Hotel for Dogs Reviews

• Feb 08, 2019

Pooch paradise! Hotel for dogs remains a timeless cinematic masterpiece like the world has never seen. Its a heart throbbing emotional roller coaster, a true eye-opener that will live on in the hearts of millions. It will leave you gasping for air of laughter, tearing up of sadness, and inevitably crying out for joy. If any document will be preserved from the year 2009, let it be this. The acting of the dogs was absolutely surreal, watching them bark and run and eat they seemed just like real life. All in all I can not stress enough how soon you need to view this journey of the senses. This is filmmaking and cinematography done right. It has now turned ten years old, and this masterpiece has aged like a fine wine that must be revisited. It truly speaks for the American dream. Hotel for Dogs, you have one not only this critics praise, but also their heart.

• Dec 28, 2018

Hotel For Dogs is an very funny and enjoyable family movie that I really like. It deserves a lot more praise than it gets because by the reviews it isn't supposed to be that good, but it's good. I am surprised that it made over a 100 million at the box office (£117 Million).It has a great set of cast which includes Emma Roberts, Jake T. Austin and Don Cheadle. The film has lovable characters and the Dogs are adorable. I think The performances from Emma and Jake steal the show because their characters really connect with you and make some really sad moments. Emma Roberts and Jake T. Austin's characters are children who have lost their parents so are being fostered by The Shudders who they hate. Don Cheadle's character helps the children and is brilliant in this film. The film is extremely clever because the hotel contraptions they use are very clever. I think that was a very clever idea to include. All of The Dog's in the movie are not CGI and when you watch you would think that the Dogs are CGI. E. G. When the Dogs are chasing after the van at the end of the film, after they have been set free from the pound. They even had to train the dogs for several months before shooting. I found the dogs in this film very funny and they kept the movie more and more enjoyable because the subplot about the children foster lives can get boring and repetitive. The character which I think was the funniest was Mark because he made a hilarious performance and brought most of the humour to the film. My problem with this character is that he deserved more screen time because he didn't have much. The scene where Andi and Bruce get separated from each other was probably the most tear jerking moment in the movie because the actors made it extra sad. So overall, Hotel For Dogs is a brilliant family movie that I would highly recommend that you watch. It is nothing but light hearted fun. Grade B-

• Dec 09, 2018

Cute, harmless and appealing to animal lovers, Hotel for Dogs is intermittently funny with surprisingly good performances but it's mostly contrived, forgettable and quite paint-by-numbers.

• Aug 19, 2018

It was an extremely adorable movie. Maybe not how the real world works, but a much better dream come true than most nowadays.

• Jul 21, 2018

I got to say I loved this movie..if I watch it more than twice it's getting 5 stars from me. Wonderful movie for all ages.

• Feb 06, 2018

a movie for dog lovers and children

a movie for dog lovers and children

• Nov 15, 2017

Lots of fun. Cute movie. Don Cheadle is a stand out.

Lots of fun. Cute movie. Don Cheadle is a stand out.

• Aug 14, 2017

This movie is very generic. It does, however, appeal to kids and dog lovers without being annoying.

• Jul 18, 2017