Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah - Giant Monsters All-Out Attack - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah - Giant Monsters All-Out Attack Reviews

½ January 8, 2018
While the film is no masterpiece compared to other movies' standards, it is a masterpiece by the standards of many Godzilla films. It's refreshing to see Godzilla go back to his roots as a true monster. And there's an incredible role reversal with Godzilla being the villain and King Ghidorah, his greatest foe, being the hero! Mothra and Baragon serve as supporting heroes. Best of all, the film even uses World War II guilt as a plot device, with Godzilla being the reincarnate of the victims of Pearl Harbor. I never saw that coming, it's an absolutely incredible twist. The film concludes itself properly, then ends with an absolutely terrifying cliffhanger that changes the way you see Godzilla...
October 7, 2017
I loved it but it would be a bit better if Baragon had some more screen time.
½ March 8, 2017
Still better than I, Frankenstein.
½ February 1, 2017
I really like this film, I felt that it was good way to have Godzilla fight Mothra, King Ghidorah and Baragon! Not the greatest plot-wise, but who comes to a Godzilla film for plot anyways? You come for the Kaiju battles!!
½ January 27, 2017
A movie you can watch over and over again. It succeeds in having plenty of monster action, a decent plot, and beyond a doubt is terrific. Definitely one of the best Godzilla movies
August 26, 2016
Out of all the installments in the Godzilla franchise, Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack has got to be my favorite.
August 21, 2016
For being a teen and growing up with Godzilla this was always my favorite, I love the movie for a lot of reasons like how it brings a new origin for Godzilla which spoiler alert, he's a ghost like being created by all of the lives lost during pearl harbour that came back from the dead because everyone forgot about them or something like that.
I agree with the people who say this is a good nod to the original gojira movie.
Another thing I like about the movie is the opening music and the music in general, when you hear that music you know your in for a treat.
over all I give it 5 stars.
½ July 20, 2016
Amazing with it's score, and my number one favorite (as to most G-fans) Godzilla movie of all time GMK gives fans an epic monster movie of the series. From the designs, to the effects, to story and its lovely soundtrack, GMK is the best and is worth watching for all viewers.
May 3, 2016
This is as close to a Godzilla vs Gamera we've gotten. This movie is directed by Shusuke Kaneko, director of the live action "Death Note" movie, and the amazing Gamera trilogy of the 90s.
½ March 29, 2016
This is the 25th part to the japanes Godzilla series. It is also the 12th Mothra movie. This the better then the first 11 Mothra movies. This is the best Mothra movie. This is better then most of the Godzilla movies made before it. The remake of Godzilla from 1998 is only Godzilla movie better then this one. This is a great movie.
February 14, 2016
This was a pretty solid Godzilla flick here. Despite the quality of this film, I've never cared for any of the Millennium Godzilla film series because I generally like to root for Godzilla against the other monsters or robots or water and didn't care for this series of films where he was more of an evil force of nature that everyone had to stop. The puny humans in nearly all the films are trying to stop Godzilla from wrecking Tokyo or whichever city he's attacking that time around, but they usually realize by the end that Godzilla is helping to stop an even worse menace. But in this film, Godzilla is very much the bad guy and it's up to some ancient guardian monsters (Mothra and King Ghidorah) to protect Japan against Godzilla. Special effects are solid, the story has a decent balance of seriousness, but not too serious, and it does deceive the giants monster fight action I was hoping for, but like I said before, I want to root for Godzilla, not against him.
December 29, 2015
Pretty much a hot mess. Godzilla is evil after decades of being a hero, and Ghidorah is a hero for the first time ever for no real reason. And I guess this is supposed to be a direct sequel to the original, even though we've had literally decades of sequels. And don't try to follow or care about the plot, cuz you'll fail on both counts.
½ December 26, 2015
This movie is amazing and a must-see for all Godzilla fans! This movie perfectly combines CGI with the traditional Rubber suit and puppets, and the end result is amazing! This starts out a little slow, but by the end,you're satisfied. Worth multiple viewings.
August 24, 2015
i dont know what the critics are thinking, this is a great godzilla movie
August 8, 2015
As an attempt to be SOOPER KEWL it succeeds in excess, but as an attempt to be artistic it overshoots.
July 31, 2015
"Godzilla Mad!" One of the few sequels that stays in canon with the "original" film. Though it reboots 3 of Godzilla's biggest foes into the story (known as the sacred monsters) it's an action packed blast of 3 kaijus fighting against Godzilla that's overlooked.
April 13, 2015
For fans of an evil Godzilla who'd rather incinerate Japan than save it, this the movie for you. Essentially ignoring everything since the original (with a sly joke about the 90s American remake), this movie has everything you could ask in a modern Godzilla movie, made the old fashion way. The Fx are actually pretty good, with some great designs for the monsters and Mothra's colorful entrance is a particular highlight. The lead actors playing the veteran general and his plucky journalist daughter actually believe this is a better movie than the rest of the cast. The movie riffs off of the Ring craze with ideas about souls and the monsters being avatars for them. One of the better Godzilla movies for sure.
½ December 28, 2014
There's not a lot of consistency in the 28 films that Godzilla's starred in, so I just view each of them as they are instead of worrying about what came before or after. I really like Godzilla's eyes in GMK, he looks so evil and certainly behaves like a threat to all mankind, hence why THREE monsters were needed to hold him off. The director of GMK was also the director of the 90's Gamera trilogy, and...that guy KNOWS how a direct a kaiju film. The action sequences (explosions, atomic breath, etc included) in this one are some of the best out ALL of the Godzilla movies. Again, Godzilla's a bit of an asshole in this one, but he's a badass asshole--he takes on three monsters! Stop complaining!
½ November 23, 2014
I am truly a sucker for these type of movies. And this by no means is any exception. The human emotion vs the all out attack is the best when it comes to the early 2000's.
½ November 19, 2014
the darkest Godzilla I seen since the original. No remorse just a killing machine. Takes down three monsters over and over as they kept magically coming back to life and then gets cheaply killed by a drill missle. Love the destructive Godzilla but disappointing story with the other monsters and crap ass ending.