Hot Rod - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hot Rod Reviews

September 1, 2017
The greatest comedy of our generation.
½ August 27, 2017
I know this is not for everyone, but I think this is one of the funniest movies ever made. One of the rare movies that made me laugh the whole way through.
½ August 6, 2017
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool beans
August 4, 2017
This is extremely funny you have to have a special sense of humor to enjoy as much 98% is what I would rate it
June 19, 2017
pure guilty pleasure
June 1, 2017
There are some laughs...but not as many as necessary for a film like Hot Rod to succeed.
March 23, 2017
It's a stupid, funny movie, which I'm pretty sure is what they set out to make.
February 8, 2017
This movie is very funny. It is one of my favorite movies. I don't recommend this movie if you are satan or your soul is black like the depths of hell. I love this movie because it has the most hillarious humor in the world and becasue there are mototcycles and theres a bunch of people getting hurt who doesn't think thats funny, This movie is awesome there are motorcycles. While watching this movie I have never laughed so hard Rod falls down this hill for about five minutes and I have never laughed that hard for that long. I don't recommend this movie for people with no sense of humor and people that are not looking to laugh or have the time of their life. Rod likes to party and so does everyone else so that is why I think you should watch this movie
½ January 17, 2017
Movie about a bunch man-children..... I like it. Ironically more than the critically praised Popstar:Never Stop Never Stopping. Maybe this film didn't come out at the right time, maybe I have terrible taste in comedy. I don't know but this film is hilarious to me. Andy Samberg forever falling down the mountain had me laughing so hard my stomach hurt.

Movies can be taken too seriously sometimes and this is definitely not a film you should be looking at for the basic movie formula. The plot is ridiculous, the characters over the top and the jokes are random. All together its a quirky classic.
January 14, 2017
It's ridiculous and goes no where. Nonetheless I can't help but laugh for stretches and smile for the rest. It's the ultimate guilty pleasure
January 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 26, 2016
Horrorosa. No hace nada de gracia.
½ December 20, 2016
Forgettable and scarcely funny
December 14, 2016
This movie is absolutely hilarious!! Definitely a must watch if you have a sense of humor.
½ December 3, 2016
Hot Rod is the directorial debut of Akiva Schaffer, and it stars Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone, Bill Hader, and Danny McBride in a comedy about a stuntman that wanted to make his dad proud in being an actual stuntman, only problem however, he sucks at it, and when his step-dad is dying of cancer, he wants to raise enough money to help heal him, just so he can beat the crap out of him and want to be a man out of this. I wouldn't really know what to say out of this as this The Lonely Island's first film involvement together, and it's a decent film for me, but it's very weird. The acting is good as they got the comedic timing for it, and the humor for me, is really hit-or-miss in terms of it's weird humor here. Sometimes it's fine and gets a laugh out me, but then there other stuff that is honestly too weird for me to laugh at and was more or less, "well that just happened". The characters are enjoyable, and the score is nicely put together, leaving off to the most epic scene in the film. I feel like Hot Rod is one of those films that after finishing it, people are like, "well that was something", and whether they like it or not is really up to them in terms of their taste in comedy. This film isn't for everyone, it's really weird and out there and some people would be pulled off, I almost did, but there's enough good humor in there that sucks me back in and enjoy out of Hod Rod.
½ November 30, 2016
This is absurd and funny and has a great cast!
November 19, 2016
Maybe it's my humor or generation, but this movie is terrific in the most innocent, simplistic and immature kind of humor. Don't go in with overarching expectations and you won't come out disappointed.
November 13, 2016
It has some funny moments, definitely some good ideas here and there. But overall it's just too silly.
October 17, 2016
If you enjoy movies like Step Brothers, Blades of Glory or The Other Guys, you will think this is super funny. Many many funny scenes.
September 11, 2016
Over the top and fast paced, the humor behind Hot Rod is what you can call "weirdly american", which it does works most of the time thanks to the presence of Sanberg, Fisher, McBride and Hader.