Hostel Reviews

• Feb 11, 2021

I personally believe that Hostel is a perfectly well crafted film, and we need to see more films like this. Sure, it has a high level of gore, but it is highly entertaining, and makes viewers sit on the edge of their seats in suspense. I loved it!

• Feb 02, 2021

the score from the critics highlights how truly sick they are

the score from the critics highlights how truly sick they are

• Jan 12, 2021

Homophobic, misogynistic, brutal and fun-ish? Three friends travelling across Europe meet a man who convinces them to visit a hostel. When they reach the hostel, they encounter terrifying situations. At the start, the characters are nasty and you don't feel towards them at all. Gradually Paxton becomes nicer which helps you feel towards his character. Its got some cool tension and is definitely worthy of the certificate. But it's overshadowed by the nasty and vulgar profanity mainly the homophobic 'f' slur. Expect tons of gory, bloody violence, tons of 'f' bombs and extreme, hard core misogynistic female objectification eg. nudity galore, sometimes even full, and sex- the female characters are just there for sex.

• Dec 23, 2020

Quite a shocking and gory film from Eli Roth, most certainly a good film if that's your thing.

• Dec 01, 2020

It takes a while to get going, but it eventually turns into one of the all-time great horror movies.

• Oct 26, 2020

Starts with a reminder why everyone wants to brutally dismember young American jocks on holiday. The film has nothing much to do with the hostel but gives a good opportunity to show off some staggeringly good boobs. The film eventually gets to the point...which is gratuitous mutilation. Pretty grim stuff. The whole is daft, these young killer kids who eat sweets kind of epitomise the stupidity of the whole film.

• Oct 26, 2020

i remember watching this movie when it came out & thinking it was so over the top gory, but i couldn't recall what the story even was - or if there was one - & i've been on a gore kick lately, so i figured i'd watch it again & refresh my memory. & actually... i didn't think it was that gory, lol. i mean - don't get me wrong - it's gory, but it was NOT at all what i thought it was or what others claimed it to be. i'm not sure what that says about me now, but i did enjoy the plot twist very much. there's sure not a lot of story, but the one key feature to the whole film had a great twist.

• Sep 20, 2020

Not bad but not great. Gore is good but the first act is quite slow moving and boring. Acting could be better. I would recommend Hostel to any gore fans.

• Sep 02, 2020

Cringe horror movie starring who cares and directed by Eli Roth.

Cringe horror movie starring who cares and directed by Eli Roth.

• Aug 08, 2020

Who doesn't love a good movie about a group of friends that go on a holliday and well don't return as they aspected