Johnny English Reviews

• Sep 16, 2020

There are hints of Atkinson's great comedic timing from his earlier years, but he is dragged down through some jokes that are just too crude or too predictable to land properly, like a pistol that literally shits. Malkovich returns to Rounders glory with an absolutely terrible accent, but at least it's justified this time around by the genre. Goes from pretty solid ground at times to Austin Powers and back again without bringing it together cohesively. There's still plenty of fun to be had in the longer-running comedy bits, but Blackadder this is not. (2.5/5)

• Aug 29, 2020

Better than I expected, Rowan Atkinson is a riot in the titular role, Ben Miller also does a great job. Some comic scenes are genuinely funny, its a film with lots of hits a few misses. And John Malkovich's over the top portrayal of Pascal Sauvage makes this even better. A fun watch.

• Jul 14, 2020

This movie is funny and the family will most likely enjoy it.

This movie is funny and the family will most likely enjoy it.

• Jun 29, 2020

uninspired but often funny.

uninspired but often funny.

• May 17, 2020

A funny spy movie that could have been better but still will make the family laugh.

• May 03, 2020

I never took the time to watch any of the Mr. Bean movies, because PG-13 comedy isn't crude enough to entertain me. I was actually surprised with this first Johnny English movie though. Atkins' British humor style of haphazardly bollixing up an extended task [and suffering the lashback of extreme humiliation] is actually funny for half of the film. I was expecting a one star fart, but this was unexpectedly amusing.

• Dec 29, 2019

Physical comedy not bad.

Physical comedy not bad.

• Nov 14, 2019

A classic spy comedy.

A classic spy comedy.

• Oct 27, 2019

I am afraid to tell you, but this movie is rotten to the very core... I am a huge fan of Rowan Atkinson, but this movie isn't good at all. In truth, it is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I don't advise you to waste your time with this film. Watch something else!

• Jul 30, 2019

Atkinson is what makes this film watchable.

Atkinson is what makes this film watchable.