Hot Tub Time Machine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hot Tub Time Machine Reviews

August 2, 2017
Good funny movie starring john cusack and 3 other random guys. I'm surprised that this movie has a low score on rotten tomatoes because I thought that this movie is really good. I thought that this movie would suck but it was actually really really entertaining. I can't wait to see the second movie in this franchise. It'll most likely suck but at least this franchise has one good movie.
July 17, 2017
A very inventive and funny movie! Highly recommended!!
July 5, 2017
Everything about the Hot Tub TIme Machine is absolute perfection. I am a huge fan of the 80s and enjoyed every single moment of this incredible movie. This movie is without a doubt my favorite movie of all time.
June 27, 2017
Well, the tub was somethin'. If you want a funny movie, then this is a good one. It's pretty silly and stupid (the good kind).
June 18, 2017
Hilarious concept - executed amazingly - a ton of fun!
June 15, 2017
Stupid as hell, in a good way.
June 5, 2017
I didn't think I'd like this movie. While I really didn't find it funny - I laughed out loud only once - I did enjoy the actors and the characters they portrayed. The music was mostly awesome. Chevy Chase is a welcome addition to any movie. The concept is silly and beyond belief. The execution was better than it had a right to be and swept me up in the stupidity of it all. Not great by any stretch, but not too bad either.
April 8, 2017
It has its moments and isn't the worst film I've ever seen.
March 10, 2017
American Pie Time Machine
½ March 4, 2017
Not often that I fall asleep to a movie with John Cusack in it.
March 2, 2017
Great White Buffalo!
February 25, 2017
Who doesn't wish they had a time machine to go back to their prime years and do it again?! This movie makes me laugh everytime I watch it.
January 5, 2017
Completely asinine. A terrible movie that will destroy your brain cells. (First and only viewing - 6/19/2012)
November 18, 2016
I know I should not have, but I enjoyed this. Grin. It was fun with a great soundtrack. And who does not like hot tubs?
October 26, 2016
Didn't expect much but was mildly surprised.
October 22, 2016
When this came out a few years ago I avoided it because it looked like a stupid Comedy with a silly premise. Then I read Tom Demichael's Modern Sci-Fi Films FAQ and the fairly positive review that this film was given in the section of films dealing with time travel so I decided to check it out. It is crude, profanity-laden and sexist but it also defied expectations and turned what could have been a silly one-note joke into a fairly funny film. Adam (John Cusack) has been dumped by his girlfriend and is unfulfilled in his job; his nephew Jacob (Clark Duke) lives in his basement and plays way too many video games; his friend Nick (Craig Robinson) feels his wife is cheating on him and gave up his dreams of a music career for a steady pay-cheque in a dog grooming shop; and then there is Lou (Rob Corrdy) the party animal still looking for a party that ended a long time ago. Somehow, a weekend trip to the ski resort Adam, Nick, and Lou had the time of their lives in back in the eighties winds up with our heroes travelling back to 1986. There is a lot of satire of the 1980s but there are moments of genuine warmth. Some of jokes involving vomit and gay panic were tasteless but I laughed more than I groaned. You can't replay your life but if you did what would you do? With Chevy Chase as a mysterious repairman, Crispan Glover as a bellhop, and Billy Zabko as a high roller who bets with Lou over the outcome of a football game.
October 18, 2016
This movie was much funnier than it should have been. I wound up really liking this. The script was shamelessly silly and never tried to hide its silliness and never fell into the trap of living off of just one joke. Its shameless silliness and a very likable cast (complete with Chevy Chase in a small role) made this movie work. I will always be a fan of Motley Lou :)
½ October 9, 2016
Fairly bland comedy where the lack of laughs is hidden behind 80's Nostalgia.
½ September 18, 2016
Second watch ... enjoyed it , funny not hilarious ....story fine ! Soon Nr 2
½ September 11, 2016
Hilarious! Never would have thought this would be any good. Just see it.