Lizzie Reviews

• Nov 20, 2020

I thought this was very well acted, and a different take on a mystery that the passage of time has not let fade.

• Nov 12, 2020

I don't know how you take one of the most compelling murder mysteries in American history, remix it with forbidden lesbian romance, and make a boring film, but they sure managed to.

• Oct 09, 2020

Very dry film about a famous crime! Could have been such a creepy story, but it turned into a snooze fest. I don't know what the director tries to explain here. The crime, the motivation, the physilogical side of it or what? Seems everything is not getting anywhere. A waisted potential story the acting is very flat, no emotion not even the hate. I can't feel anything from them.

• Jul 18, 2020

I wasn't expecting much but Sevigny and Stewart's performances blew me away! Yes, this is a feminist interpretation of the Lizzie Borden story but done in a way that feels raw and real rather than forced.

• Jun 30, 2020

It loses sight of the sisters relationship and gives few characters but Lizzie anything to do.

• Oct 27, 2019

Sorry to say but I found this boring, uneventful & consider it to be a poor representation of true events that remain a mystery to this day.

• Sep 20, 2019

Lizzie is not the gory horror audiences wanted to see. The movie turns a true crime story into a romantic drama instead of focusing on what turned Lizzie into an axe-wielding murderer.

• Jul 04, 2019

6/10. 68/100

6/10. 68/100

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    May 02, 2019

Incredibly boring, Lizzie is a bizarre and monotonous "true life" crime drama. The story follows Lizzie Borden, an oppressed and victimized young woman who forms a friendship with the new housemaid and conspires with her to murder her parents. Chloe Sevigny and Kristen Stewart lead the cast and they give fairly decent performances. However, the plot is absurd; proposing that Mr. Borden was raping the maid and that Lizzie was secretly a lesbian. But worse yet is the slow, languished pacing and dullness of the directing style. Lizzie is a lackluster biopic that's more fiction than fact.

• Jan 18, 2019

This is "Thoroughbreds" for the stuffiest of filmgoers.

This is "Thoroughbreds" for the stuffiest of filmgoers.