Jurassic Park III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jurassic Park III Reviews

January 7, 2019
Many consider JP3 a failure of epic proportions but it isn't as bad as everyone says. The plot is simple- People get chased and chomped down by Dinosaurs and the film takes no time to get to this. Jurassic Park III lacks a legitimate climax - it sort of ends with a big, deus ex machina bang. This is in keeping with the film's overall poor structure. It doesn't have much of a beginning, a middle, or an ending - causing me to wonder if there was a finished script before filming started (according to comments made by two of the actors, there wasn't). The movie vainly attempts to replicate the human relationships of the first two movies: a low-key romance between two adults and a adult/child bonding but none are successful but then characters have never been a strong suit of this series. The Dino action is decent but we have already seen all of this. Still, if you like Dinosaurs I suggest this movie. (Decent Dino film).
December 22, 2018
The movie was so obiously created for cash grabbing; with little effort given.
December 19, 2018
Relatively speaking, Jurassic Park III is a disappointment of behemoth proportions. With Steven Spielberg gone from the director's chair (replaced by Jumanji's Joe Johnston), the Jurassic Park saga has sunk down to its B-grade monster movie roots. The concept of a human character has been replaced by a cardboard cut-out, each of which serves one of two purposes: to run away from the dinosaurs or to be eaten by them. It was probably foolish to hope for something new or original to surface during the course of Jurassic Park III - after all, the formula has long been established for this sort of movie - but it shouldn't have been too much to expect a little excitement. Having said all of this I still think this is a nice movie, especially for kids. Come to think of it who doesn't like dinosaurs? They are like fairy tales- take us away from the tragedies of the real world.
½ November 21, 2018
(71/100)
Not perfect, not extremely bad. Jurassic Park is a good but mediocre feeling movie. It was ok, nothing more nothing less.
½ November 13, 2018
Everyone seems to hate this film but it really isn't that bad. Sure, nothing compares to Steven Spielberg's classic but look at it from the filmmaker's perspective: You know this film is about dinosaurs chasing people, most of the cast is returning meaning they don't need to chart the backstory or waste time with character development. And this is what JP3 is- a taunt 90 odd minute thrill ride. The Dinos look great, the lush locations always impress and the pacing of the film is so good you'd be hard pressed to find where the time went. This is a good film and if you like the JP series or just love Dinosaurs you should watch Jurassic Park 3.
November 7, 2018
Contrare to most audience opinion, Jurassic Park 3 in my eyes is a great film. Not as good as the first two, but it still a great stand alone film.
½ October 30, 2018
While the dialogue and pacing have certainly recovered (a bit) from the previous movie, this one's plot just feels like an insignificant serial-of-the-week without a real ending.
½ October 29, 2018
Jurassic Park III has a few problems including some CGI close-ups of dinosaurs that don't hold up completely, some animatronics (mainly the Spinosaurus) that don't look that good, and a pretty cheap cop-out for one of the characters at the end of this movie, but this is still a fun thrill that includes one of the coolest dinosaurs to have ever existed (Spinosaurus).

7/10
½ October 20, 2018
"Jurassic Park III" has even less magic in it that "Lost World."
October 19, 2018
Visually brilliant with great Direction but a non existent script story and concept with weak performance's and little intrigue
½ October 3, 2018
Proof that the same story over and over won't work... Throw in a terrible cast and you have one terrible movie.
½ September 25, 2018
Why the severe disdain for this film? Is it as good as the Spielberg films? No, but it doesn't try to be. Also- look at it from the filmmaker's perspective: You know this film is about dinosaurs chasing people, most of the cast is returning meaning they don't need to chart the backstory or waste time with character development. And this is what JP3 is- a taunt 90 odd minute thrill ride. The Dinos look great, the lush locations always impress and the pacing of the film is so good you'd be hard pressed to find where the time went. This is a good film and if you like the JP series or just love Dinosaurs you should watch Jurassic Park 3. (A film that deserves better- give it a shot with open mind).
September 24, 2018
If you liked Jurassic Park but you hate this movie, you must have brain damage. I should know, when I had a lot of brain damage beaten into me in school, I thought this was a bad movie but then I recovered. Jurassic Park III's score is way too low. Full stars from me. And to the production team, I apologize on behalf of the idiocracy.
½ September 21, 2018
Poor quality cash grab.
½ September 19, 2018
It's usually said that third is a worst in a trilogy. Jurassic Park III manages (amazingly) to prove that statement true even when being proceded by the lost world.
September 17, 2018
STOP DICKEATING YOUNG BUHL
September 13, 2018
This is my favorite mvie! Cant understand why people didn't like it that much, sure it isnt as creative as the others, but it is still a fun movie to watch and i would really recommend it!
½ September 13, 2018
My 2nd favourite Jurassic film in the franchise, I know people think it is the worst film in the franchise, but I liked the story and the change of T-Rex to Spineosaurs.
½ September 10, 2018
A sequel that is ultimately nothing more than a huge middle finger to fans of the franchise, Jurassic Park III's only redeeming qualities are the return of Alan Grant and Stan Winston's top tier VFX.
½ September 7, 2018