Gone With the Wind Reviews

• Jun 26, 2021

A masterpiece. This is how you take a nearly 1000 page novel and successfully condense it into a film.

• May 08, 2021

My favorite movie of all time!

My favorite movie of all time!

• Apr 28, 2021

There is nothing in this movie that makes me want to care about what happens to the characters? And the dialogue or story don't make it interesting or intriguing. Almost not able to finish the movie. I have watched upwards of hundreds of old movies, it's age has nothing to do with it. It was simply not interesting enough for me.

• Edwin W
    Apr 23, 2021

I love this film. It is one of the all-time great films. However, the quality of the print used was not the best. Some of the scenes were blurry and the colored looked washed out at times. The sound, also, was not very crisp or clear. I know there are better copies of the film, especially the latest blue ray version which I currently own.

• Vince
    Apr 19, 2021

Fantastic story and acting

Fantastic story and acting

• Jerrold H
    Apr 18, 2021

It's amazing seeing the classic movies on the big screen.

It's amazing seeing the classic movies on the big screen.

• Kevin S
    Apr 17, 2021

A classic love story that manages to entertain without a dull moment for almost four hours. How many modern rom come or drinks can do that for 90 minutes? (Not many.) Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable have mad chemistry and this story is ageless.

• Apr 16, 2021

The most overrated movie of all-time, it's nothing more than a wildly inaccurate harlequin romance novel. The acting is fine, but the material is awful.

• Apr 14, 2021

A before and after cinema

A before and after cinema

• Mar 11, 2021

This is a classic epic-scale film with excellent trappings and nothing to say. The first half is quite good and would probably get a 4/5 on its own but the second half drags on and on. It plagues the audience with painful repetitions of previously established material, over long dramatic yet exhaustingly boring tantrums from the main character, and pointless drawn out tragedy that adds nothing to the narrative. Even though there are some truly great moments, the rest of the runtime weighs it down and loses the plot in the weeds. Closest comparison: It's like The Ten Commandments (1956) for the first half and the never-ending slough of AI: Artificial Intelligence for the second half. Setting: War Plot: Tragedy Tone: Petty Squabbles