as the put-down he had in store for Janine Melnitz.
½ October 18, 2016
Awesome. I just re-watched after watching the new movie, and was not disappointed. Fun, fun, fun!
October 17, 2016
So much better than that dogshit reboot and if you are smart you would ignore it and watch this instead.
½ October 16, 2016
Before the 2016 reboot that caused huge controversy online, even though it got a Certified Fresh on this website. And yes I also liked the reboot. we had Ghostbusters the male version. For what this movie is worth it's good. Im not going to say it's great. But I still think that it's a good film. It's especially good around Halloween aside from The Conjuring 1 and 2. I didn't like this film though as much as I did as the reboot. But for what it's worth I still think its good. Check it out when you get the chance.
October 15, 2016
This movie is perfect. There's not a thing I would change about it.
½ October 15, 2016
I understand that this is a popular movie, and I can totally see why so many people like it, but personally I just don't. Don't get me wrong, I love the premise. It's the characters that kill it for me. They're all so one dimensional and shallow that I find myself rooting for the ghosts
October 14, 2016
Ghostbusters (original) is why movies are made...When I was little I wanted to be a Ghostbuster, I saw this movie over and over, its amazing, everyone knows it.
½ October 10, 2016
the film is a classic, but as a film, while it was innovative at the time, is overrated in most aspects. A couple of scenes, specially the cheering crowds, and the use of Rick Moranis' character half of the time, are cringe-worthy, as some of the moments by the arrogant Bill Murray character, which after 32 years, I still don't get why is the most beloved character of the series... it's completely unlikeable by any standards.