Hidden Figures Reviews

• Apr 03, 2021

In the arc of history you do not often see an underprivileged group shatter multiple glass ceilings. The incredibly brave women of Hidden Figures do exactly this. As African Americans, they shatter the barrier of entry to the hallowed halls of NASA, one of the crown jewels of the military industrial complex. As women they shatter the boys club of aerospace and rockets, where females were generally relegated to secretarial or clerical roles. Again as women, they shatter the upper echelons of scientific cliques, where many advanced subjects and challenges were deemed too difficult for females to undertake. This story needs to be told and retold. I literally cringed at the harsh treatment that these women faced in the bigoted time circa 1961. It seems the white establishment went out of their way to insult and humiliate their fellow African Americans, who showed amazing restraint and grace. It is quite alarming that a vast segment of America wants to return to this era, to put ‘minorities in their place', but thankfully that clock will not be rolled back any time soon. It takes incredible courage to be the first, the pioneer and the vanguard, to pierce the veil of discrimination and shove your way into the room. The bravery of these women is exemplary and admirable through the ages. A must see movie to understand the cruelty of the past, and the possibilities born from courage and ambition. To me the historic space missions were a side story, the real subject was the journey of these strong, brave ladies of NASA.

• Mar 25, 2021

So much better than the book! You can actually differentiate between the women; it's all jumbled in the book. I would recommend!

• Mar 22, 2021

This is a movies about racism, with a NASA background I think so many things that I can learn and adore 3 wonderful woman there

• Mar 11, 2021

I N S P I R A T I O N A L W O M E N S T U F F . we love to see it.

I N S P I R A T I O N A L W O M E N S T U F F . we love to see it.

• Mar 04, 2021

The story is an important one. Every american should be informed of what it is like to try and participate in this society as a minority. Some of the discrimination these women faced still lingers today. But the movie is just so bland and on the nose. It's not particularly well-done and doesn't stand out in any way. It takes no real risks and isn't very memorable. Everyone should see it at least once, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.

• Feb 27, 2021

Great movie with a great ending. Love the historical accuracy with a little Hollywood flair.

• Feb 24, 2021

Great historical movie!

Great historical movie!

• Tom D
    Feb 20, 2021

Great movie! As uplifting as it was entertaining.

Great movie! As uplifting as it was entertaining.

• Feb 19, 2021