Jonah Hex - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jonah Hex Reviews

½ October 9, 2016
BBBBBBB flick western of the spaghetti type ,good for rental or movie Channel
Not as bad as everyone say but not great
September 23, 2016
Thank god Josh Brolin is a good actor again after agreeing to play Thanos.
½ September 17, 2016
Jonah hex is a great comic character and this film was the very first adaption of him. The narrative and dialogue is pretty bad and could've been tweeked majorly. This is in no way a brilliant comic book adaption film however it had its moments that kept me watching it. Josh brolin's performance is the best thing about this film and he really tries hard of the rest of the cast dont. The storyline is basic and about jonah hex avenging his wife and sons murder. This film wasn't bad although so much more could've been done with it.
August 22, 2016
If you wanna see it bc Megan Fox is sexy then it's the movie for you.
August 17, 2016
I would opt for a fun B movie like this should suggest but man is this film just cluttered with messy visuals, non-sensical story archs and unnecessary plot points. On top of it all, it just thinks it's really cool in the most obnoxious way. Truly a disaster.
½ July 3, 2016
100618: I own, and I've read, every issue of Jonah Hex since the premier of his own self-titled comic back in the 70s. This movie came out at an odd time in my life and perhaps that timing affected my opinion. I really like how Brolin portrayed Hex, in his mannerisms and speech. I found the make up well done and he appeared as I would expect Hex to appear. I anticipated the scar to look stupid and not consistent with the comics but no, it was right on. It's been awhile since Hex had so much...paranormal ability (Vertigo) and in a way I found that aspect of him fun. His ability to speak to the dead added a bit more to a character I've always embraced...but, this film did not suck me in the way I had hoped. I'm always desperate for Westerns and I thought Jonah Hex would be a sure fire winner. It was not. I walk out kind of ho hum. It's got lots of action. Neat characters. Neat weapons. It's a Western. How could it be wrong? Perhaps it was the timing after all. I'm going to have to see it again but I don't think it will be in the theatres long. I hope the DVD has a lot of extras. Oh yeah, Lilah should've been scarred up. Beautiful, but scarred up.
June 6, 2016
I didn't wait long enough, apparently, to finally see this movie. The cast is very strong, but the story is weak. The directing is almost as weak. Too bad too as this was a wasted opportunity. Hex is a very strong, very interesting character. Like Marvel's Ghost Rider, I'm not sure why studios chose weak approaches to these kinds of characters. There is almost no development of anyone in this film. The short origin explanation at the beginning is all the audience gets, presumably because the rest of the story is just too strong to bog it down with character development. Sigh.
½ May 17, 2016
It was fun to watch even if it was not a "great movie"... =)
½ April 18, 2016
Eh.. what should I say this film was.. A bit enjoyable in a guilty pleasure type of way. Not so much as a well done but it's something I suppose.
½ April 17, 2016
It's not a great movie at all and yet I thought it was bottom line cool as far as Josh Brolin's performance goes. I was entertained and enjoyed it despite it's flaws.
½ April 14, 2016
I've seen better DC movies than this.
April 9, 2016
This is not very good. It's slow a silly and just doesn't work. However, kudos to the hair and makeup departments for doing a fairly decent job.
April 8, 2016
A contemporary terrorist plot with a historic setting - the fusion doesn't quite work.
½ March 26, 2016
Nothing special on screen here, Some ok action scenes but that's it, Same old story, Very short but it started to drag in parts, Very predictable and just a plain lazy excuse of a film, I can see why it bombed at the box office.
December 13, 2015
I'm wondering why they made a movie in this character, the plot made no sense, and the casting was garbage. the only good thing was the effects.
October 28, 2015
Ha! Megan Fox still wanted to be taken seriously! Sorry sweetheart, but you're wasting my time! Josh Brolin looks cool, but, I think I'll pass on this one dude!
August 24, 2015
this movie right here was kick ass I loved it
August 16, 2015
A good premise with horrible execution. The acting was mediocre, yet not horrid and it had a good amount of action, but not enough character. It isn't the worst Comic book movie, but it is very far from the best. It was filled with too many cliches and tried to hard to shove Megan Fox's sexy behind down our throats to be truly enjoyable and filled with good content. Everything about the film is mediocre and irrelevant for the average movie goer to make it worth their while. I only saw it because I have seen every comic book movie ever made and this falls in that genre.
August 6, 2015
A fun and great superhero movie. sure it is very short but it is entertaining to watch
May 30, 2015