Hot Tub Time Machine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hot Tub Time Machine Reviews

November 18, 2016
I know I should not have, but I enjoyed this. Grin. It was fun with a great soundtrack. And who does not like hot tubs?
October 26, 2016
Didn't expect much but was mildly surprised.
October 22, 2016
When this came out a few years ago I avoided it because it looked like a stupid Comedy with a silly premise. Then I read Tom Demichael's Modern Sci-Fi Films FAQ and the fairly positive review that this film was given in the section of films dealing with time travel so I decided to check it out. It is crude, profanity-laden and sexist but it also defied expectations and turned what could have been a silly one-note joke into a fairly funny film. Adam (John Cusack) has been dumped by his girlfriend and is unfulfilled in his job; his nephew Jacob (Clark Duke) lives in his basement and plays way too many video games; his friend Nick (Craig Robinson) feels his wife is cheating on him and gave up his dreams of a music career for a steady pay-cheque in a dog grooming shop; and then there is Lou (Rob Corrdy) the party animal still looking for a party that ended a long time ago. Somehow, a weekend trip to the ski resort Adam, Nick, and Lou had the time of their lives in back in the eighties winds up with our heroes travelling back to 1986. There is a lot of satire of the 1980s but there are moments of genuine warmth. Some of jokes involving vomit and gay panic were tasteless but I laughed more than I groaned. You can't replay your life but if you did what would you do? With Chevy Chase as a mysterious repairman, Crispan Glover as a bellhop, and Billy Zabko as a high roller who bets with Lou over the outcome of a football game.
October 18, 2016
This movie was much funnier than it should have been. I wound up really liking this. The script was shamelessly silly and never tried to hide its silliness and never fell into the trap of living off of just one joke. Its shameless silliness and a very likable cast (complete with Chevy Chase in a small role) made this movie work. I will always be a fan of Motley Lou :)
½ October 9, 2016
Fairly bland comedy where the lack of laughs is hidden behind 80's Nostalgia.
½ September 18, 2016
Second watch ... enjoyed it , funny not hilarious ....story fine ! Soon Nr 2
½ September 11, 2016
Hilarious! Never would have thought this would be any good. Just see it.
August 28, 2016
What a pile of shyte. Frat boy movie with forty-something actors, with 'in movie' rules that changed every five minutes, pants.
½ August 10, 2016
Just wasn't for me. None of the characters are especially likable and the premise is just kind of dumb for lack of a better word.
July 24, 2016
Hilarious! !!!!!!! One of my all time favorite comedies! !!!!!!!!!!!
July 23, 2016
It's a hot-tub time machine. What more do you want?
jamrcla
½ July 18, 2016
You would think a film about a time machine that's a hot tub wouldn't get much praise but it turns out you shouldn't judge a film by its title, It's funny, Gross in places all the cast were great and looked like they enjoyed filming it, The story has been done so many times but it works plus it's different to other time travel movies, It's way better than it should of been and a good way to kill time.
½ June 30, 2016
Though the laughs die down in the third act, the movie overall is a fun time that you won't regret having.
½ June 29, 2016
Hot Tub Time Machine is a good movie. This movie however, does lack some comedy. There are not a lot of jokes in this movie. However, the plot of the movie is good. I would suggest this movie.
June 23, 2016
It's script may be fragmented and contrived and it's dialogue may be juvenile, but HTTM provides enough raw laughter, excitement in writing and genuine emotion to draw attention.
June 15, 2016
Love this movie, just something about it always makes me laugh! Always puts a smile on my face and just is a happy movie PLUS I THINK THE SOUNDTRACK IS GREAT!
½ May 28, 2016
Other than some comedy here and there, this is a really bad time travel/comedy movie, but it shouldn't be any surprise once you check the cast itself.
½ May 21, 2016
Look, I LOVE a good R-Rated, raunchy comedy. But I just couldn't see why everyone liked Hot Tub Time Machine so much because 63 on rt isn't bad for a comedy, but Hot Tub Time Machine barely made me laugh and the whole "sex comedy" schtick has been done before and is nothing new.

Grade: D+
May 19, 2016
This was not to bad I thought..
May 18, 2016
Tiresome "comedy" replete with casual homophobia and an utter lack of proper female characters.