Hereafter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hereafter Reviews

December 6, 2016
So many good bits to this movie; have no reservations about giving this story five stars!
October 12, 2016
Hereafter is a steady, noiseless examination on death and the dearly departed have on the existing that was completely exhausting. However, this film does not lack any ambition, with the subjects of death and the afterlife. But, it provides such a compelling diegesis with a monotonous and convoluted portrayal that leaves you drifting away to another subject.
½ July 16, 2016
Clint still seems obsessed with the mortality issue, but it is clear that he doesn't know what he is doing with this esoteric babble that lacks focus and purpose, presenting three poorly-written stories combined without any fluidness and leading to a corny ending that is simply lamentable.
½ May 21, 2016
I thought this was a great film. If anyone has any suggestions of films like it send them my way. It's basically about a man with a gift to contact the deceased and see a persons important life moments through touch
March 24, 2016
"Hereafter" tells the story of three people who are touched by death in different ways. George is a blue-collar American who has a special connection to the afterlife. On the other side of the world, Marie, a French journalist, has a near-death experience that shakes her reality. And when Marcus, a London schoolboy, loses the person closest to him, he desperately needs answers. Each on a path in search of the truth, their lives will intersect, forever changed by what they believe might -- or must -- exist in the hereafter.
February 2, 2016
Matt Damon as psychic, sees disasters. Tsunami like Phuket
½ December 17, 2015
Interesting concept and film
½ November 2, 2015
The first couple of acts of this make for an extremely slowly-paced yet somehow compelling hangout movie, where not much happens but you just fall into its rhythms and want to keep watching these characters. Honestly I could have watched a whole movie of Howard's character trying to get through to Damon's; the actors have a surprising amount of chemistry, and the blindfold-food-tasting scene is quite extraordinary. It makes the supposedly romantic ending seem like a bit of a wet fart in comparison.
½ October 9, 2015
Aunque los temas de la vida despues de la muerte y la aceptacion de la misma son tratados con toda seriedad queda la impresión que algo quedo a deber.Aun asi merece una oportunidad
½ September 6, 2015
This movie seems like it's going to be great and then you see it and you feel kind of disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's a good movie, but I think I expected more from Clint Eastwood. It feels slow too. I think it could have ended better or the relationship between the three characters could have been developed more.
½ August 2, 2015
Completely underrated, Hereafter is a sad, but emotional drama about death that will make you cry
½ July 9, 2015
exceeds at nothing, except as an alternative to sleeping pills.
½ July 6, 2015
Love these type of movies but the plots did not weave well enough.
½ July 6, 2015
really enjoyed this movie. don't let the criticism of this movie prevent you from watching it.
June 2, 2015
A movie dealing with the afterlife could end up hokey and dumb, but Hereafter treats it in all seriousness and it works. Clint Eastwood really makes you think about life after death. Very well-done. Bring some kleenex for the end.

Lastly, the tsunami sequence in the beginning is truly AMAZING.
May 4, 2015
I really liked it...
½ April 6, 2015
A poorly written and directed film that came to a predictable conclusion. The film portrays the English as grey, old fashioned and backward. Yawn yawn. The acting was wooden and the opening scene over dramatised.
February 10, 2015
Very rarely does anything captivate me the way this film has. To say this film is under-rated is an vast understatement. Regardless of your Religious or Philosophical filter and level of understanding, you do in fact have a soul, and there is much much more to life and what lies beyond than most people care to contemplate. The interconnectedness of our lives is such an elaborate web of chance occurrences. To see these 3 Stories unfold in such a brutal and magical way is absolutely breathtaking. This is must-see film for anyone who has ever studied metaphysical philosophy, lost a loved one, or caught a glimpse of the other side.
February 3, 2015
I didn't like the French girl
January 25, 2015
A bit too slow and complex for me