High School Musical 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

High School Musical 2 Reviews

October 21, 2016
Better than the first one for sure, but it is still only for the fans of the first one and people who regularly watch movies on Disney Channel. B-
September 11, 2016
Just because i saw the first one, so it should be good i guess
August 29, 2016
It's a little bit better than the first one, but the songs are still crappy, the acting is mediocre, and it's hilarious how they still treat Sharpay as one of them at the end when she's just an evil bitch.
August 10, 2016
It ok, but at least it's better than the original.
½ May 25, 2016
This time it is set during summer vacation, but it's still more of the same. And the first movie really wasn't that good in the first place to merit a sequel. The songs are lame. (First and only viewing - 9/28/2010)
½ April 9, 2016
The words cash in jump to mind when discussing this film. It still has a very Low budget vide about it due to it being Disney Channel property rather than a fully fledged Theatre release. The songs are also significantly less memorable which i think detracts a lot from the film. Also at around 2 hours runtime this film just seems to keep going when 80 minutes would have fit much better. Saying this there is still an element of fun to the film and the actors are all obviously very talented (mostly).
March 18, 2016
I want to see. High school mucosal
January 27, 2016
I love All The high school musical movies because my hottest male celebrity boy Zac Efron is in it
January 18, 2016
I liked the first one, hopefully this ones good too.
December 15, 2015
No better than the original.
October 22, 2015
I love this movie. There are some great songs in this movie.
½ October 4, 2015
More of the same thing, this time in the summer
September 21, 2015
½ August 29, 2015
Much more of the same, won't win any new fans
August 11, 2015
I actually really enjoy this movie. Especially Efron's number "Bet on It." It cracks me up every time.
July 27, 2015
Candy-coated, mean-spirited pool scum with a female antagonist more likeably narcissistic and more engaging than the entire menu of side characters and female love interest combined.
July 25, 2015
This summer sequel may be less than its predecessor because of a purposely-developed character development that was the center of the little negativity, but it does offer more in energy, heart and the coming-of-age message communication of further expressing a teenage life while benefiting from the returning cast's performances and another memorable soundtrack. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
June 28, 2015
A film that surpasses the original in music, comedy, and emotion. Sets the bar for TV movies to come.
June 2, 2015
Zac Efron. Silly songs and wacky romances. Yeah.
April 23, 2015
It's easy to write these movies off...they are uncomfortably sexual, the songs are embarrassing, they're WAY too long, and the dumb melodrama next to the stale bubble gum are laughable in all the wrong ways. HOWEVER, they aren't without they're positives: the choreography is mildly fun and Efron is undeniably charismatic and talented. Does it have moments of being a guilty pleasure? I hate to admit it, but...yes. HOWEVER, is this TV sequel actually good? No.