The Long Riders Reviews

• Jun 10, 2019

A Walter Hill Classic, manly men and their women. In that order, he gets the details ight, like during a rapid fire sequence the need to cock a single-action pistol for every shot. My only problem, arms wise, is the use of revolvers against targets 50' and more away. The odds of hitting such a target with a period handgun are nearly zero.

• Mar 08, 2019

This is the greatest remake ever made. Loved the Sklar brothers as the Fords.

This is the greatest remake ever made. Loved the Sklar brothers as the Fords.

• Sep 12, 2018

In my opinion, this is one of the best westerns ever made. The shoot out at the end is epic. A must see movie.

• May 19, 2018

What was cool about this particular Western was the fact that four sets of brothers were played by real life brothers(Carradines, Keachs, Quaids, Guests). It's a pretty decent movie, wouldn't put it in my top 5 Westerns list, but it's good nonetheless. One thing that kinda took me out of it a bit was the overplayed slow motion in the climax as it made the horses sound kind of demonic. I thought I was watching a horror movie for a sec, hah

• Jan 30, 2018

C'est étrangement l'argument de vente numéro 1 des Long Riders qui marche le moins dans le film de Walter Hill. Western contant l'histoire de la fin du gang de Jesse James, quatre fratries d'acteurs (les Keach, les Carradine, les Quaid et les Guest) sont castées pour jouer les quatre fratries du gang (les James, les Younger, les Miller et les Ford). Certains acteurs sont donc castés en dépit du bon sens (James Keach en Jesse James à la place de son frère Stacy) mais cela n'empêche pas le film de Walter Hill d'être un divertissement réussi, avec des fusillades ultra réalistes et des séquences de camaraderie qui ne le sont pas moins. Peut-être aurait-il fallu une demi-heure de plus pour rentrer dans l'histoire, mais en l'état, The Long Riders est un western très compétent.

• Oct 02, 2017

An interesting Western in that it is one of the early examples of Hollywood getting gritty and more realistic with their stories after the Spaghetti Western boom. Subsequently, it's failure was one of the final nails in the coffin for the genre. It's not my favorite Hill film, but it's a good Western. The gimmick of all these actual brothers in the cast was cool, and actually works to its favor. There's some great performances.

• Sep 22, 2017

Amazing cast, we don't make westerns like this anymore.

Amazing cast, we don't make westerns like this anymore.

• Apr 26, 2017

With a cast consisting of four sets of brothers (who do a good enough job), well made action, a decent score, a solid setting and a good script this is a better than average Western however the pacing and the editing made the whole affair seem a little off to me and Walter Hill has done far better.

• Apr 24, 2017

Poor film that could've been a lot better given the cast!

Poor film that could've been a lot better given the cast!

• Oct 26, 2016

Hail to the Confederacy ! Always nice to be in the company of Rebels against the Big Gov't Machine, even if it is just a movie. The robbing of Federal property makes the James Gang Confederate heroes to Rebels, and criminals to Federalists. Outstanding cast & Cinematics.