Ice Castles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ice Castles Reviews

April 11, 2016
It's a nice clean entertaining movie
½ January 8, 2016
This was my favorite movie when I was 11 although I only saw it once until the rise of VHS in the mid 1980's. Now, almost 40 years later, my 11 year old loves it too. I'm always confused at the ending though. She does fabulous at the sectionals. No one knows she is still blind. Then comes the flowers. "We forgot about the flowers" they all say, and they look so sad. Did she get disqualified at sectionals because she fell over the flowers? Doesn't seem right. They took an otherwise uber happy ending and leave you wondering "Am I happy for her" or "Am I sad for her?".
November 1, 2015
Sudden rise and fall and rise again of smalltown Iowa girl who is thrust into the US figure skating scene until an unfortunate accident leaves her blind. A perfect film for the after-school set with a good cast. Remade in 2010 by the same Director.
August 24, 2015
I did like ice castles lynn holly johnsons performance of a figure skater who goes blind after performing a careless stunt but redeems herself in the end .
tom skerritt ,colleen dewhurst and rob benson also give good performances as well
May 10, 2015
It was a bit cheesy at times, but I liked it. It tug at the heartstrings and was inspirational.
½ June 26, 2014
What a generic candy ass movie.....Lynn Holly is beautiful but otherwise,a worthless bore.
½ October 21, 2013
Was not bad. Did not have enough action for me but overall it is a pretty good movie. Has a nice love story in it. The ending could have had a little more to it. If you are into relaxed love stories this is for you.
October 1, 2013
Dawn wants to see this movie but does not want to pay $10 for it. Will wait till it's cheaper!!
February 9, 2013
it's the FIRST MOVIE i saw with my friend SHERRIN...
December 7, 2012
if you could have me would you, to keep all to yourself?
August 4, 2012
this is a good movie
April 22, 2012
My all time favorite movie since I was eight years old! Very moving! Makes you wanna stand up and cheer!!!
April 14, 2012
i use to love this movie growing up
April 5, 2012
i liked it. i found it entertaining. i liked the whole not giving up on your dreams feel of it. and the song sung by melissa manchester as beautiful.
February 16, 2012
A story that will inspire anyone to stop at nothing to reach their dreams! :) I love this movie!!! :) I can watch it over and over again! :) Robby Benson is soooo cute and so is Lynn Holly Johnson!!! :) I love Robby Benson. :) Love this so much! :) :) :)
January 31, 2012
i like this move alot.. looking through the eyes of love
½ January 16, 2012
Very good old fashioned movie about love and triumph over tragedy. Fairly good acting and a wonderful ending! Only quibble: Lexi's voice is so baby-ish and whiney!
January 2, 2012
June 5, 2011
ive seen this movie a hundred x's.love it more everytime i c it!!!!
½ May 22, 2011
When I was 10 or 11 years old, I was obsessed with this movie. So much so that I had to have an ice skating birthday party. Which was when I found out I *don't* have a natural talent for ice skating.