Reviews

• Jan 01, 2022

Could've been so much better but incredibly boring. Both actresses underutilized as is the lesbian side of this take. Historical drama was never so dull.

• Dec 03, 2021

Three stars simply for Kristen Stewart. The official Lizzie Borden Cinematic Universe ranking is: 1) Elizabeth Montgomery for ABC 2) Christina Ricci for Lifetime 3) Chloe Sevigny for movie theaters

• May 16, 2021

Not at all like the real story and just very poor production

Not at all like the real story and just very poor production

• Apr 28, 2021

Apparently not quite like it happened but nice film anyway. Hypocrisie was the rule at the time.

• Nov 20, 2020

I thought this was very well acted, and a different take on a mystery that the passage of time has not let fade.

• Nov 12, 2020

I don't know how you take one of the most compelling murder mysteries in American history, remix it with forbidden lesbian romance, and make a boring film, but they sure managed to.

• Oct 09, 2020

Very dry film about a famous crime! Could have been such a creepy story, but it turned into a snooze fest. I don't know what the director tries to explain here. The crime, the motivation, the physilogical side of it or what? Seems everything is not getting anywhere. A waisted potential story the acting is very flat, no emotion not even the hate. I can't feel anything from them.

• Jul 18, 2020

I wasn't expecting much but Sevigny and Stewart's performances blew me away! Yes, this is a feminist interpretation of the Lizzie Borden story but done in a way that feels raw and real rather than forced.

• Jun 30, 2020

It loses sight of the sisters relationship and gives few characters but Lizzie anything to do.

• Oct 27, 2019

Sorry to say but I found this boring, uneventful & consider it to be a poor representation of true events that remain a mystery to this day.