I Feel Pretty Reviews

• Nov 26, 2020

I just want to preface this review by saying I never review movies and I created this account just to review this movie. This was the worst movie I have ever seen. Amy Schumer was unfunny as always. Her character was crude and immature, and once she hit her head and was delusional, she became the bitchiest, most entitled, most overbearing, worst effing person of all time, who would not listen to a thing anyone else was saying. I wish I could un-watch this movie and maybe un-kill the brain cells I lost watching this. 0/10 would not recommend for anyone. Worst. Movie. Ever.

• Oct 28, 2020

A complete waste of time, please don't watch it.

A complete waste of time, please don't watch it.

• Oct 17, 2020

It's good fun, as it gives a serious subject a humorous slant. Yes, it could have done more, but that would have made it an entirely different movie. This is definitely comedy first; drama second

• Oct 13, 2020

I quite liked this film. I have no idea why it has such low scores tho, other than people being stupid and mean. It's well made, smart and has important things to say, and doesn't over do it. I recommend this film to anyone with a brain, or who uses it at least, along with being emotionally mature/buoyant/healthy. It was lovely to see Amy Schumer, and other actors, working so well together creatively.

• Oct 05, 2020

I am a casual fan of Amy Schumer's comedy, and while her performance was enjoyable in this film, it wasn't enough to carry the movie as a whole. The story takes a strange turn in its last third that feels like it undermines Renee. The reveal that you expect - where Renee finds out she has looked the same time entire time - comes too late in the story. Along with awkward pacing, awkward dialogue, and a strange lack of jokes and comedy, Ultimately, this film feels like a missed opportunity.

• Sep 13, 2020

I gave this movie 1 star just cause I not trying to be a dick. But yeah this movie pretty bad, if your having a girls night it's perfect to have it playing in the background. From a movie point of view is pretty bad from a pilot. The movie has kinda has weird vibe to it. I get that it's about having more confidence and try not to worry about your looks. Witch I get it's hard for women to build confidence into today society. But this movie tires to Deliver that same message but it's kinda hard to pick up they message when the movie is just so bad with scenes moving so fast and the love interest come off like somebody that is almost held hostage. And the female interest come off kinda crazy it's not the over confidence it's the fact she sound crazy but the male interest come off kinda dumb with him not see red flags. Look the bottom line is don't spend money on this movie just watch it's on a steaming.

• Sep 06, 2020

Is this a comedy? Not hearing and jokes. I'm 30 minutes in and I'm already fast forwarding to the end. As of now, It's free on Amazon.

• Sep 04, 2020

People love to hate on this movie because yes, it is very stupid. But they knew it was stupid, it was supposed to be stupid. Do I think this movie is the same kind of 5 star movie as actually great movies are? No. But it’s 4 stars in its category: stupid, funny, light-hearted, and silly. I loved it and I laughed and I was in a great mood by the end of the flick

• Sep 03, 2020

I'm a huge Amy Schumer fan, but I'll be honest. When I first saw the movie, I didn't love it and thought it was "meh." However, rewatching it on Hulu during a different period of my life made me appreciate its message, and I will probably passively watch it a couple more times while it's still on Hulu. I suspect a significant part to why this movie is reviewed so poorly on here is 1) the reviewer may not like Amy Schumer's comedy/perspective in the first place, 2) female-focused or female empowerment films tend to receive lower scores and 3) it's really targeted to a particular niche, even if the film addresses other individuals' insecurities beyond the main character.

• Sep 02, 2020

This movie was bad. Average girl with poor esteem suffers a head injury and thinks that she is God's gift. That's the gag...and it ran for almost two hours...the joke got tired after the first five minutes.