Jurassic Park III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jurassic Park III Reviews

March 20, 2017
Terrible sequel. How the hell does a boy manage to stay alive on an island with larger, more intelligent and more powerful dinosaurs for nearing three months, when a group of guys with really big guns can't survive five minutes!?
March 15, 2017
This is the third Jurassic Park movie. It brings many new good things, but some new things that aren't so good. The movie's plot is much better than the second movie and makes much more sense too. The special CG effects have gotten much better since the first movie, but some of the effects that aren't CG, don't turn out so well like the spinosaurus attack in the beginning. Just like the second movie, this movie is also full of eye candy. The movie is also much darker than the first two which makes it a little more scary and entertaining but at the same time, there are just some bad things that bring the movie down. One bad thing is that there are too many things that don't make sense at all and some parts are just so boring. The movie's suspense isn't very good like the first two which can ruin the scary parts. Also unlike the second movie, I didn't see too much potential in it and just thought it would end up like this. Overall, this is just a decent sequel that I didn't expect much from and got what I expected, it's really just full of eye candy but that's what keeps the movie up a little bit from being kinda bad. C+
March 12, 2017
Suddenly the dinosaurs died their skin and act a bit quirkier; can anyone say inconsistent?
½ March 8, 2017
though it's a short film (For A Jurassic Park Film) and the characters are weak "Jurassic Park 3" is darker and gives some nostalgia back to the franchise after a 4 year break.
March 7, 2017
I loved the Spinosaurus!
February 23, 2017
"The only redeeming quality from this flick is that Sam Neil is awesome."
February 12, 2017
Loved the third take on Dinosaurs. Many more scenes of attacks from the dinosaurs. two new predators not seen in the previous two films. Emotionally a very satisfying film.
½ February 10, 2017
It may lack the magic of the original and the scale of the Lost World but theres barely a dull moment. Despite the silly plot, some annoying characters and lame finale it's still a fun rollercoaster of thrills that makes it far more entertaining than the previous movie.
½ February 3, 2017
Didn't like it in 2001 and I'm not really a fan today, either.
½ January 26, 2017
The worst of the Jurassic Park series, a bland forgettable, and an annoying mess that just makes you wish that you were watching the original!
January 19, 2017
Sam Neill comes back! And not for the better! Actually, the film does provide the dino-scares you could want, so this was an enjoyable thing.

Rewatch notes: I'm thinking I enjoyed it this time about more. Lots of fun dangerous Dino situations. Plus in this film, William H. Macy and Tia Leone are husband and wife. WTH.
January 10, 2017
As much hate as this film gets I enjoyed it with some new faces and some old a different plot and some really crazy moments while it has its flaws I still enjoyed it
January 4, 2017
A way to reinvent increasingly bad dinosaurs in a stale and overused formula
January 2, 2017
This film is laughable, boring characters, bad lines, and lazy special effects. The script and storyboards were finished halfway into filming! Jurassic Park and The Lost World are superior in every way.
January 2, 2017
Definitely a HORRIBLE sequel. I don't know which is worse... The plot or extremely annoying characters. This is why I only watch the first two Jurassic Park movies and Jurassic World.
December 26, 2016
The weakest Jurassic Park movie to date, Jurassic Park III's stunning visuals, darker tone, great action and amazingly crafted dinosaurs can't excuse how it pales in comparison to its predecessors especially since Steven Spielberg has Joe Johnston take over the director's chair. Sounds like it might be an average film at best, right? Well, it isn't remarkably awful, that's for sure. However, its relatively uninteresting story and the fact that it doesn't offer anything new makes this a bit of a letdown.
December 26, 2016
A lot of this is pretty ridiculous, even for a saga about dinosaur theme parks. But if you've willingly walked into this you'll get enough dinosaur-vs-human action sequences that you probably won't care.
½ December 21, 2016
Come on, man. How do you mess it up that bad?
December 3, 2016
They should have stopped at the original. Though it was interesting to see the intelligence of the dinosaurs compared to the humans.
November 14, 2016
It's an okay film, but the story was short and boring and the characters were so boring and annoying.