Juanita Reviews

• May 06, 2019

Juanita can say one thing: It gets a huge boost from the talents of Alfre Woodard. She can act in anything. The movie is decent to a point, but it is uneven in its script and I found myself losing interest after a while.

• May 05, 2019

Despite it's many flaws, I LOVE this movie! Alfre Woodard was pure, sweet, solid gold. I love how she gives her all, despite some of the trite plot devices. Really, I wish I had this movie was in my life when I was 16, I would have watched it obsessively, studying Juanitas spiritual awakening. And there's even a musical number!

• Apr 24, 2019

LOVED this film. I'm impressed with the light-hearted, sweet, real take on an independent woman's journey through life. Inspiring and absolutely adorable story and fun story-telling (with some deep themes but I like that it was simple) and love Alfre. This is my happy place movie to turn on when I need cheering up.

• Apr 18, 2019

A beautiful story about a woman who wants to change her life that rings true. We share in Juanita's intercultural adventure.

• Apr 09, 2019

Alfre Woodard was amazing in this role. Sometimes you have to stop living for everyone else and take some time to be SELF-ish!

• Apr 08, 2019

I really like Alfre Woodard, not in this film. It was cliche`,uncomfortably predictable and just not interesting to watch.

• Apr 06, 2019

It was cute i liked it

It was cute i liked it

• Apr 05, 2019

A smart, funny and authentic story of a middle-aged African-American who rediscovers life in an unexpected way. Alfre Woodard is brilliant - as always - and the supporting cast is great.

• Mar 29, 2019

Starts off strong with an interesting premise and some quirky comedy, then theres a tone shift about 30mins in and the film never recovers. At least the shift from comedy to drama between acts doesn't shift again into a cliche romance at the end. There was certainly hints that they were going there.

• Mar 26, 2019

Thoroughly enjoyed this movie and wanted to trade places with Juanita when she arrived at Paper Moon. It was lovely to see Elaine Miles again after her stint on Northern Exposure. She acts not acting so well. Finally, anything with fellow Canadian Adam Beach is a thumbs up from me.