Lockout Reviews

• Oct 08, 2019

Dialogue is amazing, Action is on point. CGI is ropey as hell but I have always been entertained by this movie. Dont expect high brow and you will not be disappointed.

• Oct 03, 2019

A future Cult Classic. So.e excellent acting, well written and directed. A must see for any sci-fi fan.

• Aug 05, 2019

This B-movie actually had me liking it from start to finish. Yea it's very predictable and silly. If you a fan a action and dumb one liners then you'll enjoy it like i did.

• Jul 02, 2019

Huge rip-off of Escape from New York. But my biggest complaint was with the main character he's just annoying and nothing he says is either interesting or funny a HUGE step down from Snake Plissken. Still Peter Stormare and the Scottish brothers make the movie worth watching

• Nov 22, 2018

I can't understand why 'Lockout' is so poorly rated by critics and audiences alike. Obviously, because they didn't like it. And 9 times out of 10, I'm usually in agreement with them. In fact, I went into this film expecting the worst based on critical and spectator opinion, to come out pleasantly surprised. Why? Because the movie is just having good, dumb (but not too dumb) old fashioned fun. The actors were clearly having a blast in their roles. Guy Pierce surprised me in his ability to pull of the witty, fast talking anti-hero, as based on his previous roles, I expected him to have been miscast for this. Again, I pleasantly surprised at how he carries himself here, oozing a believable amount of charisma, showing his talents as a underrated versatile actor. The female co-star whom he is tasked with saving (in the film the President's daughter I think? It's been a while since I saw it), an actress whom I only recall seeing as the annoying one in the TV series 'Lost', is aptly cast and constructed to play off Guy Pierce's anti-hero. Due to the actress and the stereotypical role of the damsel in distress being saved by the rogue, I expected it to be far more clichéd, dull, and predictable. Once again, I was surprised that this wasn't the case and the chemistry between Pierce and her (I forget the actresses name) is nicely balanced, humorous, and have a good chemistry. Yeah, the bad guys are cheesy caricatures, and the plot is basic. But I just recall actually been thoughly entertained from beginning to end, which is clearly what the makers set out to do. After watching it, I'm surprised very few others appear to have appreciated the many positives and charm that 'Lookout' strove for and in my opinion succeeded in achieving. 4/5*

• Aug 08, 2018

Good acting, good script and plenty of action. A good movie.

Good acting, good script and plenty of action. A good movie.

• Jul 29, 2018

There's 2 storylines in this movie, they work aside one another but it takes a while before you get to that. Decent FX, could have just as easily been done in a normal prison but a space prison makes this a scifi movie, even it it is only by setting.

• Feb 16, 2018

Guy Pearce pretending to be Hugh Jackman pretending to be something kinda like Deadpool. It's hilarious. He should get to do way more action movies. His arms are L.A.R.G.E.

• Jan 22, 2018

Cheesy fun, total rip off of escape from New York/LA. Loved it!!

Cheesy fun, total rip off of escape from New York/LA. Loved it!!

• Apr 09, 2017

This was a cool, violent, fast paced, futuristic action movie set in a space prison, but definitely could have been better.