Gone With the Wind Reviews

• Sep 13, 2022

Absolutamente perfecta, está tan bien construida y actuada que a pesar de haber sido hecha hace más de 80 años sigue siendo un referente.

• Aug 23, 2022

I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. The cinematography is so exquisite that every frame looks like an oil painting, and the psychology of the main character, Scarlett, is worthy of later discussion.

• Aug 19, 2022

A well written and beautifully shot epic. The filmmaker took an admirable risk to tell a story about a beautiful, but very manipulative, selfish, and cutthroat Southern Belle. It's clear to all the characters, and the viewer, on how flawed Scarlett O'Hara is; but despite that, you can't help but fall in love with her and root for her. That's the beauty of great story telling; to make you sympathize and understand a character you wouldn't otherwise. To call it a masterpiece is an understatement. And by the way, Melanie is the purest angel I've ever seen in film. She reminds me of my wife.

• Jul 20, 2022

An absolutely dazzling portrayal of civil war and reconstruction America in the South, Gone with the Wind also tells the story of an equally dramatic story about the human spirit, relationships and romantic intrigue. And also, it's very satisfying to hear that classic quote at the end.

• May 29, 2022

Visually it's a masterpiece and the depiction of the American Civil War is genius.

• May 21, 2022

The breathtaking majesty of "Gone with the Wind" cannot be denied, although we can and should recognize the morally problematic implications of its nostalgia for a society that profited from the abomination of slavery. The film certainly can't escape responsibility for such an indulgence, but the educated and enlightened mind can look upon it in a state of wonder regarding the universally relatable strengths which the film does possess. The timeless romance between Scarlet and Rhett has been pondered exhaustively, but the the enduring brilliance of the film derives from a scope which extends well beyond the parameters of their relationship. One might realize, for example, that the film offers a striking commentary on the nature and importance of resilience when life would seem at its most hopeless, as well as a blistering commentary on the thoughtless cruelty that we are capable of inflicting upon one another when in the moments of our deepest pain. In the end, we can't help but draw strength from Scarlet's stubborn and even selfish resilience, realizing in the process that even the seemingly weakest and most petty among us hold the keys to our own salvation. "Gone with the Wind" thus works not merely as an operatic ode to a troubling time that has receded into the pages of our history books, but also as an affirmation of what it means to consider tomorrow as another day.

• May 03, 2022

Dated. Sexist. Racist. However, the first part of the film is a useful account of the US Civil War. The second part of the film finely sets out the complex love of a woman for two men. Excellent performances from Vivien Leigh and Olivia de Havilland

• Mar 01, 2022

I absolutley love this film, have seen it at least 10 times. What a great story, great cinematography, actors! Love it. Love Clarck Gable and Vivian Leigh in it:)

• Feb 12, 2022

Paul Rudd was not in this movie.

Paul Rudd was not in this movie.

• Feb 07, 2022

A masterful epic of grand proportions. You can see how this blew everyone away at the time. It’s the most up and down love story I’ve seen and doesn’t end at all the way you’d expect. Vivian Leigh plays all the different parts of her life to the tee and Clark Gable is her perfect foil. With all that said, good riddance slavery and thank God for Abraham Lincoln.