Hanna Reviews

• Feb 14, 2021

Just a very good action movie with a simple yet fun premise. Saoirse Ronan is her usual great self and there's just enough kickass action in this to keep you engaged.

• Feb 05, 2021

Action adventure, coming-of-age, some fitting comedic elements - this film delivers on many levels not the least of which is remarkable work from Ronan , Blanchett and Bana

• Dec 20, 2020

While I was saddened by how the movie ended with me asking a lot of questions, despite the solid book-ends and had a feeling this wasn't the best movie it could've been, Hanna is definitely a more notable action thriller. There are great performances, well-choreographed action sequences, equally thrilling chase scenes, a few legitimately funny moments and a great score that the movie would fare worse without. But what really makes this well-shot movie stand out is its unique take on the "coming-of-age" subgenre through the eyes of a girl trained to be the perfect assassin. While I'm not sure how well I can go into detail about it, my point is that Hanna does have more on its mind than being Lady Bourne (no pun intended). I may not love this movie but I was definitely on board all the way through with what the director intended to make.

• Dec 04, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (3.5/5) Super soldier films are not uncommon, but make the super soldier a teenage girl and you've got something more rare. Doing it well is even rarer. Duration/Tempo: (3.5/5) At 1 hour and 51 minutes, it's an average length movie that felt short to average in length. The steady and well timed changes in scenes and settings probably contributed towards the feel that the film was moving forward and faster than it actually was. Cast & Crew: (4.5/5) Saoirse Ronan was outstanding. One of the better performances I've seen from a teen actor. Excellent support from Eric Bana and Cate Blanchett. Summary: (3.5/5) The story was good, the cast was excellent, and the film didn't feel long. A thumbs up.

• Nov 06, 2020

An arthouse action film that never becomes pretentious. Hanna is a fun and exciting action thriller delivering strong performances, thrilling action scenes and a cool soundtrack

• Aug 05, 2020

Hanna was a great action movie with good cast of characters well directed by Wright. I could have given 5 stars if not for totally annoying music by The Chemical Brothers, bad decision on using them for music.

• Jul 25, 2020

Grande cast e duello al femminile a suon di fughe e combattimenti. Rimangono abbastanza oscure le motivazioni che spingono tutti i personaggi. godibile ma non ho provato particolare empatia, Cate Blanchett non mi è sembrata particolarmente interessante come villain.

• Jul 08, 2020

Saoirse Ronan is great in what is an implausible plot but still this is a fun action film

• Jun 25, 2020

Incredible story with the intrepid Saoirse Ronan leading the ensemble on the journey into super agent status. Incredible fight sequences put this film in the category of superb. Also Cate Blanchett as the villain is quite the curve ball. Highly recommended for an enjoyable film. Check it out!

• Jun 17, 2020

This movie, is so underrated, more people need to see it, it's not just an action movie, it's suspense too, when i first saw it, I clapped when it ended. FANTASTIC