The Italian Job - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Italian Job Reviews

½ August 8, 2017
saw this movie because of itīs cast, I think it just wasnīt for me :((((
August 6, 2017
stands the test of time surprisingly well. great cast, lots of great scenes. pretty exciting and fast paced. ed norton is a GOAT. well put together story and generally well made movie. (note: i was struggling to stay awake at the end because i started it late, i'm pretty sure about the 4.0 rating but might be a 3.5)
(about 4 viewings)
July 29, 2017
Haven't rewatched lately so fudging the rating, but a decent action movie and Seth green cracked me up
July 15, 2017
It's not groundbreaking, but it's fun to watch none the less
June 17, 2017
One of the best i've seen for a long time ! I love Mini Coopers :)
½ June 16, 2017
This is the movie I go to when I'm feeling nostalgic. Mark Wahlberg and Charleze Theron both bring a great chemistry to the film, and Seth Green's jokes throughout the movie make this a classic tale of comedy and revenge! This movie made me want to own a Mini Cooper!
June 10, 2017
The Italian Job isn't a masterpiece, but it gets the job done.
½ June 1, 2017
The Italian Job failed to make me care about its characters and turns into a standard heist film.
May 29, 2017
The Italian Job does exactly what it was made to do and that is entertain you. This is by no means going to win any Oscar's, but I can promise you will have tons of fun watching this movie. F. Gary Gray delivers on this action packed heist film. All the performances are great and have heart to them. Lots of laughs to be had with this film. Italian Job is a perfect movie to sit back and relax after a long day. I definitely recommend this film.
April 26, 2017
Don't know why, don't know what connect me with this movie that much. But this is my favourite movie, just movie what I can watch a lot times.
April 8, 2017
This one is a flick that I have enjoyed quite a bit, but have only seen twice now, and I have to say, it's a good bit of fun for some early 2000s action fare. Featuring a diverse group of leads, we get to see some criminals go after payback on their former partner who betrayed them, and it's a helluva ride.

Rental!
April 1, 2017
It was ok. It had a great cast and a fun plot. Was very predictable and the twists at the beginning was obvious. Still a enjoyable movie but nothing immensely unique.
January 22, 2017
Want to see it, cuz the original '69 was xlnt.
January 19, 2017
Great heist film. Uneven in some parts, but still excellent nonetheless. The cast is top notch, the location is gorgeous and the action is thrilling. Ed Norton gives a one of a kind performance, similar to Steve Buscemi. In some ways, this is a lot like other action and heist films, but it has a one of a kind cast, and therefore, a one of a kind story.
October 17, 2016
The Italian job is a 2003 remake of the original film from 1969 that starred Michael caine. Set in LA Mark Wahlberg stars as Charlie Croker the leader of a crew that includes Handsome rob, Lyle, Left ear, Steve and John Bridger the main head of the crew. After a successful Italian job Steve betrays the group taking the gold they stole and presummingly killing the whole crew. The crew survives and decides to lay low until the time is right. A year later Charlie puts into action a plan he has been working and enlists the help of John's daughter stella to help them steal back what was taken from then.
very smooth and slick. F Gary Grey provides a really fun atmosphere and style of movie here with his directing this is like one of the standards in todays heist pictures. Its so well crafted. The opening scene was excellently designed and well directed. the mini coopers are like an extra set of characters. the usage of them was perfect and the choregraphy with the races was great.
Great acting here from the cast. we sort of see the origins of the cool, smooth brotha that Mark Wahlberg began to play around this time and sometimes does to this day. He gave a pretty great performance. Even here Charlize Theron can always hold her own in male dominated world in movies and she has great chemistry with all the guys especially Wahlberg. I liked Edward Norton in here he played a pretty by the book villain who's motivation was pure jealousy. Kind of throwback and cool to see compared to the villians of today. Mos def and seth green were great as the comedic characters in this film. Mos def's hit on a lot of jokes in here but he also has a real calmness and poise when acting and it oozes off camera so well. this is rare to see Statham in a role where he has to rely more on his swagger and smoothness than his physical prowesses. he does very well here nonetheless
I quite enjoyed the Italian Job! check it out when you can
½ September 15, 2016
Really good heist movie with a great cast as well. It's exactly what you'd expect but you can still smile while seeing it unfold.
September 13, 2016
New remake of the old 1969 movie. Good action and feel good to support the crew. Donald Sutherland, father of Charlize Theron, plans to retire after one last heist in Italy. The crew Mark Whalberg, Edward Norton, Mos Def, Jason Statham plant explosive at the floor and the safe box drop. Jason ride a boat to divert attention away. Donald and Mark open the safe underwater and ship the gold bars away. Edward double cross them to take it all for his own, killed Donald and thought the rest are dead when their truck fall into the cold river. 1 year later, Charlize work for police to crack into safe. Mark find her to get revenge on Edward whom they've been hunting. They do surveillance on his home and need a blue print of his house. Charlize pretend to be cable repair in order to access his house. He take a liking of her and invite her to dinner. They also plan getaway routes and re-enforce their Mini Cooper to take the gold weight and escape with the help of a mechanic. Edward has been trying to sell the gold through a launderer and he kills the guy when he mention about the source of the gold. After planning to strike on the date night, they call it off when the neighbor hold a party. Charlize turn up but Edward been alerted know who she is. The rest appears and he is stun for awhile. Olek Krupa a mafia boss, cousin of the dead launderer seeks revenge and thought Mark is the culprit. Edward plans to escape and hire 3 armour trucks and bikes to do a decoy. Seth use CCTV and calculate which truck carries weight and they tag the right truck, manipulate the traffic light to their desire road. The planted explosive made the truck drop to the bottom. The mechanic help to cover up the road hole. After transferring the $27 million worth of gold bars to their 3 Coopers, they escape via the tunnel and made it to the train. Edward tag on and is confront by them. Olek also turn up and gonna kill Edward after striking a deal with Mark. All of them got the revenge and dream after becoming rich.
August 20, 2016
own it. love it. i can watch it over and over
August 20, 2016
Didn't know this was a remake but I really enjoyed this betrayal revenge action thriller!
August 14, 2016