Inspector Gadget Reviews

• Nov 11, 2020

This movie based on the popular cartoon robot detective was terrible. Matthew Broderick, Michelle Trachtenberg, Rupert Everett, Joely Fisher, and the rest of the cast did a terrible job in this movie. The plot to the movie was goofy, peculiar, and ridiculous. It's probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen. If you haven't seen this movie yet, don't waste your time. You'll hate it.

• Oct 10, 2020

Another one rated too low, I assume that is due to it - so I read - not being "faithful" to the original television series. I have never watched that so I couldn't judge it in those terms, but as a film I enjoyed it I won't lie. 'Inspector Gadget' is very silly but self-aware, in a similar vein to 'Looney Tunes: Back in Action' and 'The Cat in the Hat'. I enjoyed those two films and, while this isn't as good as those, I liked this enough. I probably wont ever rewatch, but I can see younger audiences finding enjoyment with it. There aren't, admittedly, any super noteworthy performances here, but that's not to say Matthew Broderick & Co. are bad in this - they give what's necessary. There's a few interesting cameos in there, too. There are a couple of fairly amusing moments, but it's the dumbness that I think they do well - it's stupid and they know it. Like those other films I mentioned earlier, you're gonna annoy a lot of people by doing that so I can see why this gets hate - I don't think 21/18% is fair though, but each to their own of course.

• Aug 07, 2020

17% ""Inspector Gadget" may entertain some youngsters, but it teaches adults not to watch the original cartoon episodes".

• Jul 04, 2020

Well cast but the script is a mess even for fans of the series.

Well cast but the script is a mess even for fans of the series.

• Jun 13, 2020

Cute for kids, but for adults - mind numbingly stupid. The acting is laughable and the dialogue is horrific. That's about it.

• May 10, 2020

I remember seeing this on the big screen with my family. Even then, I knew this movie was go, go, garbage. Hey, at least McDonald's gave us cool happy meal figure for this movie.

• Apr 30, 2020

79 minutes of total garbage.

79 minutes of total garbage.

• Mar 16, 2020

Can seem very retarded but watchable for kids.

Can seem very retarded but watchable for kids.

• Feb 17, 2020

Bruh. This movie hits DIFFERENT. I laughed at this movie so hard I cried. It's so bad that it's amazing. Cinema genius. It's my favorite bad movie ever.

• Feb 08, 2020

After Watching Some Samples Of The '80s Cartoon Series "Inspector Gadget", I Found The Original Show Somehow Educational &, As A Whole, A Decent Kids' Show. Disney's 1999 Live Action Adaptation Of "Inspector Gadget", On The Other Hand, Is Godawful! It's Not Funny, The Jokes Are Stupidly Painful (Except For Dr. Claw's Cat, & The Cat That Drank Out Of Dabney Coleman's Coffee), The CGI Is Cheesy, The Writing Is Bad, It Goes Through 1 Entire Routine So Many Times! The Editing In This Film Is Horrible; They Should Of Put An Epilepsy Warning On The VHS Or DVD Cover To Prevent Seizures! What Else Is Horrible Is The Acting! Matthew Broderick Is Not Inspector Gadget, & Rupert Everett Is Certainly NOT Dr. Claw! Not Even Close! The Film Is Done More Cartoony Than The Original Cartoon. I Mean, It's Insultingly Cartoony As Its In Live Action. The Segways To "Transition" To Another Scene, That Look Like Layouts Before The Animation Process, Are Distracting, & The Film Is Just Too Damn NOISY! There's No Need For All Those Sound Effects, It's Like If Gadget (Or The Whole Film Itself) Swallowed Dr. Seuss' Gerald McBoing Boing! I See This Film Is Supposed To Be An "Origin Story" Kind-Of-Film Of Inspector Gadget, But It's Not Even Relevant To The "Inspector Gadget" Cartoons! His Niece, Penny & Their Dog Brain Barely Have A Role: They Were A Key Factor From The Show! The Gadgetmobile Never Talked Before! Dr. Claw NEVER SHOWED HIS FACE! This Movie Is Horribly-Written, Edited Horribly, Acted Horribly, An Epic Betrayal To What Made Inspector Gadget A Serviceable Cartoon Character, A Betrayal That Dumbs Down Its Audience. It May Not Be 1 Of The Worst Films I've Seen, But It's 1 Of The Worst Filmed Adaptations I've Seen. If You Want A Film That Sticks True To A Cartoon Like Inspector Gadget & This Is All We Get, Go-Go-Gadget Don't!