High School Musical 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

High School Musical 2 Reviews

November 20, 2017
The story is pretty silly and uneventful, but the musical numbers are admittedly very entertaining. I really just found myself waiting for the songs because they were entertaining to listen to, despite how cheesy they got. The first movie is slightly better overall, with both a more engaging story and better songs. I still think fans of the first movie will have a good time with this one and it is sure to please its target audience.
November 5, 2017
Unfortunately, Disney wasted more money on a stupidly sweet franchise.
½ August 19, 2017
The good thing about that sequel is that it can hardly be subject to the law of diminishing returns, since there was so little a base I don't see how it could have been downwarded. Therefore, 'High School Musical 2' does just the same than its (silly) predecessor - and remains just as unpleasant to me. However, for those of you who enjoyed the first one, I can't do anything but recommend that one - it's the same recipe. As for the rating, I give it half a star more than the first flick. Just for the merit of not being worst.
July 7, 2017
OK -- I know I'm lame.
April 6, 2017
Ugh. I absolutely hated this movie. The music is bad, the acting was bad, the characters were shallow and stupid, and the movie was overall just dumb.
½ April 5, 2017
A lot better than the original with better songs and maybe better acting.
January 1, 2017
I love all the movies in the world
December 13, 2016
Still corny. Still fun.
November 20, 2016
Prefer the first movie but still a great feel-good movie.
October 21, 2016
Better than the first one for sure, but it is still only for the fans of the first one and people who regularly watch movies on Disney Channel. B-
September 11, 2016
Just because i saw the first one, so it should be good i guess
August 29, 2016
It's a little bit better than the first one, but the songs are still crappy, the acting is mediocre, and it's hilarious how they still treat Sharpay as one of them at the end when she's just an evil bitch.
½ May 25, 2016
This time it is set during summer vacation, but it's still more of the same. And the first movie really wasn't that good in the first place to merit a sequel. The songs are lame. (First and only viewing - 9/28/2010)
½ April 9, 2016
The words cash in jump to mind when discussing this film. It still has a very Low budget vide about it due to it being Disney Channel property rather than a fully fledged Theatre release. The songs are also significantly less memorable which i think detracts a lot from the film. Also at around 2 hours runtime this film just seems to keep going when 80 minutes would have fit much better. Saying this there is still an element of fun to the film and the actors are all obviously very talented (mostly).
March 18, 2016
I want to see. High school mucosal
January 27, 2016
I love All The high school musical movies because my hottest male celebrity boy Zac Efron is in it
January 18, 2016
I liked the first one, hopefully this ones good too.
December 15, 2015
No better than the original.
October 22, 2015
I love this movie. There are some great songs in this movie.
½ October 4, 2015
More of the same thing, this time in the summer