How Do You Know - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

How Do You Know Reviews

½ June 9, 2016
Good fun. Haw seen it more than once.
April 28, 2016
Long, loose, & very boring.
½ April 24, 2016
Paul Rudd for sure the best performence in this , also his caracter who has way to much patience to get Lisa , Lisa kinda naieve or stupid for staying by that Matty for way to long . 2 Hours may be a bit to long for Reese and Rudd getting together finally . SOMDVD
October 12, 2015
I don't really know what to say about this. It has a lot of irritating elements, especially early on (so many overlit one-shots, so much self-conscious smiling). But it had kind of won me over by the third act. Well, maybe not won me over, exactly. I think I just got used to having it around. It is kind of amiable and charming. I don't know.
September 15, 2015
This wasn't as good as I thought it might be. The characters weren't very likeable and the storyline was boring.
September 6, 2015
With the kind of talent involved, you have a lot of expectations from this film. However, it disappoints in almost all possible aspects.
August 23, 2015
It was cute except it was not funny at all... How do you know had excellent chemistry between Witherspoon and Rudd but script was it was disastrous and the running time way too long for a pleasant viewing.
July 29, 2015
All my favourite actors. I expected a lot more.
½ July 3, 2015
holy crap, take 45 minutes off this movie and it's still too long. put good actors in a crappy story with a terrible ending it's still a bad movie. hopefully they got paid before it came out
½ May 31, 2015
This tanked at the box office but its not bad. Withersppon and Rudd are charming and Wilson a little bit buffon but overall its great just not perfect Brooks. Withersppon tosses up betwen a sports star in Wilson and a man on the brink of a prison sentrence in Rudd. Great cameos espicially Nickleson.
May 9, 2015
Boring. Lame. Waste of time. No chemistry between three principals: Reese Whiterspoon, Owen Wilson and Paul Rudd.
May 3, 2015
I like this rom com especially as Reese Witherspoon is in it love her she so sexy and sweet.True love always outs you always get the right partner.All Rom com fans should watch.
½ March 31, 2015
Great cast that give good performances suffer from a weak script that has many pacing issues and doesn't know what kind of comedy it wants to be, ranging from light-hearted to dramatic too often. With a slightly miscast Witherspoon I think this film had too many ideas for it to actually carry on with. C-
March 25, 2015
A star-studded turkey that disappoints in a repeated and bloated plot.
February 13, 2015
umm algo aburrida, lisa es estresante!!
½ January 9, 2015
Not a terrible film and a half decent way to spend a couple of hours. Thank god Paul Rudd's in it though or it would really dive and Nicholson what are you doing?!
January 3, 2015
Story was so slow and you knew how it would end.
October 19, 2014
Well Scripted and well acted. Small story with great moments of well executed comedy. Good moral... mostly.
October 15, 2014
This was all over the place, back and forth, going nowhere and ultimately without an ending. I don't really know what this movie was trying to achieve. It started out alright, different than I was expecting anyways, with a fun ensemble cast and a storyline that wasn't the usual rom-com crap. And while I'm not usually a fan of Reece Witherspoon I didn't mind her here, she looked beautiful and her storyline surrounding being cut from the National softball team because she was past her prime was at least interesting. I also enjoyed Owen Wilson in his playboy pitcher role, he had some funny lines. It was nice to see Jack Nicholson again too -where the hell has he been lately?

As the movie progressed though it just seemed to stall out, with Reece sporting a perpetually confused expression as she evaluates her life, moving in with 'Matty" moving out again, then entering into a love triangle of sorts with 'George' a cooperate guy in turmoil who she has zero chemistry with, plus he's acting like a lunatic. There were also many scenes involving catching the bus, why was everyone on the bus? And then the movie just ends without resolving any of the storylines. The credits roll you go huh?? And then think to yourself, what a waste of time.10/13/14
½ October 2, 2014
Dull, shallow and is a very bad interpretation of what so-called love. And Owen Wilson let me down, as always