Maleficent Reviews

• Nov 15, 2020

The movie was a little slow to start with but I love Angelina Jolie, as usual she was fantastic what an extremely talented woman, you couldn't of picked a better actress for this part. Amazing.

• Nov 12, 2020

Not as dark or deep as I was expecting/wanting, but it is cool to see a different telling of 'Sleeping Beauty'. Angelina Jolie fits as the titular character, bringing with her a good performance. Elle Fanning (Aurora), Sharlto Copley (Stefan) and Sam Riley (Diaval) play their respective roles well enough, but neither come close to matching Jolie - as you'd probably expect. I found the special effects a bit iffy. It's not that it looks anything close to bad, I just thought it could've looked better. The score isn't all that memorable, either. I did enjoy how the plot unfolds though, mainly thanks to the lead admittedly. Intrigued to see what the sequel to 'Maleficent' has to offer.

• Nov 01, 2020

Perfectly cast and undoubtedly impressive as a production, this Disney live-action remake has ambitious subversive goals, but lacks in strong plotting and direction to drive them home.

• Oct 26, 2020

I'm talking seriously the film is very slow, your script is boring !, characters without much emotion but cool, cast even cool but will not save the movie.

• Oct 18, 2020

Great movie. The heck with the critics. We really enjoyed it.

Great movie. The heck with the critics. We really enjoyed it.

• Oct 17, 2020

Magnificent Maleficent is magnificent. The story is sophisticated enough to delight adult audiences with a brilliant take on the beloved tale with a delightful twist including the meaning of true love. The characters are sympathetic and there is enough excitement. The art direction and cinematography are beautiful. The fairy land scenes resemble a pre Raphaelite painting. The castle was a bit generic CGI. The right blend of human faces with CGI so it didn't look too animated. The director Stromberg who did Oz the Great and Powerful did an even better job here. Angelina Jolie's expressive face is the perfect showcase for the character - it is the role of her lifetime. Like the way they did her cheekbones to make it like the Disney cartoon. Sam Riley as her sidekick morphs into many fairy tale creatures crow, dragon horse. The creatures are well done not awkward in movement and not overwhelming. Elle Fanning is sweet and picture perfect for the role of Aurora and Brenton Thwaites plays her prince. The fairies including Juno Temple and Imelda Staunton are cute too. Liked this more than the Snow White movies 'Mirror Mirror' and 'Snow White and the Hunstman'. The first was fun but a bit silly and the second was too grim. Maleficent is the perfect blend of excitement and fairy tale. Most enjoyable film of the year.

• Oct 12, 2020

As Disney starts to remake classic fairy tales in live action we start to see different sides of classic characters we all know. This is the case for Maleficent. We get to see why she was so "evil" in sleeping beauty and all of her motivations. We get to see her grow as a character and really become the hero of the story. Angelina Jolie brought a fun and almost loving side to the character and she was enthralling to watch. This movie also gave us more of the world of Sleeping Beauty and what really happened to it. I would recommend if you are a classic Disney fan.

• Oct 02, 2020

garbage....does disney even have any decent story writers anymore? She curses the baby to (spoiler) prick her finger and FALL ASLEEP FOREVER UNLESS KISSED BY HER TRUE LOVE. Oh no! how terrible! whatever shall we do? quick! burn all the spinning wheels, and hide her away lest she find her true love and get a kiss! We only have 16 YEARS to make it happen. garbage... Also. Quit stealing from LOTR. Yes we noticed you made ents, one who even had the head of the balrog. You also did an exact copy of the minas morgul energy spike. *face slap* I wish i could fire you all.

• Sep 27, 2020

Finally we get to know the real story behind the sleeping beauty in this magical retelling of that famous fairy tale. I really loved the stunningly beautiful, looking world in this movie and since this is a retelling it is not clear how it will end keep it interesting to the end.

• Sep 19, 2020

I thought it was very good. They strayed very far from the original and I really enjoyed this new version.