How Do You Know - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

How Do You Know Reviews

September 5, 2016
Writer-director James L. Brooks' "How Do You Know" is a charming, romantic and a genuine film. Reese Witherspoon plays Lisa a passionate athlete who just got cut from the softball team. She dates Matty (Owen Wilson) a womanizing professional baseball player. Paul Rudd plays George a business man who just got indicted from his father's (Jack Nicholson) company also his girlfriend broke up with him. So George and Lisa become friends and maybe something more. I liked this film I love this message and the three leads. 4/5 stars
August 13, 2016
sweet and harmless with a few quirky performances and an interesting narrative structure. good stuff.
½ June 9, 2016
Good fun. Haw seen it more than once.
April 28, 2016
Long, loose, & very boring.
½ April 24, 2016
Paul Rudd for sure the best performence in this , also his caracter who has way to much patience to get Lisa , Lisa kinda naieve or stupid for staying by that Matty for way to long . 2 Hours may be a bit to long for Reese and Rudd getting together finally . SOMDVD
October 12, 2015
I don't really know what to say about this. It has a lot of irritating elements, especially early on (so many overlit one-shots, so much self-conscious smiling). But it had kind of won me over by the third act. Well, maybe not won me over, exactly. I think I just got used to having it around. It is kind of amiable and charming. I don't know.
September 15, 2015
This wasn't as good as I thought it might be. The characters weren't very likeable and the storyline was boring.
September 6, 2015
With the kind of talent involved, you have a lot of expectations from this film. However, it disappoints in almost all possible aspects.
August 23, 2015
It was cute except it was not funny at all... How do you know had excellent chemistry between Witherspoon and Rudd but script was it was disastrous and the running time way too long for a pleasant viewing.
July 29, 2015
All my favourite actors. I expected a lot more.
½ July 3, 2015
holy crap, take 45 minutes off this movie and it's still too long. put good actors in a crappy story with a terrible ending it's still a bad movie. hopefully they got paid before it came out
½ May 31, 2015
This tanked at the box office but its not bad. Withersppon and Rudd are charming and Wilson a little bit buffon but overall its great just not perfect Brooks. Withersppon tosses up betwen a sports star in Wilson and a man on the brink of a prison sentrence in Rudd. Great cameos espicially Nickleson.
May 9, 2015
Boring. Lame. Waste of time. No chemistry between three principals: Reese Whiterspoon, Owen Wilson and Paul Rudd.
May 3, 2015
I like this rom com especially as Reese Witherspoon is in it love her she so sexy and sweet.True love always outs you always get the right partner.All Rom com fans should watch.
½ March 31, 2015
Great cast that give good performances suffer from a weak script that has many pacing issues and doesn't know what kind of comedy it wants to be, ranging from light-hearted to dramatic too often. With a slightly miscast Witherspoon I think this film had too many ideas for it to actually carry on with. C-
March 25, 2015
A star-studded turkey that disappoints in a repeated and bloated plot.
February 13, 2015
umm algo aburrida, lisa es estresante!!
½ January 9, 2015
Not a terrible film and a half decent way to spend a couple of hours. Thank god Paul Rudd's in it though or it would really dive and Nicholson what are you doing?!
January 3, 2015
Story was so slow and you knew how it would end.
October 19, 2014
Well Scripted and well acted. Small story with great moments of well executed comedy. Good moral... mostly.