Hotel Rwanda - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hotel Rwanda Reviews

March 23, 2017
I love this movie because it was based on a true event. The main character is very smart and brave. He helped a lot of people survive a bad situation.
½ March 14, 2017
Hotel Rwanda is one of the most comprehensive and accurate ways we can understand the attitude of a couple of people in the face of the disaster, in which Paul Rusesabagina (Don Cheadle) lived the massacre of hundreds of thousands of civilians, including relatives, friends, neighbors and colleagues on account of the racial conflicts between the Tutsi and Hutu ethnic groups in 1994 in Rwanda. A magnificent story that stands out for the incredible character and humanism of its main cast before what could be the worst nightmare anyone could live.
A truly inspiring film from which to learn, albeit a little to be more aware of the events that today shake so many countries in the international community and those are conflicts that still do not end and from which we choose to ignore. Terry George efface the typical cliches of the war and focuses on few characters and their work. Without great effects, it is possible to consolidate a film that studies the psychological character of humans and their racial and ideological conceptions that on a collective plane result in unimaginable facts. The way in which Cheadle protected his family, in addition to the hundreds of children and elders he guarded at the Hotel Mille Collines is an act that no one could do; He risked his life at all times.

"The world ignored Rwanda when we really needed it. Unfortunately, even now the world is still ignoring us" - real Paul Rusesabagina. 93/100
February 27, 2017
Decent film, but I feel that it suffers greatly from being "dumbed down" to appeal to wider audiences.
½ February 25, 2017
A very heartfelt movie about a terrible event that went down in Rwanda. Don Cheadle steals the show and gives one of his best performance's ever.
February 11, 2017
Wow this is very heart-breaking. :(
November 17, 2016
A film filled with strong acting from everyone in it about one of the worst genocides ever in history. I was constantly interested in the plot of the film, I was not alive when this event took place, but heard about it often. The acting was really good like I said, especially Don Cheadle and Nick Nolte. Joquanin Pheonix was in this too, but essentially as a cameo, and I was interested in his character and would've liked to see more of him. The biggest issue with the movie I had was that it felt a little long and drawn out to me, but it was never that bad, I just feel like 10-15 minutes could've been sliced off and the film would've been just as good. Hotel Rwanda is a good time, and an eye opening experience.
October 9, 2016
Hotel Rwanda is a deeply-touching movie that features terrific performances from Don Cheadle and Joaquin Phoenix.
The story is insightful and it is told and portrayed at a high level of accuracy.
September 28, 2016
Don Cheadle excelente como um gerente de hotel que é a única esperança dos sobreviventes de uma história tão chocante e que foi tão negligenciada por todos nós.
September 23, 2016
Hotel Rwanda is a powerful film with strong performances and an unflinching look at prejudice, hatred, apathy, and human decency in the midst of it.
September 6, 2016
Pretty good, with a good performance from Don Cheadle, but nothing next level
August 1, 2016
I would have loved to hear the real story, instead of this bastardised, Hollywood version.
½ June 22, 2016
A brutal and violent yet accurate depiction of Rwanda's genocide in 1994 fueled by a down-to-earth performance from Don Cheadle as a deglamorized hero.
½ June 16, 2016
Emotionally drowning but ultimately uplifting with fantastic performances.
½ May 22, 2016
Rwandan Schindler's List.
½ May 13, 2016
Hotel Rwanda (2004) ??? 1/2
True story about hotel manager who housed over a thousand Tutsi refugees during their struggle against the Hutu militia in Rwanda. Powerful drama benefits greatly by a charismatic, excellent performance from Don Cheadle.
April 19, 2016
Just like "Schindler List", this movie shows that how brutal, cruel the genocide is, and how a human changed from capitalist to humanitarian. It is a sad movie, but it leave some hopes in the end of the movie. This is a massacre that is unknown to most of the people, but lets not forget every massacre for the humankind is heartbreaking and it is against the law of nature.
½ April 9, 2016
s/o to my history teacher
½ April 6, 2016
The original and better version of beasts of no nation.
April 4, 2016
Intense story that everyone should see! Not the best movie before sleep.