God's Own Country Reviews

• Aug 06, 2019

This was not at all what I was expecting. It turns out to be somewhat like an English version of Brokeback Mountain or a more raw and working class version of Call Me By Your Name. Hard to understand some of the words from the super thick rural English / Scottish accent from Johnny, but the Romanian immigrant actor was fantastic.

• Aug 02, 2019

irish brokeback mountain

irish brokeback mountain

• Aug 01, 2019

I love romance movies and this is one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen. O'Connor and Secareanu give two of the best acting performances I have seen in ages there romance feels so real and authentic and there chemistry is just Breathtaking on every level. the movie is raw, romantic, believable, captivating and flawless I have already watched it more than 10 times.

• Jul 23, 2019

Was amazing from start to end.

Was amazing from start to end.

• Jul 20, 2019

Well told story, excellent acting, quite romantic.

Well told story, excellent acting, quite romantic.

• Jul 07, 2019

The movie that depicts couple romance so wellly.

The movie that depicts couple romance so wellly.

• Jul 07, 2019

This movie depicts the romantic relation between a couple.

This movie depicts the romantic relation between a couple.

• Jul 02, 2019

A beautiful film. So much more than basically all the gay-themed movies that young,'straight' and invariably hot hollywood actors jump to be in these days for a quick trip to the spotlight.

• Jun 30, 2019

The big thing about God's Own Country is that it is so realistic. You can really feel that a story like that could happen in real life. Great depiction of English countryside and 2 top notch performances by the leading actors

• Jun 27, 2019

Slow paced and tedious montages of farming is, unfortunately, the only accurate description of this film's plot. While it has a beautiful and lonely atmosphere, the sheer silence and overbearing lull of tedium one feels while watching this film makes it an almost unbearably depressing experience.