Inside Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inside Man Reviews

July 20, 2016
Lovely heist film. Spike Lee at his best
July 13, 2016
Twists. And more twists. No arc to the story though.
½ July 2, 2016
A review coming soon...maybe in the 3rd act. Wait for it, wait for it...
July 1, 2016
Extraordinary movie. Did you say cliché? That's what they thought. "M. White: "Off the record?" K. Frazier: "Off the... " Everything about you is off the record. Just talk to me."
June 29, 2016
A carefully and neatly perfect crime about a bank robbery goes awry when a band (leader of the gang is Clive Owen)abducts and takes hostages to people of building interior. A Police Inspector(Denzel Washington)must save at whatever cost the hostages bank what's suddenly under siege and itself surrounded of heavily super-armed polices .The robbers have sworn kill if they attack.Psychosis and paranoia abound between the prisoners from all sides and they can see no way out and someone making desperate tryings to flee.Clive Owen as the mastermind,executes an intelligent scheme is both exciting and thrilling although with a twisted finale.

Film packs maximum tension,emotion,thriller and surprise from the subsequents attempts by the policemen to enter in the bank. This movie is a crowd-pleasing blend of intrigue,tense,action packed and fast movement .It's a good production values with several stars and a clever twist ending. Great producer Brian Grazer assembled a highly talented international cast(Denzel,Owen,Jodie Foster,Christopher Plummer).The casting is absolutely perfect tough Clive Owen is mostly hidden into a hood. Crisp acting by Denzel Washington who plays a policeman making a first rate interpretation.Magnificent cinematography by Matthew Libatique.Memorable score by Terence Blanchard,he is Spike Lee's habitual films. Taut direction makes this splendid caper a crackerjack entertainment. Spike lee's realization is razor sharp.
May 20, 2016
A solid bank robbery movie with a well selected cast. However, it left so many unresolved questions by the end, and unanswered motivations I would have preferred to see explained. And for being a perfectly planned heist plan, they failed to realize that a single police dog would have blown the entire plot.
May 18, 2016
Spike Lee is known for his tonal shifts, but Inside Man brings such great thrills and intelligence to a seemingly familiar subgenre of heist films
May 16, 2016
Very enjoyable beginning to end and it's totally not overrated and people who say money monster is better are little pig fucks. (Ryan)
½ May 13, 2016
Totally not overrated with a great ending. (Fuck you Ryan)
½ May 10, 2016
The story of the prefect bank robbery where Clive Owen actually gets away with it. Denzel Washington tries but can't solve the complex case. Flash forwards break up the main story leaving the viewer to question who is helping Owen.
May 5, 2016
Another fine Denzel movie. It ends up being a good heist movie with a great cast. There are some funny/great lines too. However, I take issue with the motivations of Clive Owen's character (Dalton Russell). He wants to stick it to this banker who has some skeletons in his closet, despite the banker guy trying to do good things in the world to make up for his past. What's the point of condemning a man who wants to make up for his mistakes? Fair or not, that thinking conflicts with my own morals, and as such, I shall think of the movie as just "good" instead of "phenomenal".
May 4, 2016
4.0 stars. I really enjoyed this movie. I think it's Spike Lee's best. Good acting all around, which is to be expected from actors like Denzel, Clive and Jodie to name a few. I like how they cut between the heist and the interrogations. I would recommend this one, especially if you dig bank heist movies.
½ May 1, 2016
"Inside Man" tries to be far more intelligent than it actually is and it's attempts to push some agendas are glaringly obvious and short-sighted. To me, this is another mediocre offering in the police procedural and heist thriller genre, but, unlike other genre films of the same caliber, I didn't even find this one to be temporarily engaging.
April 30, 2016
Clever and original heist movie that just goes to show how under appreciated Clive Owen is. Entertaining from start to finish.
April 26, 2016
Lee directs this crime thriller about a bank heist. Again, Lee's pacing is an issue as the second half bogs down slower than grandmother's caddy.
½ April 24, 2016
Thought this was pretty great. I hope there is a sequel. What's with the Indian music at there beginning and end...just weird!?
April 21, 2016
Amusing in its own way, but I didn't understand it.
April 21, 2016
An entertaining film, but nothing that will blow your socks off. The intrigue is there, and the movie entertains, but not something I'd watch again.
½ April 17, 2016
A really intelligent action thriller. Great cast with solid performances all around and very good direction from Spike Lee.
½ April 11, 2016
Inside Man est un solide thriller avec quelques bons twists, des dialogues plutôt bien écrits et des acteurs pour le moins concernés. Denzel Washington, Jodie Foster et Clive Owen sont excellents dans les trois rôles charnières du film et les seconds rôles font le boulot, mais Spike Lee semble être loin de son niveau habituel. Si le film est réalisé proprement, il manque cruellement de personnalité et en dehors d'une belle idée avec des interrogatoires entremêlés avec ce qu'il se passe dans la banque, rien n'indique la présence de l'excellent réalisateur à la barre. Dommage. Le score de Terence Blanchard est très bon.