Lockout Reviews

• Sep 02, 2020

It's all pretty predictable. But the lead character makes up for that, in my opinion.

• Aug 25, 2020

Not sure if we are to take this story seriously. It's goofy and fun. The Snow character is amusing. Bad guys are all cliché. Outer space special effects are remarkably underwhelming. It passed the time with a couple of smiles.

• Jul 08, 2020

It is what it is and does what it does. 2 1/2 of 5

It is what it is and does what it does. 2 1/2 of 5

• Jun 27, 2020

Good watch, will likely watch again, and can recommend. A great sci-fi concept of what to do with a multitude of prisoners (unclear if this is planet or system wide), but it basically boils down to Demolition man in space. There are some great subtle metaphors about having sympathy for murderers and whether that sympathy actually causes more loss of life. That combined with the concept of security on spaceship makes it deeper if you're looking for that sort of thing. If you're not, then it's still a great session of action and infiltration.

• Jun 15, 2020

It seems strangely familiar but the film works, with some great action and interesting characters.

• Jun 11, 2020

Meh. Not great for the genre.

Meh. Not great for the genre.

• Jun 06, 2020

Any part of Lockout has been done better elsewhere. The wrongly accused given a second chance to go in and save the president's daughter! Where O where is Snake Pliskin when you need him? Anyway, plagiarism aside, it is entertaining enough. Guy Pearce does a weird 'Bruce Willis who doesn't give a flip', which is vaguely annoying, although maybe that is how he felt about being in the film. There are a number of logic issues, and the ending with the raid on the Death Star is just laughable. But good enough to recommend one viewing.

• Jun 04, 2020

Find myself once again cheering for the Villians because the two main protagonists are impossible to cheer for.

• May 29, 2020

Great movie. Kept my attention.

Great movie. Kept my attention.

• May 27, 2020

Yes, Lockout is an amalgam of at least a dozen movies, but that is what makes it great. We could call it the plagiarism masterpiece.