John Wick Reviews

• 25m ago

John Wick PvC Review (5/25/19) Pros Coming from an honest, emotional approach; John Wick lays down the groundwork for an enthralling world of assassins in a way that is completely unique from other movies like it. Witnessing a grieving man try to move on in his life only to witness him being dragged back into his past that he fought to escape, to find out that he is in fact a trained killer and the best of them all. You explore his dark past with him, you see this world that seems to be grounded in reality but is so surreal in its own right and you naturally learn its rules as well as its figures. I think that's what I love best about this film, it's not all the high octane action but the cleverly written world it is presenting before me. But needless to say the action does shine a lot; it is quite beautifully done thanks to Keanu Reeves' knowledge of the stunts performed, the shots done with the camera, and the way the music compliments it to its fullest extent without missing a beat. But it is also the action that can hold it back for me. + Enthralling world + Intriguing characters and narrative + Fantastic soundtrack + Good Action + Naturally paced story and progression + Beautifully shot Cons In this story you follow John Wick as he seeks revenge against the people who took away the rest of his normal life, hence making it an intriguing vengeance story, but the payoff of actually him getting his man for both occasions just doesn't feel gratifying or it feels too quick to make it satisfying. Also in terms of the action scenes, while really fast paced and entertaining to watch, I found myself growing less interested in the typical cover shooting gun fights along with the settings they took place in. It felt too typical of a movie of its genre at times when it could've done so much more in the world that they had beautifully created. Maybe it was the praise the movie had received that made me feel a bit let down with some of the action segments or the fact that the fights got a bit samey towards the end. Regardless of this, it doesn't hold the movie back from being great. It was just a bit disappointing in some of its aspects. - Payoff isn't all there - Action can be a bit disappointing at times Overall John Wick is a fantastic action flick with a genuinely intriguing world and with genuinely wonderful characters that feel natural to it. While some things are a bit disappointing it doesn't take away the fact that this is a wonderfully entertaining film.

• 1d ago

John Wick is a movie with mammoth actions with very subtle story telling. It blends its story with the cast remarkably. Action choreography was amazing, climax was interesting and the universe it sets up is really really intriguing. This could create a new action packed universe.

• 2d ago

This movie is original and entertaining. The action sequences were dazzling, and Keanu Reeves was spectacular as John Wick. However, I do think that there was some questionable choices in the storyline.

• 2d ago

A decent introduction to the character and story.

A decent introduction to the character and story.

• 3d ago

John Wick is a movie that requires little brain power or sustained effort of attention. The first installment provides a great amount of action, with strong fighting sequals with believable but optimistic flow. Keanu brings a good amount of intensity which keeps you engage in his revengeful pursues. I really enjoyed the character build early in the movie which allowed the audience to empathize with John's at times sadistic motives. Great cast, strong enough acting and enough one liners to remind you of a fully intentioned action blockbuster. I thought the screening of view points gave different levels of perception and really made you reminisce about the matrix days. Solid movie (perfect for a hangover) and leaves me motivated to follow up with the sequals

• 3d ago

One of my favorite movies of all time. My favorite movie in recent time for sure. If you like action films, you HAVE to see this movie, because this is one of the best action movies that has come out in centuries. Extremely recommended.

• 3d ago

As the "man-takes-on-the-mob" movies go...this one is top notch.

As the "man-takes-on-the-mob" movies go...this one is top notch.

• 3d ago

Fast action, sad moments that hit you, and a surprise hit among fans. This action movie has rightfully spawned more sequels that have even triumphed this movie, but the original is the original. It brought Keanu Reeves back into the action spotlight with a character that expresses no emotion much like his acting which is just perfect for him.

• 4d ago

Completely brilliant. The story doesn't dump any exposition, it shows you. The characters feel completely real, and any lack of personality possibly found in John is made up for by keanu Reeves solid acting and the believable dialogue.

• 4d ago

That's what the antagonist's get for killing John Wicks' dog and stealing his car. A cool action-filled flick.