Hotel Rwanda Reviews

• Nov 16, 2020

A bunch of lies. In the true story Paul Rusesabagina charged large sums of money from those who sought refuge in his hotel. The Ibuka group of Tutsi survivors has stated multiple times that this film is completely false, and that in reality Paul is a mobster who has already been arrested with international endorsement for financing subversive and terrorist groups (search him on Google).

• Oct 11, 2020

Boring, overrated movie. Not worth your time.

Boring, overrated movie. Not worth your time.

• Sep 25, 2020

It's so crazy how they nailed the whole feel of the mid 90's with all the camera work and movement. It feels as if the movie was made in 1994. Jesus that must be terrifying to know that things are going to go to shit at any time and that there's going to be a war fought right in your neighborhood. That's so fucked up how they just left the Africans to fend for themselves while all the white foreigners and UN soldiers fled. It's so fucked up and unfair how the powers of France, Belgium and the U.S. don't want anything to do with what's happening in Rwanda. And I have a sneaking suspicion that it's because it's not profitable for them. I can never and will never understand the hatred that exists in this world. I don't understand how people from the same place can be so hateful towards the other just because they're from a different tribe and because their skin is lighter. Goddamn, that entire road was filled with dead bodies. That's horrifying. Paul was a hero sheltering all of those refugees in his hotel. A very sad and tragic moment in history but also hopeful.

• Aug 17, 2020

As a movie it's great for a viewing; but as a story, it must be remembered for as long as there is wrong-doing in this cruel world.

• Jun 27, 2020

I am not sure the script captured enough of the true horror but the performances were fantastic.

• May 17, 2020

just great, remarkable.. what movies and life are all about

just great, remarkable.. what movies and life are all about

• May 01, 2020

Hotel Rwanda is a powerful story of perseverance in the most grim of times, further enhanced with superb acting.

• Apr 20, 2020

Heartbreaking, yet leaves me wanting to stir up change.

Heartbreaking, yet leaves me wanting to stir up change.

• Mar 13, 2020

This drama was great. Don Cheadle and the rest of the cast did a great job in this movie. This movie that's based on a true story was very dramatic and intense. What happened in Rwanda was a real tragedy, but Paul Rusesabagina risked his life to help people survive in a war torn country. That shows a lot of courage. I would definitely recommend this movie. It's worth seeing.

• Oct 12, 2019

Mostly intense but not my cup of tea.

Mostly intense but not my cup of tea.