Machine Gun Preacher Reviews

• Jul 22, 2019

One of my all time favorite films. It is graphic, but it's also based on a true story of one of GOD'S chosen and redeemed children going on to serve as he is where GOD needs him to. This movie inspired me to watch some of Sam Childer's sermons, and I have to say the few I have seen are amazing. This is one I must keep in my physical collection, though it most certainly is not for children. I would liken it to in terms of graphic content to Tears of the Sun, but this is what real life can look like. Looking into the Lost Boys, and the attrocities committed at the hands of the L.r.a. in Sudan will make your blood boil and thank THE LORD for men like Sam Childers.

• May 20, 2019

An excellent film with good directing, good acting and good cinematography. Very enjoyable.

• Apr 04, 2019

Great Movie about real commitment !

Great Movie about real commitment !

• Aug 13, 2018

This is a real story, and it's amazing.

This is a real story, and it's amazing.

• Jun 11, 2018

W/ a name like "Machine Gun Preacher," this is clearly not gonna be a chick flic or an Oscar contender. However the fact that I discovered this on a Spanish-language channel means it's at best a so-so blow-em-up film but is merely unremarkable.

• Apr 03, 2018

Lower your expectations and prepare to be dissapointed. An emotionally powerful true story is turned into a flat and sombre movie by Marc Forster, who had perviously achieved the similar frustrating experinece with The Kite Runner. This film needs gritty action, well defined characterizations and moments of real heartbreaking drama. Sadly the film delivers on none of these expectations. As with The Kite Runner Forster ekes out subdued performances from his leads. The usually excellent Michelle Monoghan is lifeless. Gerard Butler has some screen presence but is never truly convincing as the complex main character and we never to get to know what makes him tick and what compelled him to make such radical changes in his persona and perform such heroic actions. The action sequences are confusing and lack tension. The moments of anguish and heartache are filmed with detatchment so we never get to feel what the characters are going through. This amazing story deserved to be made into a great film. Instead Forster delivers a sloppy and sterile disappointment.

• Feb 26, 2018

Very emotional and spiritual story about a man who changes the road he is on and follows his dream. I just watched this on Netflix absolutely loved it. I disagree with what you (rotten tomatoes) on what u said as emotionaly vacent. Very very emotional story. i absolutely loved it

• Jul 07, 2017

Sadly I watched this to view the Inaccurate depiction in part due to the Lord's army origin is Uganda, Congo and the language used is not Arabic in South Sudan or by those responsible for the LRA in the region. LRA is not motivated by any identifiable political agenda, and its military strategy and tactics reflect this" It appears to largely function as a personality cult of its leader Joseph Kony, a self-declared prophet whose leadership has earned him the nickname "Africa's David Koresh". A Christian cult not related in any way to Islam. Tired cliche of white savior film.

• May 27, 2017

I don't know much about the politics involved but what I do know is that this film is extremely repetitive and full of white (american) messianic figure clichés.

• Dec 30, 2016