Kelly's Heroes Reviews

• Dec 27, 2020

A really good Clint Eastwood war film that has aged incredibly well for 50 years.

• Dec 07, 2020

What a great movie, this one has every kind of criminal action you can do until it leads to a big church full of gold!

• Oct 29, 2020

one of the greatest movies every saw my father took me to see this when younger the actors Donald Sutherland, Clint Eastwood, Carroll O'Connor, Telly Savalas, and the music from the choir the best scene is when Clint Donald & Telly got out and meet the german tank best funny I ever seen. To bad they dont make movies like this anymore

• Oct 17, 2020

I'm with GordonU, it's gonzo movie making before the term was even coined. I saw this in ‘72 ( with my super cool, older cousin who took me in to the cinema as my parent 😎 ) and it , literally , blew me away. In my later years, I was almost convinced it was a follow up to The Dirty Dozen ? The theme tune raises a smile to this day. Many films have tried and failed to match it, but Three Kings came close. Furthermore ( for the youngsters out there ) , cast your mind back to Pulp Fiction, when Vincent Vega opens the briefcase....it's the bank scene in Kelly's Heroes !

• Sep 25, 2020

It's a free country and people are entitled to their own views. You can like a movie, or not like a movie. That's because everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. Unless, of course, it's Kelly's Heroes. I mean, just what kind a person doesn't like Kelly's Heroes? This movie is a subversive, yet entertaining take on WWII-genre movies against the backdrop of a war that "polled" much lower than WWII. People who can't see further than 77mm in front of their nose think it's a WWII movie. But is it? Watch it again and pretend you're in 1970 and realize what was happening in the world at the time.

• Sep 14, 2020

I loved this movie as a wee lad in The D, when it was shown on the 4 o'clock movie. And, after seeing it recently, have found it's still amazing and hasn't aged much.

• Aug 02, 2020

Nice to see a good cast however good or bad the film is, just like saving private Ryan they set out on a task to do something different during the war, the only one that fits the bill is telly savalas as he looks like he was a real seargent and draughted him into the film and for me he steals the show along with oddball, war is a serious matter so if you like a bit of fun and don't take things too seriously it's great viewing

• Brendan O Super Reviewer
    Jul 28, 2020

Kelly's Heroes is a strange blend and I struggled to enjoy it on my first viewing all those years ago. The film has grown on me and it's now one of my favourite films. The wide cast and the blend of genres is inventive. The scope of the film is incredible. I don't believe I've ever seen a heist film that looked so epic. That final confrontation is unforgettable tense. I think my dislike earlier was the expectation of Clint Eastwood being in a hard edged military film. This is a mix of light hearted characters in the midst of a fight for their lives. This only gets better with each new viewing and I cannot recommend this any more. A must-see. 25/07/2020

• Jun 25, 2020

This movie has a star studded cast But it's far too long for its own good The war scenes are very exciting to watch though...so many explosions!

• May 07, 2020

this movie has awesome cast it reminds me of Ocean's 11 but during World War II.