The Hitcher Reviews

• Nov 08, 2020

I thought this movie was honestly pretty great, I remember watching it right about when it came out and it being incredibly suspenseful and from what I thought a good plot line. Re-watching it again recently, I can say it solidified my opinions on this movie. I had to leave a review because of how awfully it was rated, when my boyfriend and I really enjoyed it. 10/10 would recommend if you're looking to be put on the edge of your seat the whole time!

• Oct 22, 2020

Ok. Too many plot holes.

Ok. Too many plot holes.

• Oct 10, 2020

Bean delivers a great performance as he plays the title character so disturbingly well. Very creepy and intense. It had me sitting on the edge of my seat.

• Feb 23, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (1.5/5) Not good when half way through you're hoping the main characters get killed so you don't have to watch any more of their stupidity. Duration/Tempo: (3/5) At 1 hour and 24 minutes, it's a very short movie that still felt too long. Cast & Crew: (3.5/5) Sean Bean and Sophia Bush were good. Summary: (2/5) The story line is just too ridiculous. No hope for the film.

• Jun 24, 2019

I find this movie unlikable it's one of the worst remakes I've ever seen and how can you kill Jim Halsey who's a good guy in the movie in the first place how stupid that is it's just not my cup of tea I saw the whole thing is just completely Works remake I get this movie 1 * I don't recommend

• Oct 07, 2018

An ok movie that isn't scary at all. The plot is decent hence the 2*.

An ok movie that isn't scary at all. The plot is decent hence the 2*.

• Sep 18, 2018

Not as good as the original but I really liked it!

Not as good as the original but I really liked it!

• Jul 06, 2018

Not the worst remake I’ve ever seen, but still far from the original. This remake goes more for jump scares and less developed characters and lacks the terror of the first. It almost seems like a car chase action movie at times. Still, it makes for simple entertainment if one wants to make comparisons to the original

• Apr 14, 2018

Absolutely unexciting boring remake of the original and best 1986 hitcher, not even sean bean can save this mess. he's no rutger hauer and it shows. the kids are annoying as well!!

• Feb 22, 2017

Sean Bean is too good for this movie. Everything around him is incoherent, rehashed horror schlock that we've seen a million times before.