Hotel Rwanda - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hotel Rwanda Reviews

November 17, 2016
A film filled with strong acting from everyone in it about one of the worst genocides ever in history. I was constantly interested in the plot of the film, I was not alive when this event took place, but heard about it often. The acting was really good like I said, especially Don Cheadle and Nick Nolte. Joquanin Pheonix was in this too, but essentially as a cameo, and I was interested in his character and would've liked to see more of him. The biggest issue with the movie I had was that it felt a little long and drawn out to me, but it was never that bad, I just feel like 10-15 minutes could've been sliced off and the film would've been just as good. Hotel Rwanda is a good time, and an eye opening experience.
October 9, 2016
Hotel Rwanda is a deeply-touching movie that features terrific performances from Don Cheadle and Joaquin Phoenix.
The story is insightful and it is told and portrayed at a high level of accuracy.
September 28, 2016
Don Cheadle excelente como um gerente de hotel que é a única esperança dos sobreviventes de uma história tão chocante e que foi tão negligenciada por todos nós.
September 23, 2016
Hotel Rwanda is a powerful film with strong performances and an unflinching look at prejudice, hatred, apathy, and human decency in the midst of it.
September 6, 2016
Pretty good, with a good performance from Don Cheadle, but nothing next level
August 1, 2016
I would have loved to hear the real story, instead of this bastardised, Hollywood version.
½ June 22, 2016
A brutal and violent yet accurate depiction of Rwanda's genocide in 1994 fueled by a down-to-earth performance from Don Cheadle as a deglamorized hero.
½ June 16, 2016
Emotionally drowning but ultimately uplifting with fantastic performances.
½ May 22, 2016
Rwandan Schindler's List.
½ May 13, 2016
Hotel Rwanda (2004) ??? 1/2
True story about hotel manager who housed over a thousand Tutsi refugees during their struggle against the Hutu militia in Rwanda. Powerful drama benefits greatly by a charismatic, excellent performance from Don Cheadle.
April 19, 2016
Just like "Schindler List", this movie shows that how brutal, cruel the genocide is, and how a human changed from capitalist to humanitarian. It is a sad movie, but it leave some hopes in the end of the movie. This is a massacre that is unknown to most of the people, but lets not forget every massacre for the humankind is heartbreaking and it is against the law of nature.
½ April 9, 2016
s/o to my history teacher
½ April 6, 2016
The original and better version of beasts of no nation.
April 4, 2016
Intense story that everyone should see! Not the best movie before sleep.
March 25, 2016
While how exactly the refugees were treated in the hotel and the manager's motivations might be more fitting history to a narrative rather than fitting a narrative to history, I think that the movie went about capturing what it would be like to be holed up in a hotel while genocide goes on around you well. Don Cheadle's performance was very good. One of those movies that's very good but I'm not sure I'd watch it again.
March 18, 2016
It transitions from a political thriller to a historical drama whilst creating a similar atmosphere of another crisis, with hard emotions and courageous inspirational spirit that drew enough aura to be affective and felt by the viewers, especially how Cheadle performed at his best in the center of the aura casting. It truly is a sad one as you would expect, but the value of it reached up to a rating of being really good based on its power. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
½ March 11, 2016
A sobering and heartfelt tale about massacre that took place in Rwanda while most of the world looked away.
March 8, 2016
The genocides in Rwanda are an often neglected topic of political discussion. This movie depicts what ordinary people will do to protect others.
March 5, 2016
An important story to tell....just semi-muddled storytelling. Had to visit Wikipedia to better understand all the little nuances of the story.