Heartbreak Ridge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Heartbreak Ridge Reviews

August 5, 2016
I don't know if I'd last a minute in boot camp if Clint Eastwood was my drill instructor, but I really like getting pushed to the physical limits of PT!
June 5, 2016
For some reason i just love this movie as one of my all time favorite Clint Eastwood films. i just think it is awesome seeing him in action as a strict authority figure playing by his own rules.
½ December 25, 2015
Clint Eastwood hard as ever, but also humorous.
December 13, 2015
Grew up watchin this movie. Nobody can steal Eastwood's thunder but Mario Van Peebles Stitch Jones character almost steals the show...almost.
½ November 1, 2015
Una película como El Sargento de Hierro no debería gustarme, en especial por ese mensaje tan americano y militarista que tiene, pero es indudable que el carisma con el que está escrito e interpretado el personaje de Eastwood es suficiente para arrastrarnos durante las dos horas de película.

No se trata de una de las mejores películas bélicas de la historia, pero sin duda es una de las más entretenidas que hay.
September 12, 2015
a total joke anybody who spent any time in the marines or army would spend 2 hours laughing there ass off
July 29, 2015
With Heartbreak Ridge, Clint Eastwood once again succeeds in directing a compelling action drama as well as starring in it
½ July 20, 2015
Great 80's war flick, focusing less on the battles and more on the training. Overall it's similar to the fashion of Full Metal Jacket, doing a good job of portraying both the training and the action, although the action in this one falls a bit short. We have the traditional and by know clichà (C) us of old main character who is a badass, and the group of new recruits that disobey every order, have no respect of their superiors, and don't seem like they want to be there at all. Of course our Gunny whips them into shape in a amusing and interesting fashion, that doesn't bore. Having his clashes with his own superiors and ex-wife make for a good side story, so we are not stuck in the camp the whole time. When they reach the action it only takes up about 35 of the final minutes, in classic 80's action movie style, with gung-ho Americans taking down their enemies in a amusing, but accurate and realistic way. It's also nice that they focus on a small scale operation, one that I don't know if it happened at all. The action is pretty good, with good effects all around and toned down gore to say the least. Overall the acting and performances are all very good, the pace is good, and so is everything else. Has some funny moments to make you laugh too, and is a believable and well done story. Don't know how I didn't find it sooner.
½ July 16, 2015
Thursday, August 26, 2010

(1986) Heartbreak Ridge

This film is more comedy than a serious war film on army training that is- Clint Eastwood stye. After seeing the more serious army training film from Kubrick's "Full Medal Jacket"- Clint took army training to a whole new level which is sarcastically hilarious, especially between Eastwood assigned as training Sgt on the regiment Mario Van Peebles is in( his first big movie debut). It is because of them which're some of the highlights as well as some of the best moments of the overall picture! My only complaint is that I could do without the no budget battle scenes that occured near the end as well as the dramatic scenes between Eastwood and his ex- girlfriend Agie played by Marsha Mason(The Goodbye Girl). The sarcastic comedy really overshadows everything else in the overall picture!

3.5 stars
July 5, 2015
A terrible and ridiculous film.
½ February 23, 2015
Clint Eastwood is at his macho, insubordinate best in this exuberant, salty military movie with more memorable lines and funny moments than most comedies.
½ February 20, 2015
Excellent film but full of old and tired cheesy 1 liners
½ February 12, 2015
Clint Eastwood was always a bit gruff he really started to show it with roles like this.
January 2, 2015
This is much the same in a way like Full Metal Jacket but not as good. Clint training some marines and later on they go out in war. A bit fun some parts with the training. Worth see anyway if u like war movies.
December 31, 2014
This feels a bit dated now, but it does have it's fair share of memorable one-liners! Clint Eastwood is usually fun to watch on screen and this film was no exception. The only problems I had with it was that it didn't flow very well and it got boring occasionally.
½ December 30, 2014
lackadaisical platoon is whipped into a first-rate fighting machine, favoring teamwork over such New Age gobbledygook and with Eastwood as Sgt this platoon will be kicking ass and taking names
December 26, 2014
A pleasant war movie with twists of love, and friendship. Eastwood shows his valor, and ideology in this film as he trains his company, but also fights for the woman he loves. its a great film, and another star on Clint's chest. A must see film!
½ September 8, 2014
The second best drill sergeant movie
August 30, 2014
Clint Eastwood's war movie is a childish boring fantazy that have nothing to do with reality,
½ July 20, 2014
The script could be better, but Eastwood's performance is excellent.