Little Black Book - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Black Book Reviews

½ November 4, 2015
For the first ten minutes of this movie I kept thinking: Wow, how could I have missed this one? Seeing as it seemed to be a movie in my taste. It started off with a good soundtrack and quote that made you want to continue watching it. Although, then it gradually started to get a bit lame and I didn't really feel that attached to the storyline anymore. It was easy to sit through it but it's one of those movies to watch when you just need something to do for the next 107 minutes but it just won't stay with you for much longer afterwards.
August 29, 2015
great movie like a kaleydoscope of feelings and events! loved it!
½ August 4, 2015
I was excited to see this because it sounded like it was going to be funny, but it didn't have as many laughs as I had hoped and the ending wasn't too great.
February 2, 2015
Shallow and predictable fluff.
½ September 3, 2014
A lighthearted romantic comedy, Little Black Book delivers some good laughs. The story follows an associate producer of a daytime talk show who uses her position to look into her boyfriend's past relationships. Starring Brittany Murphy, Holly Hunter, Rashida Jones, Julianne Nicholson, and Ron Livingston, the film has a great cast that has a lot of comedic talent. However, the plot is pretty stereotypical for a rom-com and uses all of the standard cliches. Still, there's some cleverness to the script, in that it purposely uses the cliches in a satirical way. The main problem though, is the last act; which feels tacked on and disconnect from the main plot. Little Black Book is entertaining and fun, but it's a little messy and doesn't really come together in the end.
August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - Teen years)
½ August 15, 2014
Un beau film de folles !
August 6, 2014
wow ummmm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch.....its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that brittany murphy (.R.I.P.), holly hunter, kathy bates, ron livingston, julianne nicholson, play good roles/parts throughout this movie......i think that the director of this comedy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie......i think that Kevin Sussman (from the brilliant tv series the big bang theory), was great throughout this movie as he was really funny throughout this movie.....it is not a classics movie 2 watch but it is such a really really funny movie 2 watch.,.....the cameos throughout this movie were Johnny Pacar (uncredited) as Jamal, Carly Simon (uncredited) as Herself (cameo), were really funny throughout this movie.....i think that ron livingston was great throughout this movie......i think that this is such a really funny movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie......i think that brittany murphy (.R.I.P.), was great throughout this movie as the lead role thorughout this movie......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.,....i think that this is such a really enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie......i think that this is such an enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch it is a really funny movie 2 watch.......
May 18, 2014
Supposedly, I've seen this movie before, but only a few parts seemed familiar... Did I nap through it the first time? It didn't seem as bad as the reviews made it out to be.
½ February 27, 2014
John Lennon said LIFE happens when you're busy making other plans, then he got shot. Right, you just gotta live, stop planning your moves, let them happen you might be surprised. Do you believe in happy endings? I do isn't funny? even if the girl does'nt get the guy in the end.
½ February 9, 2014
Wasting time watching this movie. Script, directing and acting all are awful.
½ February 8, 2014
I really kind of hated this. Why did they find it necessary to form a 3-minute dialogue sequence around a dog being stinky? The only times I laughed were because I felt so uncomfortable and not in the fun way. The only good thing about this movie was Brittany Murphy and even her cuteness didn't help much.
December 20, 2013
Critics and audience must have seen a different film because I really enjoyed this movie. The plot, intrigue and unusual yet happy ending. Brittany Murphy is very engaging too.
October 6, 2013
Most importantly it made one laugh and so that is a great start. Filming is a little too perfect on the artificial side, yet comes across well in this ditsy arena. Script keeps going with a fine story line barfing at the day time shows making for laughter that is free flowing. Actors do a grand job giving a cynical and believable look at thee insides of cruelty for pay. Nibbles: Strong tea and Nice cookies.
August 9, 2013
film je vrlo interesantan i simpatican sve do onog dila koji se zove kraj, sta je dosta bitan dio za svaki rad i o cem ovisi cijelokupano djelo... kraj je bjedan... ne hejtan sritne zavrsetke ali vecina ih je slinava hrpa preentuzijasticnih momenata zbog magicno poslozenih stvari u zivotu za koje je bog ili neka visa sila zasluzna ali je, naravno, naklonjena glavnom liku u filmu ka sta smo i mi... mozda smo mi ta sreca ili bog... ali vidi se da nam fali glumica poput Brittany danas... stvarno je glenijalna...
½ July 24, 2013
Molly (Brittany Murphy) is a partying rock 'n' roll princess whose money just ran out. Ray (Dakota Fanning) is a fussy nine-year-old whose last nanny just ran out. Only Ray's way-too-busy mom (Heather Locklear) could think that hiring Molly would be the perfect setup for both girls. But as this unlikely pair faces everything from control issues (Ray's, of course) to tempter tantrums (Molly's, of course), they discover that sometimes, your best friend can come from the place you least expect!

also stars Holly Hunter, Kathy Bates, Ron Livingston, Julianne Nicholson, Stephen Tomblowsky, Kevin Sussman and Rashida Jones.

directed by Nick Hurran
June 1, 2013
An extremely underrated and non-cliched love story.
½ April 24, 2013
great movie like a kaleydoscope of feelings and events! loved it!
½ April 15, 2013
Mostly forgettable, but does get credit for showing a main characters less apealing sides, and calling her out on it. I also liked that it didn't end with her getting the guy, there was something slightly unconventinal about that. The whole reality tv-setting didn't appeal to me much, but it did result in a nice climax.
½ April 1, 2013
This movie was incredibly stupid and confusing. Stacy, the main character, was so hypocritical and unlikeable, had major issues of dependance, paranoia, selfishness, and she was not one I rooted for, she wasn't one I could identify with that is for sure. Also, spoiler alert---don't read further if you want to see this movie---in the end she was in no way shape or form "punished" for her immoral, selfish actions, no justice was taken in that. She actually got rewarded and got an amazing job talking about all the evil she had done. How BACKWARDS! I seriously was floored at the end of this movie, how could the writers so blatantly insult the viewer's intelligence by writing such a rubbish, lazy, confusing, and immoral ending like that (not to mention the whole movie.). Stacy did not learn anything from her mistakes, and I was hoping she would to probably save the movie. But no. So F- and zero stars if I could, but one half star I'll settle. Thank you.