Inconceivable - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inconceivable Reviews

½ July 18, 2017
The story reminds you just enough of "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" to get you to see it... Bad. So, so bad. Just...lots of plastic surgeries and not an ounce of acting throughout!
½ July 15, 2017
Utterly bad from Nicholas Cage's doll hair to Gina Gershon's frozen face. A total delight.
July 15, 2017
Exciting and entertaining... Enjoyed it "Do not listen to the critics"
½ July 14, 2017
Awful overracting by some
*** This review may contain spoilers ***
If you are into Unforgettable, Hand that Rocks the Cradle, When the Bow Breaks types of movies, then this one is a must for you! Good story- line and very good acting, especially by Gina Gershon who in fact in my opinion out-shined Cage by far. Pretty impressive performance by Nicky Whelan too for her convincing performance of her movie character. And it was a joy to see Faye Dunaway too still in the business. I highly recommend this movie.
*** This review may contain spoilers ***
I'd consider this movie a chic-flick/psycho-thriller as it's packed with women, a little bit of an eye candy. This movie is like a cat-fight of a married woman who befriends a stranger and got cheated on, it's like Mean Girls all-grown-up but with a twist of psychological horror and added drama. This movie came out in a good time as women in films is pretty much celebrated in Hollywood lately just like Wonder Woman and its woman empowerment. Inconceivable, on the other hand, is a little more than that - the whole plot builds sequence after sequence as you understand the whole movie in the perspective of Gina Gershon's character. I love how the story slowly takes you to actually feel like you're being cheated on by Katie. We all agree, this movie seems to be a little underrated but if you're spending the night with your girlfriends and looking for a nail biter movie I really recommend watching this.
July 11, 2017
A movie that took what was old and made it completely new. Jonathan Baker really opened my eyes to how thrillers should be like. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and the ending was superb. Nicholas Cage was amazing as usual.
½ July 11, 2017
5 July 2017
Inconceivable was actually good.Acting was superb from Cage.His forte is technically found in drama.Although it didn't spark with the kind of fierce exchange between two ladies ironically marying one man.But the lesson is well learned.Actually there is a diachotomy between being a mother and mothering.7/10 is fair,Cage was superb,thats exactly what is expected from a man in such situation
July 11, 2017
When you think of thrillers, this movie is not what comes to mind. It is very much different. Its sexy, fast paced, and the suspense is built up throughout the movie. When that ending hits, you will be left speechless by the brilliant directorship of Jonathan Baker. Its far from being the best thriller of the year but under his circumstances I believe he did a decent job and I would highly recommend this. It was much better than what I thought it was going to be.
July 10, 2017
This movie will not be for everyone, but nevertheless I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think Bakers style is modern and fresh and a great first attempt of making a full length movie. Brilliant pick of the cast and they did a good job, pitty it was not any longer.
July 10, 2017
I swear you wouldn't enjoy this movie if you don't overthink of everything. If If you're looking for a movie that makes you think and solve puzzles, you better watch this now. It's like one of those cat & mouse chase that leaves you all puzzled and solving Katie's mystery. ;)
July 10, 2017
Great direction and the actors did a good job. There are a few improvements I would of recommended but overall I thought it was a great watch and I hope there is a followup to this movie
July 10, 2017
Honestly Brilliant. I have watched with my Wife Kay and we found it romantically thrilling. Good date movie for our 5th anniversary.
½ July 10, 2017
Nicholas Cage could of been better but the overall movie was full of suspense. I have watched it 3 times already and I am probably going to buy it on blue ray when its released. I highly recommend a watch
July 10, 2017
Watched it with my wife, we both enjoyed it, but it would of been better if it was a bit faster paced. The twist at the end was surprising. But I wont give any spoilers
July 10, 2017
Just in time for another film that empowers woman in films, we don't have that much lately and it's a good thing that Jonathan Baker, clearly, was able to deliver what our community needs and its message about IVF and surrogates. There are actually a lot of movies that talks about the topic but this is one of its kind. Things do happen not just in movies but there's a chance this kind of scenario could come true.
½ July 9, 2017
We watched this on Xfinity, which only displayed the Rotten Tomatoes audience score of 86%. Had we checked here and seen the critic score of 17%, we wouldn't have bothered, and I wouldn't now be feeling cheated out of $8 and 2 hours. But how did that audience score ever reach 86%? This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen! Terrible writing. It's surprising that Faye Dunaway and Nicholas Cage signed on.
July 8, 2017
I enjoyed this movie although it reminded me of several movies I've seen like it. I love drama so it served it's purpose!
½ July 8, 2017
I would say that this "film" deserved to premiere on Lifetime, or some other tv channel made of bland, mediocre dramas, but this "film" didn't deserve to be released at all. The acting in this film is atrocious. Nic Cage was the only performance in this "film" that was not laughably bad, but he still seemed like he was collecting a paycheck throughout the "film." However, even though the acting was very bad, it's not as if the extremely unoriginal script gave them much to work with. Now let's talk about the worst aspect of this "film": Jonathan Baker. Wow. The direction of this "film" is horrendous. Strange/awkward shots are scattered throughout this "film" as well as terrible editing. Baker even seems to think he's important enough to play an extremely unnecessary character in the "film", and you guessed it, the performance is easily one of the worst in the "film." Overall, this "film" was bland, filled with awkward direction and horrible performances, and had the plot of many other dramas/thrillers without bringing anything new at all. Not a shot in the "film" was filled with any suspense or tension. Terrible "film."
½ July 7, 2017
This movie is awful. Bad acting, weird plot, awkward scenes and the whole premise is ridiculous. Save yourself two hours.