Jurassic Park III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jurassic Park III Reviews

January 19, 2017
Sam Neill comes back! And not for the better! Actually, the film does provide the dino-scares you could want, so this was an enjoyable thing.

Rewatch notes: I'm thinking I enjoyed it this time about more. Lots of fun dangerous Dino situations. Plus in this film, William H. Macy and Tia Leone are husband and wife. WTH.
January 10, 2017
As much hate as this film gets I enjoyed it with some new faces and some old a different plot and some really crazy moments while it has its flaws I still enjoyed it
January 4, 2017
A way to reinvent increasingly bad dinosaurs in a stale and overused formula
January 2, 2017
This film is laughable, boring characters, bad lines, and lazy special effects. The script and storyboards were finished halfway into filming! Jurassic Park and The Lost World are superior in every way.
January 2, 2017
Definitely a HORRIBLE sequel. I don't know which is worse... The plot or extremely annoying characters. This is why I only watch the first two Jurassic Park movies and Jurassic World.
December 26, 2016
The weakest Jurassic Park movie to date, Jurassic Park III's stunning visuals, darker tone, great action and amazingly crafted dinosaurs can't excuse how it pales in comparison to its predecessors especially since Steven Spielberg has Joe Johnston take over the director's chair. Sounds like it might be an average film at best, right? Well, it isn't remarkably awful, that's for sure. However, its relatively uninteresting story and the fact that it doesn't offer anything new makes this a bit of a letdown.
December 26, 2016
A lot of this is pretty ridiculous, even for a saga about dinosaur theme parks. But if you've willingly walked into this you'll get enough dinosaur-vs-human action sequences that you probably won't care.
½ December 21, 2016
Come on, man. How do you mess it up that bad?
December 3, 2016
They should have stopped at the original. Though it was interesting to see the intelligence of the dinosaurs compared to the humans.
November 14, 2016
It's an okay film, but the story was short and boring and the characters were so boring and annoying.
½ October 26, 2016
Visual effects are awesome....
October 26, 2016
The weakest of the franchise, but still fantastic and a brilliant popcorn movie...with Dinosaurs!
October 14, 2016
They KIlled the mother F**cking TREX
October 9, 2016
With a film like Jurassic Park, it's difficult to reinvent the wheel. But what we have here is a tight little adventure for your money's worth. With a running time of 92 minutes, it doesn't over-stay its welcome. It's fun, thrilling, and the only movie of the three sequels that recaptures the magic of the original. New dinosaurs take the spotlight and we've got a lot of great action set-pieces in this film. The sequence in the Aviary is quite effective. It's a great popcorn movie! Give it a chance!
September 16, 2016
Jurassic Park III(2001)
Starring: Sam Neil, William H. Macy, Téa Leoni, Alessandro Nivola, Trevor Morgan, Michael Jeter, John Diehl, Bruce A. Young, Laura Dern, Taylor Nichols, Mark Harelik, Julio Oscar Mechoso, and Sarah Danielle Madison
Directed By: Joe Johnston
Review
This time, it's not just a walk in the park!
You know a lot of Jurassic Park fans hate this entire in the series for many reasons and most I do understand but heres the thing, the second film is much worse and I actually like this one.
In need of funds for research, Dr. Alan Grant accepts a large sum of money to accompany Paul and Amanda Kirby on an aerial tour of the infamous Isla Sorna. It isn't long before all hell breaks loose and the stranded wayfarers must fight for survival as a host of new -- and even more deadly -- dinosaurs try to make snacks of them.
The movie was trying to be a serviceable fun sequel that was more traditional the book titled The Lost World unlike the last film. It had the raptors being able to communicate with each other, the parachute scene so as to why people say this worst then the second is very insulting.
The story is not Oscar worth, its not complex one either it's just a fun rescue mission. That's good it's plain and simple and makes for a fun film. The performances now, that's the bad part I mean most of the cast do fine I just didn't like the guy who played Billy( the guy in the parachute in the end I think that's what his name was) and the mother, she was really annoying. Joe Johnston has actually given me four movies I fairly enjoy and one that I love(Captain America: The First Avenger) the other films Honey I shrunk The Kids, Jumanji, and I do really like The Wolfman remake with Anthony Hopkins I think it's a very good and fun remake. He does a good job here as well.
Considering how much people hate this film I guess I'll say I hate myself for liking this movie and so I'm giving Jurassic Park III a three out of five.
September 13, 2016
No third book? No problem, dinosaurs are still fun to watch. Brining Sam Neill back and having him guide a group of parents looking for their lost son works well enough. These movies have always been about the thrills more than the characters. The Lost World fought that and pandered too strongly to children, but this movie finds a reasonable balance. Early in the movie Dr. Grant from the first film remerges and needing money to continue his research. A newlywed couple wanting a guided air tour of the island bribes him into returning to the place that still gives him nightmares. The unimpressive story just serves as a lose framework to get people back onto the island of dinosaurs. The couple played by William H Macy and Tia Leoni feel forced. They are both good actors, but most of the time they just to run and scream. The special effects improve once again. Computer graphics made an enormous leap since the second movie, and it shows here. The motions of the animals are smooth and more bird-like, reflecting the evolving theories of the extinct animals. This movie features exciting airborne dinosaurs that are the best part of the movie. It introduces the Spinosaurus, which was an even larger predatorily dinosaur with more teeth than the Tyrannosaurus Rex. I wish more informative tidbits wove into the dialogue like the first movie, but these new creatures emerge without much time for explanation. Having the paleontology leader of the group sprinkle in more theories and information along the way makes the creatures more impressive. At least they do this some with Dr. Grant's fascination of how Raptors might have communicated with each other, but I want more of this. It is enjoyable entertainment, despite its lack of depth.
September 8, 2016
Nice film. Inventive, and well acted. Good one to see.
September 4, 2016
Jurassic Park III still manages to be pretty suspenseful with a much darker tone than the previous ones. However, it is still more of the same and nothing new.
September 2, 2016
By now you'd think they would have surrounded the islands with maximum security. But nope. They need one more movie!
This movie was...okay. There was an even amount of positive and negative.
Right off the bat, the raptors being showcased is the best part of this movie. Also the dino battles. And the ending is thought-provoking, but also chilling.
As far as negatives, this movie is a nice o pot of cliches. And the cellphone Spinosaurus scene...I cringed. It was improbable and impractical.
By far though, the worst part was the rescue scene. They were saved by an enormous group that was ready to fight...and no fight happened. Very disappointing.
Overall though, this movie was good, but I wouldn't recommend it. Use your spare time and re-watch the first Jurassic Park.