Horse Girl Reviews

• 3d ago

It is a fairly unusual viewing experience but if you like twists on reality, this is for you.

• Feb 14, 2021

Just when you think you have the right hypothesis, pulls you towards a different conclusion

• Feb 07, 2021

This is one of those rare times that I agree with the critics over the audience. That said, you do need to be in the right frame of mind to watch such a mind bender. Is it a comedy or a drama? Yes. Is it sci-fi or reality? Also yes! I love stories with plausible multiple endings and this one can fit perfectly into whichever ending you choose. The acting, directing and production values are outstanding as is the story (stories?). Personally, I see a way that both can be true. Give this one a watch, keep an open mind and enjoy!

• Feb 01, 2021

psychedelic and poetic

psychedelic and poetic

• Jan 16, 2021

Phenomenal acting, deep messages, and critical thought. I loved it.

Phenomenal acting, deep messages, and critical thought. I loved it.

• Jan 04, 2021

This movie is a runaway train and I kinda liked it. Sarah is magoo, works at a fabric store and has no life 'cause she's so awkward. But then, when the delusions start to set it, the ride starts to go off the tracks into a bizarre land of strange ideations that are so strange you can't stop watching.

• Dec 27, 2020

Although Horse Girl is clearly structurally problematic and not as sophisticated in execution as its premise demanded, the movie mostly works as it is effective in all of its suspenseful and also tragic moments. The movie wouldn't have worked nearly as much had it not been for Alison Brie's truly remarkable and heartbreaking performance.

• Dec 23, 2020

Well that was weird This Drama is an interesting watch but it's not for everyone

• Dec 22, 2020

Super weird. I wish they would have gone a different way with it.

Super weird. I wish they would have gone a different way with it.

• Dec 13, 2020

Alison Brie give a vulnerable and raw performance as Sarah, a young woman suffering from mental illness, in Jeff Baena's Horse Girl. Obsessed with conspiracy theories concerning alien abduction, she walks a fine line between reality and delusion, trying desperately to maintain balance in her life as she attempts to convince those around her of her dealings with aliens. Baena does an excellent job of integrating Sarah's dreams and hallucinations into the story, which makes for a harrowing trip down her personal rabbit hole. The film is highly effective in shedding light on mental illness, but the impact is ultimately diminished by the strangely ambiguous ending.