Ghostbusters (1984 Original) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters (1984 Original) Reviews

½ June 26, 2017
Ghostbusters is described in my opinion one of the weirdest and awkward films I have ever seen. Sure it's has it's funny moments but it's storyline is hard to follow, Cast is decent. Good film for Halloween but that's about it. Billy Murray had all the good lines in the film
½ June 26, 2017
A perfect mix of comedy, creepy ghost effects, and an excellent musical score makes Ghostbusters a classic film and breathes something new into a once dying genre.
June 16, 2017
phhhhhhhh who likes this flippin crap i mean this is just frankly awful i canot believe how awful this is like oh ma gush what in the hey
June 12, 2017
How could you not like this movie?
May 23, 2017
A comedic masterpiece, come on its Ghostbusters.
May 15, 2017
This was an awesome 80's movie.
May 9, 2017
A classic! Bill Murray is a comic genius. This one still holds up!
May 3, 2017
Rest in peace, Harold Ramis. But overall, a CLASSIC!
May 1, 2017
No to old fashioned and not a fan of this movie
May 1, 2017
Watchable, but nothing special.
½ April 27, 2017
It's not amusing and Bill Murray's character is so stupid.
the movie doesn't have good humor, has some problems in pacing and suffering from some silly situations, but it has funny special and a fresh idea which can make anyone have a good time while watching it.
April 25, 2017
A long-forgotten film reviewer described this movie as "a perfectly told joke" and I couldn't agree more. Ghostbusters has always been, in my estimation at least, one of the funniest and most engaging movies ever made. There are several reasons for this, but they all start with the stellar direction from Ivan Reitman, who never really gets enough credit for his contributions to the movie that the cast does. Credit is also due to the wonderful and brilliant writing from Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis in a truly remarkable happy accident of ingenuity. The ensemble cast is quite remarkable too, including Bill Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis, Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis, Annie Potts, Ernie Hudson and William Atherton. Bill Murray steals the show, for the most part, but there are lots of great moments for the rest of the cast and each of them have their moment to shine. Combining gothic elements, art deco, and a gritty New York sensibility, the actual look of the film really stands out and makes it one of the best-looking comedies, probably ever produced. Due to the popularity (and rightly so) of the film's theme song, Elmer Bernstein has never been given quite enough credit for the delightful incidental music. At times it can be whimsical and upbeat, but it also manages to capture the fun of the film's more sinister moments and even its romantic side. Industrial Light And Magic also really out-did themselves and enhanced the story's possibilities with the great special effects on display. The ghosts look great and scary, the proton wand shooting and trapping shots look incredible, and the final showdown of the movie is nothing more than pure spectacle. Hardly any film has ever combined horror and comedy so well, and still remained so accessible to so many viewers. If it goes down in history as the funniest comedy of all time, I would happily smile and agree in response.
April 22, 2017
This was one of the funniest movies of all time. And though the sequel was decent, The Video Game was absolutely brilliant. I recommend anyone who loved this movie play through both.
April 20, 2017
It's really weird re-visiting this film, I'd kind of forgotten what a big deal it was. From the plethora of merchandise to the cartoon which ran for years and years, in the 80's this was THE kids film. Except re-watching it,. it's not a kids film at all, it's basically a long SNL sketch, mainly dominated by Bill Murray. This must have all gone right over my 8 year old head. It's not quite as funny as you hope, Hudson is completely wasted (seriously what is the point in him?) but it's such good natured fun you can't help but still enjoy it. Still a catchy tune as well, I ain't afraid of no ghost!
April 9, 2017
4/8/2017 (3): I love this movie! Great cast and hilarious!
½ April 6, 2017
An iconic eighties classic that is both funny and scary. It's a one-of-a-kind original film. (First viewing - Late childhood)
April 3, 2017
A hilarious & enjoyable classic, with a really nice, original concept. I just wish I'd seen this film earlier! I was really looking forward to watching this movie after I saw the 2016 remake of this.
I must say...both of them were undeniably fantastic!
½ March 29, 2017
The only thing in the movie I did not like are the special effects. They have`not aged well it seems. Outside o that- it's an amazing movie.
March 22, 2017
A hilariously amazing feel good movie that goes down in history for being one of the best movies ever made.
March 20, 2017
The most innovative, original & overall best comedy film ever made.