Ghostbusters (1984 Original) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ghostbusters (1984 Original) Reviews

April 22, 2017
This was one of the funniest movies of all time. And though the sequel was decent, The Video Game was absolutely brilliant. I recommend anyone who loved this movie play through both.
April 20, 2017
It's really weird re-visiting this film, I'd kind of forgotten what a big deal it was. From the plethora of merchandise to the cartoon which ran for years and years, in the 80's this was THE kids film. Except re-watching it,. it's not a kids film at all, it's basically a long SNL sketch, mainly dominated by Bill Murray. This must have all gone right over my 8 year old head. It's not quite as funny as you hope, Hudson is completely wasted (seriously what is the point in him?) but it's such good natured fun you can't help but still enjoy it. Still a catchy tune as well, I ain't afraid of no ghost!
April 9, 2017
4/8/2017 (3): I love this movie! Great cast and hilarious!
½ April 6, 2017
An iconic eighties classic that is both funny and scary. It's a one-of-a-kind original film. (First viewing - Late childhood)
April 3, 2017
A hilarious & enjoyable classic, with a really nice, original concept. I just wish I'd seen this film earlier! I was really looking forward to watching this movie after I saw the 2016 remake of this.
I must say...both of them were undeniably fantastic!
½ March 29, 2017
The only thing in the movie I did not like are the special effects. They have`not aged well it seems. Outside o that- it's an amazing movie.
March 22, 2017
A hilariously amazing feel good movie that goes down in history for being one of the best movies ever made.
March 20, 2017
The most innovative, original & overall best comedy film ever made.
½ March 18, 2017
I think watching this in 2017 for the first time lends itself to a subpar rating. It was meh for me, but I feel like had I watched this in its prime, this rating may have been different.
March 17, 2017
Awesome. Classic... don't ever remake this
March 14, 2017
Didn't find it funny nor did I care about the characters. Also not much ghostbusting.
March 13, 2017
So amazing. This movie is just so awesome. It's funny, entertaining, action-packed, family-friendly yet for an older audience, and just straight up cool.
March 9, 2017
Just gave this the re-watch on Blu-ray, and was rather impressed with how well it's held up, though some of the effects do tend to look slightly dated now.

It's also nice to see Bill Murray acting, since he doesn't really seem to do as much of it anymore. His latter day work seems to be more of him reacting to others instead of actually doing all that much

Quite as expected, this one is recommended.
March 5, 2017
One of the best movies of the 80's, Ghostbusters delivers humour, action and heart. It's one of my favourite movies and has stood the test of time-even if the CGI is dated.
½ March 4, 2017
The movie is carried by Bill Murray's charisma and practical effects. The other characters just exist to act as foils to Murray. Still enjoyable with some memorable lines and moments.
½ March 3, 2017
Grew up on this movie but never noticed how dry and satanic it was or how many packs of cigarettes they knocked back, definitely more in-depth and geared towards adults than the new girly kids version 31 years in the remaking.
February 26, 2017
Ghostbusters
with thousands of ghost movie produced, Ghostbusters knows how to be original
February 23, 2017
Ghostbusters is really good, it's funny and so much fun and definitely better than the rebooted version
February 16, 2017
Man this movie is just so funny everything in this movie is good but the some of the affect are bad if you look at them right now but still bill mury still has the best line this man has no
February 12, 2017
This movie was a childhood delight for me. I also loved The Real Ghostbusters Cartoon which it spawned.