Léon: The Professional Reviews

• May 16, 2019

"Leon the professional" is a movie that I really loved. The film was written and directed by Luc Besson, produced by Patrice Ledoux. It's an english-language french action crime thriller film. It was released in 1994. The main characters are Leon played by Jean Reno and Mathilda played by Natalie Portman. The plot is set in New York's famous neighborhood Little Italy. Leon is the best hitman in NY. One day, his neighbors, a very troubled family gets killed by a corrupt cop and his team. The entire family is wiped out except for Mathilda. The 12 years old escapes from the massacre. Leon decides to save the little girl by taking her in and an unusual relationship is gonna grow between the characters as Mathilda asks him to teach her how to do his job. Natalie Portman was only 11 when she played Mathilda and the actress was already very talented. The roles are very well played. I remember a scene where Mathilda faced the bad guy. The movements were very slow as well as the talk. But what I loved the most was one of the close up on character's faces. The focus was downcast and fitted perfectly with the scene. The music is very well used to underline the suspens that the audience is feeling through the movie. In the film, Mathilda is dressed up like a 18 years old, her clothes are short and almost sexy which fits very good with her personality. The movie has a lot of things in common with Luc Besson's Nikita (1990) like Leon's glasses, the flowerpot... I never saw a film like that before, the story is impressive and unusual. I highly recommend it. You're gonna be astounded by Mathilda's personality and Leon's strengh.

• May 01, 2019

Wonderful film that achieves even greater heights when the great Gary Oldman is onscreen.

• Mar 03, 2019

this movie is AMAZING, ilove the emotions that it gives. i really recommend you watch it

• Mar 02, 2019

Even when i was young i absolutely loved this film

Even when i was young i absolutely loved this film

• Feb 25, 2019

Great klassic, well acted. I will Always remember the trick with the ring. Unlike Frodo, Leon keeps it!

• Feb 24, 2019

Not all that often does a film come along that make you really care about the characters. This one does, with a well constructed script and stunning photography. you really feel Matilda's pain.

• Feb 17, 2019

90 / 100 Okay ... I do not really know what to start with ... Amongst the best opening scenes, I do not know why I like it so much. The actors are good especially Natalie Portman. I have never seen such quality acting in children. Jean Reno does a really good job. This role was perfect for him. Gary Oldman in this movie, reminds me of Heath Ledger from The Dark Knight. The acting is crazy, explosive. A villian that intimidates you. The film manages to have quality action without cuts all over, actors doing a very good job and emotional moments, "This is from Mathilda." What seemed strange to me was the idea of "relationship." Leon has 30-40 and Mathilda 10-15. That was strange. From Luc Besson I saw only Lucy who seemed good to me. A very good movie, among the best of the drama / thriller (which I have seen, of course).

• Feb 12, 2019

Jean Reno, comedy, action, drama. It's a masterpiece. Rating shows how out of touch professional (pun intended) critics are with the audience.

• Feb 08, 2019