In Time Reviews

• Jul 19, 2020

Given that classism is the single greatest fight of our lives, this film gets 4 1/2 stars for accurately portraying how the rich feed off the poor. Execution and context (backstory) are lacking.

• Jul 14, 2020

What we've got here is a classic case of a winning premise and shoddy execution. In Time feels like the runner-up entry in a junior high creative writing competition where the theme was Orwell, that was subsequently punched up by a screenwriter with a handful of tropes, and shipped out to theatres nationwide. The tone varies widely, with the first hour a relatively cold look at the creative world filled with mortal consequences populated by morose pragmatists, before later turning into a Bonnie and Clyde heist film with an almost action comedy feel at points. The signature 'time = currency' system forms such a consistent focus of the film, which is fine, but the prominence ends up revealing a host of plot holes and inconsistencies that sort of let the movie fall apart given the infeasibility. I do like the visual style, where every car is either a 2010 Challenger or a '60s Lincoln Continental restomod.

• Jun 25, 2020

The overall concept of this movie is terrific—having time as the currency and people continually trying to "buy" more time to live longer. This movie accurately portrays today's society, with the poor people living day to day (literally in the film), working hard to stay afloat, and the rich having the luxury of possesions, living comfortably (being "immortal" in the movie, from stockpiling massive amounts of time) My only criticism for this movie would be the beginning and end. I would have preferred if there was more backstory to how this society came to be. Who implemented the system of time currency?? Why does everybody have a continuous timer ticking down? Additionally, the ending was lacking. What happened after the "poor district" revolted? Did their society collapse? Was there reform for a new system?

• Jun 11, 2020

A modern 80s style story is not a bad idea but the execution is woeful at best from the terrible script to the awful casting it is a missed opportunity replace Timberlake with Jason Statham and you would have had a half decent action film

• Jun 09, 2020

Era atractiva al principio pero pareciera que no se supo cómo terminar la pelicula.

• May 17, 2020

This is the most underrated film of the decade. I love it and can watch it over and over again. The plot is unbelievably creative. The sets and shots are done beautifully. The cast was well picked. The soundtrack was one of the best I've heard since Hans Zimmer's Dark Knight trilogy. Everything about this movie was great.

• May 16, 2020

The saddest part about this movie is that they obviously had Vincent Kartheiser and Olivia Wilde available, and yet they chose Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried for the leads. While it is done in a unique way, it is still the usual poor boy teaches the rich girl the ways of the streets, type movie. Of course, she falls for him and wants to change the socioeconomic imbalance because of him. Unfortunately, with the subpar acting from the leads, I didn't care about them or their quest. That just leaves the whole time/money concept, which was not utilized to its fullest and left a lot of holes unfilled. Overall, a disappointing movie.

• Apr 21, 2020

It had a lot of unattainable potential. The story line was very unique and appealing. It was one one of those storylines that made you think "What if it was actually like this?" But there was a lot of plot holes and it felt rushed, there couldn't have been enough time to put it all into a single movie though.

• Apr 12, 2020

One of my all time favorite movies from the drama all the way to the unique futuristic story with a touch of satire, this is an excellent rewatchable film.

• Mar 29, 2020

Great sci-fi concept. Highly recommend.

Great sci-fi concept. Highly recommend.