I Kill Giants Reviews

• 1d ago

Powerful film with great acting and a interesting script. I personally think the film was missmarketed and is far better, and more human than one would expect, unless they read the comic.

• Apr 29, 2020

I made an account just to give this movie a review! So first of all, on hulu if you look at the movie photo, its a picture of a girl holding a FRICKIN WAR HAMMER!! Ready to go to war with a FRICKIN TITAN! You see this, you think "Oh this is gonna be epic, why not give this an hour and 40 minutes of my life. But no! its false advertisement of the highest degree!. This movie makes you think this girl is really dooking it out with giants and titans with a cool war hammer. But no.....the girl builds this imaginary story in her head that shes the towns savior and have been fighting and warding off giants while NO ONE ELSE IN THE ENTIRE TOWN is aware. That should've been my first sign to run from this movie. But i stuck around because i wanted to see some transformers meets pacific rim meets jack and the bean-stock....from the future..right? But what we actually get is the coping mechanism from a 12 year old girl dealing with the heath decline and ultimate death of her mother and deterioration of her family from the inside out. Shes looked at as a wierdy'mc wierdo at school but in her mind.....and her mind alone, shes a mighty savior.....whos heroism no one else bares witness too....NOT EVEN US! There are no real giants, no real titans, no real danger other than the dangers she associates in her mind as acts of giants and titans terrorizing her town....and of course only she can stop them, I feel robbed. Robbed of my time, robbed of my genuine interest, and robbed of my expectation of a damn good movie on a tuesday night. I want a refund!!! A refund of my 1 hour and 40 minutes.

• Apr 23, 2020

I Kill Giants was a HORRIBLE movie for two main reasons. SPOILERS AHEAD! First, trailer does the old bait and switch on you. You watch the trailer where they show a ton of giants and the mention "from the producers of Harry Potter." So you go into the movie thinking its about a girl killing giants. Second reason this movie is so horrible is this the storyline. This girl acts out throughout the movie but no one seems to care or really notice. Plus the story drags on forever playing on - are the giants real or is this poor girl crazy? Overall a huge waste of time. Happy I didn't pay to see this movie.... Also, my husband is not allowed to pick the next movie we watch because of how horrible this movie was.

• Apr 20, 2020

Terrible. Big waste of time. Nothing happens and the girl is just mental.

Terrible. Big waste of time. Nothing happens and the girl is just mental.

• Apr 05, 2020

I Kill Giants squanders the opportunity to create a brilliant movie with such an interesting concept and a great cast unfortunately leaving audiences who saw the trailer disappointed it's not the magical adventure the trailer promised. This YA adaptation from the producers of Harry Potter doesn't live up to its full potential especially when it comes to the ending. The movie spends too long building up to an epic battle against the giants instead of actually explaining what the story is about and it's nothing more than a few minutes of lousy CGI. There are a couple of good moments thanks to Madison Wolf's acting but is it worth watching the entire movie for?

• Mar 29, 2020

Esse filme é péssimo tem um desenvolvimento horrível, a única coisa que se salva é o seu CGI, grande parte dos atores não tem carisma e a protagonista consegue nos embriagar em um ódio absurdo por ela, pq o roteiro não soube trabalhar a situação real do seu sofrimento. Além de tudo esse filme é apenas uma cópia barata de 7 minutos depois da meia noite, uma cópia muito mal desenvolvida e muito mal trabalhada.

• Mar 27, 2020

I made a rotten tomatoes account just to give this movie a bad rating, even after finding out Barbara's mother was sick I never rooted for her.

• Mar 10, 2020

seemed like a weird and mundane movie about a teenage girl and her coping with things, but, didn't really seem to amount to much

• Feb 16, 2020

A very moving story of a young girl's struggle with fear and death.

A very moving story of a young girl's struggle with fear and death.

• Jan 21, 2020

I don't know whats going on, but it was alright.

I don't know whats going on, but it was alright.