Glitter Reviews

• 2d ago

Great movie. Periodt.

Great movie. Periodt.

• Nov 08, 2020

We all owe Mariah Carey a BIG apology.

We all owe Mariah Carey a BIG apology.

• Sep 01, 2020

It is a good movie if you give it a shot. It was released during a unforeseeable tragedy which is why I think it did so bad. Give it a shot when you're bored. Old school type movie

• Jul 21, 2020

Watching Mariah Carey trying to beat Madonna as worst actress ever.

Watching Mariah Carey trying to beat Madonna as worst actress ever.

• May 24, 2020

Cute movie love the scoring

Cute movie love the scoring

• Apr 07, 2020

I love the vibes! 80'

I love the vibes! 80'

• Sep 08, 2019

I finally watched this movie (2019). To me, this was very similar to A Star is Born. A nobody becomes famous, all of the stuff that comes with fame, and the person who found her dies, a big song at the end... I was pleasantly surprised with Mariah's acting. I love her speaking voice, very sultry. Her opposite's, "Dice" (stupidest name ever) had the worst accent ever. It was as if he was from an Italian mob. I did not understand his character, bad boy with a big heart? I had no attachment to him, whatsoever. Eric Benet would had been a better lead. The camera loved Eric, for the little bits he was there. The beginning of the movie for some reason reminded me of a bad Michael Jackson video, you know, the overdone ones that are obviously developing a victimized mentality for the main person. For the record, Mariah never acted like a victim in the film. I like the use of a few songs that were not her's. I wasn't crazy about the songs from the movie. The use of Lead the Way was not as emotionally intense as it could had been. Whoever wrote the script lost use of that song. It could had been sung by her to her man, drawing us into their relationship more possibly. The two ladies who played the backup dancers were very charming and funny. The three ladies together played well off each other. I know this is supposed to be a "bad" movie, but I couldn't quit watching it. Congrats to Mariah on her acting and really holding her own.

• Jun 28, 2019

Justice for Glitter. Great amazing music and vocals.

Justice for Glitter. Great amazing music and vocals.

• Mar 24, 2019

Cult classic. So bad its good. They should make a Rocky Horror-like musical out of this.

• Jan 03, 2019

Mariah Carey's debacle is a joke today and rightly so- this is an excruciating film to subject oneself to. Its too annoying to be considered so bad it becomes good and too boring to even entertain in bits. There are enough howlingly bad lines of dialogue in Glitter to provide occasional breaks of unintentional laughter, but, even with those interruptions, this movie is agonizing to sit through. Occasionally, I see a chunk of cinematic debris that strikes so many wrong chords that I can't figure out how the project was greenlighted in the first place. This is one of those incidents. Glitter lacks anything resembling a sparkle, and, as a movie star, Mariah Carey is the equivalent of a black hole.