The Kite Runner Reviews

• Feb 24, 2020

Фильм взял почти всё из книги, за исключением некоторых моментов. Явно не хватает бюджета. Но он очень интересный и драматичный, хотя тем кто не читал возможно не понравится. Актёрская игра средняя. Драка в конце фильме снята ужасно.

• Dec 23, 2019

Like most people, I loved the book. My ultimate issues with the movie were that the couple of absolutely horrific, nauseating scenes were toned down too much. The final showdown lacked any of the tension of the novel and seemed more like a blip to get to the ending.

• Oct 24, 2019

(Quick review) The Kite Runner is a 2007 drama, based on the 2003 novel of the same name written by Khaled Hosseini. The film was directed by Marc Forster and stars Zekeria Ebrahimi as Young Amir and Khalid Abdalla as Amir. An intriguing, and at times disturbing film that will keep you engaged throughout; the only problems that I really had with the film were to do with character choices and structural issues. Overall I give it a 6/10 - good film, would recommend

• Jan 16, 2019

I found this movie to be so good on so many levels. Very touching and genuine.

I found this movie to be so good on so many levels. Very touching and genuine.

• Dec 21, 2018

A powerful story from an uncommon vantage point with a key cast and strong visuals, this manages to shock and inspire despite some writing derivatives.

• Jun 12, 2018

The Kite runner, directed by Marc Foster is excellently executed. This film follows the journey of protagonist, Amir. The writer of the book was great at using symbols in the beginning of the film, which showed large significance to the later events of the film. Director Marc Foster did very well portraying these symbols in the 2 hours he had to tell such a great tale. Foster used camera angles such as the birds eye view, with focus to the kite in the sky, to indicate significance of the kite. He also uses the eye level shot, so the audience feels like they are witnessing this scene as it plays out. Overall, The Kite Runner was a very enjoyable film study, and I strongly recommend watching it.

• Dec 25, 2017

Cried reading the book, Cringed watching the movie. I'm not one of those people who, having read the book prior to a movie adaptation, does not try to judge & experience a movie on it's own merit. I even found quite a few movies equal to or dare I say, better, than their source material. When it comes to the Kite Runner, however, I'm very saddened to say that it falls far far away from the book or even it's "Heart & Soul". The film does not encourage you to build or foster a relationship with Amir or Hassan... it starts off well enough but then, very much like the Concords that have been grounded in france, it zooms right past all the necessary character development and history that follows. Without which, it's nearly impossible to care for any of the characters. You simply focus on the atrocities, cruelties, and the injustices that occur. Some of the visuals are appealing. The film does not take enough time to render the city fully, which I believe is also a character in the book. Everything seems forced, the acting, the scenes... it all seems stitched together in a rushed Frankenstein manner... I truly wanted to like the film, but just like the many losing kites in it, as soon as it takes flight the cord is cut and it falls to an untimely death. I truly hope another adaptation or take on the book will be attempted. Heck, even if it means it'll have to be turned into a trilogy or a min-series I'll watch it!

• Mar 03, 2017

The movie did not render the most important parts of the story. Everything happened way to fast.

• Dec 24, 2016

This is one for the library, highly recommend it. A story about a storyteller well told.

• Oct 23, 2016

When we wish to remain high, but we are cut down. When life we remain has its ups and downs, when you are constantly ravished with disappointments and victories. When we seem to come from higher places, we are naturally down on past events that our own fault. When life here is down, but we pick each other up. When we put others down when their presence from the past has brought disappointments to the people. When living in n the same country and having diversity of life, brings others up and some down. When we have to sometimes bring things down so other things could go up. When we have to show those whom we rejoice and love a reason to keep us up when we are friends. When we have to show those whom we hate a reason to stay down by holding them down and showing them a sign of enemies. When life here is too hard to live, when the country, living goes down, that we must leave. When we are naturally down, when we realize we are meant for down, and no use fighting. When we are down on others whom we have great shame for that we forgive and others we don't forgive. When nothing can shame us when we accept and live with being down and make the most of it. When we are not down when we are gifted. When others are naturally low down and dirty, we take a stand to such evil. When being down on our life we still give thanks to those whom are higher than us. When life couldn't get lower it does when we accept to escape evil. When being down we get strength from our prayer. When we know life at its greatest to know we are far from it that keeps us down. When we make the best of life when it's not that down as before, we enjoy the high moments. When what we do, we enjoy that makes us high. When others don't share such passions that put us down. When other things that puts us down and makes feel down we accept as part of life. When somethings naturally pick us up, when we share our passions together. When life has brought up so many ups and downs for us, that makes us good storytellers that we can't help but want to write some sad endings. When we naturally know some good and bad things must end to see it come down this way is not what we hoped for but accept when it's reality. When those whom we have seen high remain higher that make us down and lower. When we are down to being a servant for others whom we care about. When we don't mind going down on one knee and proposing to those whom we love. When our past that brings us down, we tell others to accept. We some moments we share when we are high when we found someone to share it with our life. When there is no reason to being down when we have the rest of our lives to live and share. When what keeps us down is a life we left behind for a new that we are unable to recover. When what brought us great gifts that soared us so high, we give thanks to by going down and praying. When we must go down to place where it all began, when we are called upon those whom need us, and want to see. When life has gone down when our country is no more, and taken from us that it's not longer recognizable. When forgetting has brought us up to move forward from our challenges. When returning, sad news and what we see brings us back down. When those whom are in desperate need to come up, start a new life we need to go down further to retrieve them. When they are our last family left that we need to bring ourselves up. When where we come says who we are, that make us look high up and know whom got us there. When those whom are down, know they are down when their belief keeps them there. When those whom are down, have no choice but to stay. When what brings us down is our own people and neighborhood perceptions in what they think of us. When what brings us down is ourselves in how we regard the sanctity of religion, human life and being good that we see ourselves unworthy of God, unworthy of a better life, unworthy of many things when we are unknowledged or unable to be like others. When we put ourselves down when others whom treat us less we accept, when they overpower us. When we are naturally down, when we have less than others. When we naturally pick those up whom others put down in whom they don't know. When we give a life for them to lift their head up and stop looking down. When whom we are because of our past, because of whom was in our past, doesn't mean we destined to be down like them. When fitting into a different world doesn't come easy to others as for some, when we go through this life unknowing, we accept being down. Visuals-5 Directing-5 Music-4.5 Screenplay-5 Acting-4.5 Level of Interest-5 Complexity-5 Timing-5 Twist & Turns-5 Message-5 Historical Accuracy-5