Killer Joe Reviews

• Mar 03, 2020

Wtf, this film is off the rails. It gets crazier and crazier as it goes, culminating into pure madness in the end. Watcher beware, as it is definitely R rated for a reason

• Feb 22, 2020

Super engaging thriller! But does she pull the trigger in the end?!?

Super engaging thriller! But does she pull the trigger in the end?!?

• Jan 22, 2020

Just found this gem of a movie tonight and it's thoroughly entertaining from beginning to end. Great cast, great acting and great script which creates a believable and highly humorous tale concerning degeneracy and lowest of the low in society.

• Nov 16, 2019

It is a series of contrived, eye-rolly, often gratuitous, puzzle pieces - but watchable in an absurd way - I would probably be sitting at a rating of 4.9 for the first 99% of the movie. But then it has the most brutally sucky no-ending ending. Unforgivable. 3.4 out of 10.

• Oct 21, 2019

Chicken-fried thriller serves up a Cracker Barrel-like buffet of some of the worst characters & upsetting situations I’ve ever seen in a movie; though completely abhorrent, like a grisly car crash, I found it difficult to look away.

• Jul 31, 2019

Good storytelling and good acting make this one worth checking out. The whole film is like a roller coaster and you sometimes think you know the way it will end but you really don't.

• Jul 15, 2019

3.25* I would've liked it more had the ending been different. I loved all the chaos but didn't like how Joe ended up on top. It's a unique story that's entertaining from beginning to end. The acting is really really good... Emile Hirsch, as usual, kills it.

• May 23, 2019

I liked it. Twisted it is. But also entertaining.

I liked it. Twisted it is. But also entertaining.

• May 22, 2019

Probably the worst ending to any movie ever...

Probably the worst ending to any movie ever...

• Oct 13, 2018

This is a very bizarre movie, I'll put it that way. It's incredible how the director of The Exorcist (1973), one of the best horror movies of all time, would direct such an insane and darkly comic movie. But overall it's actually enjoyable, it's got its funny moments, even though it may be some of the worst shit you could ever laugh about, and the screenplay is well written and well paced, although maybe too slow-burning for some. And Matthew McConaughey is great as Killer Joe. This film is a great representation, but also mockery on Southern Goth and redneck lifestyle, and if you're looking for your typical hitman flick this isn't the one, it's exceptionally different, but it works. Recommended !!