Helvetica Reviews

• Dec 12, 2019

Tells the story of the most famous font with commentary on its history, design, and far-reaching influence.

• Sep 16, 2019

rather bloated. a lot of contrasting opinions but very little technical explanation.

• Feb 15, 2019

Succeeds in extracting flavor from the mundane. Fails in that it never featured music by the band of the same name. Satisfying nerd candy.

• Sep 11, 2017

Such a beautifully put together film, and a compelling story too. I can't believe that a documentary about a typeface turned out to be this interesting!!

• Jun 07, 2016

Overall a good documentary, but some of the people in it are fucking morons. The 'vietnam war / iraq war' lady says some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard a seemingly lucid, successful grown human say

• Robert B Super Reviewer
    Oct 02, 2015

The documentary is very well put-together. It traces the history and the impact of the world's most ubiquitous typeface. If you are fascinated by design and love to hear different peoples' opinions on why things work and why not, then you will enjoy Helvetica.

• Nov 30, 2014

The art and science of font.

The art and science of font.

• Jun 29, 2014

Accomplishes the rare feat of finding the universal in the specific. One of my favorite documentaries of all time.

• May 14, 2014

Interesting and well-filmed. Definitely a niche viewing audience.

Interesting and well-filmed. Definitely a niche viewing audience.

• Apr 07, 2014

Kinda interesting insight into Helvetica font..!

Kinda interesting insight into Helvetica font..!