Late Night Reviews

• Nov 04, 2020

Loved the female leads and strong performers. There was reality in the script and it was well performed. Lovely lovely movie. Tears and laughter. Ps Emma Thompson steals the show.

• Oct 29, 2020

Quite good, worth watching, has a few laugh out loud moments but, lacked depth in places.

• Sep 27, 2020

A little self-indulgent in that Mindy Kaling wrote it for herself.  Emma Thompson is one of my favorite actresses, but the characterization is uneven, perhaps a fault of the writing and/or director.  One minute cuttingly cruel, the next kind and caring.  No progressive character development, except, miraculously at the end which makes it feel like a Hallmark movie.  I could pretty much predict it at the onset.

• Sep 05, 2020

Not smart, not funny...my expectations were not high but I was still disappointed. Would you believe a Quality Control specialist at a chemical plant with virtually no experience or education would go apply for a comedy writer for a long running TV show? If so, you will probably enjoy this movie. I'm glad a film written by a woman got into production and I wish Mindy well. I just wish I hadn't seen this annoying story full of cardboard characters and unbelievable dialogue.

• Aug 01, 2020

This movie was an easy watch. I've seen comparisons made to the Devil Wears Prada and that is apt here but crossed with The Newsroom. For the most part it is somewhat predictable, but I enjoyed that Molly's romantic life wasn't the main focus. If you ever seen any of Kaling's comedy then you'll know the humour and I think it works well with Thompson's dry delivery. If you've got a Prime subscription then it's certainly worth a watch.

• Jul 22, 2020

La historia de la llegada a la cima y del derrumbe al suelo de una presentadora y su talk show. Entretenida y bien actuada.

• Jul 18, 2020

I love this movie and have seen it three times. It is laugh out loud funny. I enjoyed Mindy Kaling throughout and I can't think of anything else I have ever seen her in that I enjoyed as much. Even more impressive that she wrote this movie - I have such a profound respect for her. And Emma Thompson...she is such an incredible actress. This woman can play anything. The movie was well acted throughout, they found the right person for every role. It is smart and funny and entertaining/endearing - entearing.

• Jul 18, 2020

I love that it was a film about women by women. While relationships with men were certainly subplots, they're not the main focus of the story in any sense. It points out the depressing reality that white men still rule the professional world and it calls it on its bullshit.

• Jul 07, 2020

Katherine Newbury in the beginging might affect viewers opinion about this dramatic yet funny well-made movie but that is all a part of the big picture Mindy Kaling paints

• Jul 05, 2020

Funny, honest. Great writing. Great performances by Emma and Mindy.

Funny, honest. Great writing. Great performances by Emma and Mindy.