Gremlins Reviews

• May 13, 2020

This is my #1 favorite film. They effects are great, the acting is great, and the music is great. Altogether, this is just a great film.

• May 11, 2020

The concept of Gremlins is so outrageous that it's fun. This dark comedy is one of the best classics of the 80s. The gremlins will be apart of our pop culture until the end of time. If you're looking to get into 80s nostalgia, grremlins is a good movie to start with and a fun one to watch more than once.

• May 10, 2020

A classic 80s film with a cute and cuddly main character

A classic 80s film with a cute and cuddly main character

• May 06, 2020

Both cute and frightening. The special effects have aged well, but the acting is slightly off. Still a good movie

• May 01, 2020

I fell in love with this movie a few years ago when I first watched it. It is very funny and scary. Wouldn't recommend it for little children because it would give them nightmares and also has cursing little kids shouldn't hear. But it is great! Go watch it now!

• Mar 25, 2020

You may have to get rid of some of your sanity to enjoy it, but Gremlins is a enjoyably cute and crazy joy ride through the 80s.

• Mar 05, 2020

almost perfect, very few shots with the puppeteers, but they're there

almost perfect, very few shots with the puppeteers, but they're there

• Feb 28, 2020

Quite original, over-the-top horror spoof is lively and entertaining, over-abundant with in-joke details, but its black humor is childish most of the time.

• Feb 24, 2020

Dante's direction is the star. From the Christmas tree attack to the gremlins caroling to the speeding stair-chair flying out the window, the "horror" sequences are perfectly shot and wonderfully silly, striking the odd tone (mostly) well. I just wish the writing were up to the task; when Cates talks about dad dying in the chimney, it was such a weird jolt. Still enjoyed it, but can't help but feel like I would appreciate it more if I grew up with it. Thanks a LOT, mom.

• Feb 08, 2020

'Gremlins' is certainly worth a watch. The cast do an OK job, but it's the Mogwai that pretty much carry it. They're funny and look fantastic, especially given this film came out in the early 1980s - Gizmo is simply adorable. The ending drags out a little, which is my only real criticism.