Jurassic Park III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jurassic Park III Reviews

½ October 26, 2016
Visual effects are awesome....
October 26, 2016
The weakest of the franchise, but still fantastic and a brilliant popcorn movie...with Dinosaurs!
October 14, 2016
They KIlled the mother F**cking TREX
October 9, 2016
With a film like Jurassic Park, it's difficult to reinvent the wheel. But what we have here is a tight little adventure for your money's worth. With a running time of 92 minutes, it doesn't over-stay its welcome. It's fun, thrilling, and the only movie of the three sequels that recaptures the magic of the original. New dinosaurs take the spotlight and we've got a lot of great action set-pieces in this film. The sequence in the Aviary is quite effective. It's a great popcorn movie! Give it a chance!
September 16, 2016
Jurassic Park III(2001)
Starring: Sam Neil, William H. Macy, Ta Leoni, Alessandro Nivola, Trevor Morgan, Michael Jeter, John Diehl, Bruce A. Young, Laura Dern, Taylor Nichols, Mark Harelik, Julio Oscar Mechoso, and Sarah Danielle Madison
Directed By: Joe Johnston
This time, it's not just a walk in the park!
You know a lot of Jurassic Park fans hate this entire in the series for many reasons and most I do understand but heres the thing, the second film is much worse and I actually like this one.
In need of funds for research, Dr. Alan Grant accepts a large sum of money to accompany Paul and Amanda Kirby on an aerial tour of the infamous Isla Sorna. It isn't long before all hell breaks loose and the stranded wayfarers must fight for survival as a host of new -- and even more deadly -- dinosaurs try to make snacks of them.
The movie was trying to be a serviceable fun sequel that was more traditional the book titled The Lost World unlike the last film. It had the raptors being able to communicate with each other, the parachute scene so as to why people say this worst then the second is very insulting.
The story is not Oscar worth, its not complex one either it's just a fun rescue mission. That's good it's plain and simple and makes for a fun film. The performances now, that's the bad part I mean most of the cast do fine I just didn't like the guy who played Billy( the guy in the parachute in the end I think that's what his name was) and the mother, she was really annoying. Joe Johnston has actually given me four movies I fairly enjoy and one that I love(Captain America: The First Avenger) the other films Honey I shrunk The Kids, Jumanji, and I do really like The Wolfman remake with Anthony Hopkins I think it's a very good and fun remake. He does a good job here as well.
Considering how much people hate this film I guess I'll say I hate myself for liking this movie and so I'm giving Jurassic Park III a three out of five.
September 13, 2016
No third book? No problem, dinosaurs are still fun to watch. Brining Sam Neill back and having him guide a group of parents looking for their lost son works well enough. These movies have always been about the thrills more than the characters. The Lost World fought that and pandered too strongly to children, but this movie finds a reasonable balance. Early in the movie Dr. Grant from the first film remerges and needing money to continue his research. A newlywed couple wanting a guided air tour of the island bribes him into returning to the place that still gives him nightmares. The unimpressive story just serves as a lose framework to get people back onto the island of dinosaurs. The couple played by William H Macy and Tia Leoni feel forced. They are both good actors, but most of the time they just to run and scream. The special effects improve once again. Computer graphics made an enormous leap since the second movie, and it shows here. The motions of the animals are smooth and more bird-like, reflecting the evolving theories of the extinct animals. This movie features exciting airborne dinosaurs that are the best part of the movie. It introduces the Spinosaurus, which was an even larger predatorily dinosaur with more teeth than the Tyrannosaurus Rex. I wish more informative tidbits wove into the dialogue like the first movie, but these new creatures emerge without much time for explanation. Having the paleontology leader of the group sprinkle in more theories and information along the way makes the creatures more impressive. At least they do this some with Dr. Grant's fascination of how Raptors might have communicated with each other, but I want more of this. It is enjoyable entertainment, despite its lack of depth.
September 8, 2016
Nice film. Inventive, and well acted. Good one to see.
September 4, 2016
Jurassic Park III still manages to be pretty suspenseful with a much darker tone than the previous ones. However, it is still more of the same and nothing new.
September 2, 2016
By now you'd think they would have surrounded the islands with maximum security. But nope. They need one more movie!
This movie was...okay. There was an even amount of positive and negative.
Right off the bat, the raptors being showcased is the best part of this movie. Also the dino battles. And the ending is thought-provoking, but also chilling.
As far as negatives, this movie is a nice o pot of cliches. And the cellphone Spinosaurus scene...I cringed. It was improbable and impractical.
By far though, the worst part was the rescue scene. They were saved by an enormous group that was ready to fight...and no fight happened. Very disappointing.
Overall though, this movie was good, but I wouldn't recommend it. Use your spare time and re-watch the first Jurassic Park.
August 29, 2016
The weak link in the "Jurassic Park" series. There are one or two fantastic scenes and it's great to see Sam Neill back as the grumpy Alan Grant, but that's not enough to save the film from mediocrity with some truly implausible plot points and one of the most annoying characters ever. And the ending is so terribly rushed that it's almost as if the filmmakers decided to just call it quits and wrap it all up as quickly as possible. It's a shame.
August 28, 2016
"Jurassic Park III" begins as a mission to find a young boy that is stranded on an island with active dinosaurs lurking about, however, it quickly turns into the fight-or-flight adventure film we have seen in the previous two movies. The acting is no improvement, but at least the action is fast-paced and frequent as the dinosaurs have become much smarter and remain amusingly hungry for the boring characters that Steven Spielberg gave up on.
½ August 26, 2016
Really gone downhill since original Jurassic park
½ August 19, 2016
By far the most disappointing film I have ever seen.
½ August 16, 2016
it a movie you will enjoyed but has some bad stuff in it at least it better that part two
August 14, 2016
The effects get less impressive with each sequel. The story here is on the moronic side. A couple of paragliders looking for a thrill travel too close to the remaining island of dinos. Disaster strikes and the parents of one of the lost "hires" Dr. Grant to give them an "air tour" of the island in hopes of finding the boy. Mayhem ensues. Seemed to be less dino interaction than previous efforts as well. Kinda humdrum.
August 14, 2016
Jurassic Park III decimated the legacy of Spielberg's 1993 masterpiece. They are on an island of carnivores who's eyesight is based off movement and sound, and Te Leoni's annoying character is using a megaphone. This movie is awful.
August 9, 2016
Like other ala-throwback movies, I can't remember much from this so I really enjoy seeing it again on TV.

Ta Leoni was hot back then. Trevor Morgan has grown since then.
½ August 7, 2016
Worst Film of the Jurassic Park series, Sam Neill is good in this movie but everything else sucks.
½ July 30, 2016