Leprechaun Reviews

• 3d ago

Warwick Davis' performance as the titular leprechaun propels the diminutive killer to my list of favorite slasher villains, along with the likes of Jason, Freddy and Chucky. He's an absolute joy to watch in the role. We also get Jennifer Aniston looking particularly adorable in a blue sun dress. (I agree with the director who stated, in his Blu-Ray commentary track, that he should have kept her in that dress for the whole movie.) What really makes Leprechaun stand out is its rather schizophrenic tone. Oddly, there's a childlike "innocence" to the film, in spite of blood and guts galore. It bounces back and forth between an R.L. Stine style tale and a graphic slasher. It's a credit to writer/director Mark Davis that it actually works. Is it scary? Not really, no. But as a horror fan, I've seen enough monsters, ghouls, goblins, ghosts, etc. that I'm rarely frightened by them. Worrying about whether a horror movie scares me or not is like worrying about whether a drama film makes me cry. If a movie is good, I'm unconcerned with what specific emotions it elicits; so long as those emotions are positive; and I came away from Leprechaun with a big, satisfied smile on my face.

• 6d ago

What a film I have nothing bad to say about the first film

What a film I have nothing bad to say about the first film

• Jan 01, 2021

It was a pretty silly and fun movie literally. It was hilarious although absolutely terrible.

• Oct 24, 2020

This movie is inexplicable. In one of the most poorly shot, unfunniest, unscariest "horror" "comedies" ever, an insane & completely baffling group of characters (what is Ozzie? A child? Mentally disabled? Just weird?) are…terrorized, I guess?...by the embarrassingly derivative child of Freddy Krueger & Chucky. Sadly, that rip-off monster, with his decent make-up design & cheeky menace, may be the best part of this incomprehensible & frankly too-boring-to-be-so-bad-its-good franchise starter…8 FILMS????

• Oct 21, 2020

The first leprechaun movie isnt necessarily a horrible movie, but it is no where close to being anything good. The cast is horrible, it was Jennifer Aniston's first movie and holy fuck is she garbage in this. The rest of the cast is shit their acting is terrible. Warwick Davis as the leprechaun however is hilarious, he us freaky but not really scary or menacing. The plot and story are meh, the music is generic and the kills are practically the same and arent anything unique or different from other horror movies. This was a fun watch but it was painfully bad at the same time. For a horror movie you would expect a lot of kills, that doesnt happen you get three people getting killed (that's if you count the leprechaun). The movie is cheesy as hell but it's also funny because of how stupid and bad it is

• Oct 17, 2020

A Horror Masterpiece

A Horror Masterpiece

• Sep 06, 2020

Now before you judge me for the high review go into this movie thinking it'll be a dumb fun time at the movies. Is it a bad movie, yes but it's at least enjoyable. I had a fun time . The leprechaun looks kinda scary but it acts super dumb. If you like killer Klowns from outer space, you'll love this movie. I bought the movie collection for some reason so I'm excited to watch every other leprechaun movie. And don't forget don't steal gold if you find it on the ground or in a car or else the leprechaun will come and get ya.

• Aug 15, 2020

A horror classic that I can watch over and over and never get sick of!

A horror classic that I can watch over and over and never get sick of!

• Aug 15, 2020

It has a Young and fresh and pretty tasty looking Jennifer Anniston in it. Other than leering over her, the film has little to offer but it's a fairly rapid and silly horror film making no sense. Cheap nonsense but I've seen worse.

• Aug 08, 2020

of course it gets stupid but it's still fun to watch. but it leads to five sequels that hardly follow this movie