Hot Summer Nights Reviews

• Sep 03, 2019

I thought it was ok not enough sex for me personally.

I thought it was ok not enough sex for me personally.

• Aug 07, 2019

This film is a refreshing twist on a summer love story. However when the narrator is introduced to the film, they seem out of place. This carries on throughout the film and it distracts the viewer from the story line. The build up of Daniel's confidence throughout the film is enjoyable to watch. This contributes to the climax that isn't as predictable as most summer love stories. The film has its wonderful perks such as how it takes you back to a couple decades, and all around is not a bad watch.

• Jul 27, 2019

A mixed bag but some solid performances, great soundtrack and reckless youthful violence pulls it through. Very 90s in style and setting.

• Jul 22, 2019

Overall as a whole, i was kind of disappointed with Hot Summer Nights, it feels pretty inconsistent. There are good things about this movie, the cinematography is pretty, it’s definitely not boring, it manages to be entertaining the whole way through. But there is also stuff that drags this movie down a bit, there are quite some bad performances especially from the main character who is pretty dull, the only good performances in this movie were Maika Monroe and Alex Roe, those two actors were clearly trying and managed to come across something pretty good, the characters the both of them played aren’t that great, but they were at least interesting, and i can say those two are the best and only good characters in the movie. Really the biggest issue with this movie is it felt like a mediocre copy cat of Martin Scorsese movies, and it falls apart in its 3rd act. So Overall, i didn’t really enjoy it that much, i don’t think it’s terrible, but I couldn’t help but think it could have been so much more. It’s a fine movie, I’ll leave it at that for now, but i feel it will change.

• Jul 03, 2019

I understood the story 💯 so no issues there. Every single cast member did a spectacular performance. Mr. Chalamet did an excellent job. I hope to see him in more movies soon. When I watch his acting ability play out through this movie.. once more.. I am mind blown. Beautiful and artistic talent. Hope to get his autograph one day. I will see you all, both, at the Golden Globes & the Oscars on TV 🙂

• May 19, 2019

This movie made me depressed on several levels. The direction of this movie felt indecisive. The editing was rushed and seemed out of place at times. The movie became interesting when 30 minutes remained - I wish that the rest of the movie was that interesting. The dialogue struggled. The actors worked with what they had. Timothï¿ 1/2 1/2 (C)e Chalamet was good, just kind of lost honestly. The music was roughly placed. Also this boy kept talking and we didn't even know him. This film gets 2 stars: 1/2 for the movie, 1 1/2 for solid acting. I'm not satisfied.

• Mar 18, 2019

Hot Summer Nights. Aunque se trata de una trama ya vista con anterioridad la película está muy buena. Tensión, romance, y una banda sonora que le roncan los motores. Vale la pena verla.

• Feb 24, 2019

Oh its not too bad. So great bits. Just peters out by the end. And has a horrible filter.

• Feb 24, 2019

Fair enough. Timmy stands out.

Fair enough. Timmy stands out.

• Super Reviewer
    Jan 22, 2019

This was a very interesting story, although the end was predictable. I think this movie just tried to be too much all at once, I still enjoyed it though. It has one heck of a soundtrack, and taps into your inner nostalgia.