The Italian Job - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Italian Job Reviews

July 16, 2016
This exhilarating action-packed movie is quite satisfying for what it intends to be: an exciting, fast-paced fun ride that benefits from a great dose of humor, a fine cast and the beauty of its locations, especially Venice.
½ July 4, 2016
The film is a masterpiece. Re-watched it 13 years later. It is way ahead of its time. No gimmicks of camera. No over the top fight sequences. A simple, funny and intelligent film.
June 12, 2016
One of my personal favorites. A clever film. Wahlberg and Theron are a terrific leading pair. Statham, Norton, Green, Mas Def, and Donald Sutherland round out an magnificent cast for this one.
½ June 2, 2016
One of the better, smarter action movies.
May 15, 2016
There's a nothing plot in the midst of competent action and serviceable preferences.
½ May 2, 2016
A solid action movie that benefits from its A list cast (boasting the likes of Mark Walberg, Jason Statham and Ed Norton) however I find its character development poor and the execution of some stunts. However it's still an enjoyable action film.
April 25, 2016
The Italian Job is a quazi-remake of the 1969 film of the same name. A charismatic cast including Mark Wahlberg (Transformers: Age of Extinction), Charlize Theron (Mad Max: Fury Road) and Edward Norton (The Illusionist) amplify the excitement of this action-heavy heist film. You can expect crazy car chases, tricky thieves and clever comedy from a fun ensemble cast.

Also of note, for you romantics, is the charming chemistry between Wahlberg and Theron. It's fun, light, and infinitely rewatchable. On top of that, it has some of the most quotable one-liners for use in daily life.

I give The Italian Job a 6/10.

FOR MORE FILM REVIEWS: SUBSCRIBE to the Cinema Commander YouTube Channel!
½ April 8, 2016
Good, tight action movie! Great robbery scenes, both in Venice and Los Angeles! Good cast too! I'd love to see them all again as the same "crew" in another film!
½ April 1, 2016
The Italian Job is a remake film that was based on the British with the same name back in 1969, and it stars Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Edward Norton, Seth Green, Jason Statham, Mos Def, Franky G, and Donald Sutherland in a heist film about a heist plan home right, but one of the crew members double crossed them, killed one of them, and after a year later, they found him and take revenge on him by getting their money back from him. I came in with no expectations as I didn't really know what to expect, and the only thing I knew about this, are F. Gary Gray who directed Straight Outta Compton, the cast, and that it had good reviews for a remake, which it deserves it as it's an enjoyable film. The heist scene is entertaining a bit, although it wasn't as complex as I thought was going to be, which didn't made sense. The cast are the best part of the film, and the characterization of the crew is really good that I find all of them memorable. There's a lot of funny moments, and some exciting chase scenes. There are some plot elements that were either convenient, or rather predictable to make the plot go longer. As is, The Italian Job is a really good remake that was a bit of surprise to me, and I really like watching films that are a surprise.
½ April 1, 2016
I wouldn't describe this as a remake of the original, it's more like an homage to it. A mixed cast of real and novelty actors start out with a heist in Italy but after that, it's all back to familiar teritory and apart from the minis racing around town driving in bits their not normally allowed to, there is little to compare. They don't have a great ending like the original and they don't say "you're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" once.
½ March 29, 2016
2003's classic remake ''The Italian Job'' is mediocrity at its best. It's neither great, original, surprising or anything of such sorts, nor is it bad in any way, shape or form. It's an entertaining film, it certainly is, but that's really al it is. The script is predictable and filled with plot-holes as you expect with films like this, the acting isnt good, nor is it bad, no one in particular stands out, Edward Norton maybe, he plays a cool villain, but in the opening scene of the film (and knowing the general synopsis of the film beforehand) you instantly know he was going to be the one to betray them, with his scary face and the moustache.
The film has cool ideas, despite having seen them all done before a hundred times, it has impressive set pieces, car/boat chases, good locations and a stellar cast. The way it was executed reminded me in a good way of Fast Five/Furious Six/ and Furious Seven. The same style of a rag-tag team planning a big heist, with car chases, lots of money, and just a great time watching

All in all ''The Italian Job'' is certainly an entertaining flick, but extremely conventional, predictable, same with the characters.
March 28, 2016
The story might not be the greatest, it still is, entertaining, fun and action-packed,
January 16, 2016
Your usual popcorn film, fun to watch with friends, the script isn't as hot as you might expect from a film about a "job", but it does have a nice cast.
½ January 15, 2016
Though there were a number of ignored plot holes, The Italian Job is a very slick heist action-film, with effective performances by Wahlberg, Theron, Statham, and co. With excellent pacing and some very funny moments showcasing the cast's chemistry, the film will promise to be entertaining. However, I wasn't impressed by the competent, but uninspired plot; the acting and action makes the movie. Ocean's 11 this is not.
½ January 2, 2016
I really like the plot in this movie. The acting was good and the car chase was awesome.
½ December 29, 2015
Enjoyable, but forgettable. Norton is surprisingly dull.
December 26, 2015
Grade: C

A totally acceptable by the numbers heist movie with an all-star cast that seems game for the most part. The movie also functions as a commercial for Mini Coopers which are fun cars. So there's that.
½ December 12, 2015
An entertaining, easy to like, but predictable heist thriller.
½ November 15, 2015
Very good represented plot-twisting movie.
November 2, 2015
O roteiro, ainda que previsível, se beneficia fortemente do belo elenco, em ótima forma.