Men in Black - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Men in Black Reviews

½ December 10, 2017
171209: Because II & 3 recently played on APTN, I pulled this film out of the archives to watch in preparation of my recordings. I was pleasantly entertained, again, though I had to stop watching until I was alone (my son is sensitive to scary themes and aliens fall right in that sphere). Though it would be easy to criticize some of special effects, overall this film satisfies. Good humour, fast action and some great characters; many of whom you'll see again. Raised my initial rating half a star as this viewing just satisfied. Now I'm prepped for the series. Be warned there are a few violent scenes and, depending upon proclivities, some may feel a bit uncomfortable.
½ December 6, 2017
Men in Black is a movie that knows exactly what it is, and that's a good thing. Is it absurd? Absolutely, but it doesn't try to pretend to be anything more. The plot is pretty basic and straightforward, and though it does leave you wishing they could have done more, it is still a fun/funny ride. Perhaps the biggest praise should be given to the cast as a whole, not just Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. You can tell that everyone involved not only gave their best performance, but that they had fun in doing so. For me, the biggest source of enjoyment I get from Men in Black is the labor of love that obviously went into it.
November 27, 2017
Maybe it doesn't hold up as well as you'd hoped, but both leads are actually putting in the effort in this first entry, and Men in Black is still, after all these years, a bit of fun.
November 27, 2017
Holds up surprisingly well in 2017.
½ November 24, 2017
A really entertaining movie, Smith and Jones are great together. This movie still holds up well to this day, has some really funny moments.
November 21, 2017
Fueled by the eccentric Tommy Lee Jones, hilarious Will Smith, and the slightly horrifying Vincent D'Onofrio, Men in Black succeeds in what is a classic comedy, sci-fi film. The main aspects that people tend to overlook are the music by Danny Elfman, great set designed by Bo Welch, and the near perfect alien make-up applied by Rick Baker. Without these three, this movie would not have done as well, and would've been forgotten.
November 17, 2017
This is really a awesome sci-fi comedy film ever. Men in black is such a classic film with lots of humour, action, and good sci-fi set pieces which is pretty damn cool plus awesome performances by will smith and tommy lee Jones. Good job barry sonnenfeld you such a classic sci-fi comedy film well done.
November 13, 2017
Smith and Jones have chemistry and some of the gags are clever but the film as a whole is unremarkable and average. The concept for Men in Black is cool but I don't feel this film lived up to the hype. If you want to get a better idea of what I mean check out the cartoon series, its far better than any of the films.
½ November 8, 2017
Men In Black: A gleeful summer blockbuster classic thats full action, wit and charm with a stunning preformance by Will Smith, makes Men In Black a original, funny, and entertaning story; one that manages to be quite refreshing.
November 4, 2017
Men in Black looks awesome.
October 8, 2017
This is Awesome movie, where Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith working together.
September 30, 2017
Hilarious! Will Smith has come into his own! Bravo! Please make a part four!
September 30, 2017
Finally saw this classic. Good fun
½ September 25, 2017
Some very good action and very funny
September 3, 2017
Becky Once Told Us About A Flintstones Alien Character Named The Great Gazoo.
½ August 20, 2017
Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith were really good together in Men In Black. The movie moves along nicely, the main bad guy alien insect guy is pretty cool. And the movie mixes in some comedy without it getting too cheesy. The ending was pretty cool too. I enjoyed this movie quite a bit. Overall: 3.5/5 OR 7/10
July 20, 2017
A great action thriller
½ July 18, 2017
I like this movie it's good
July 10, 2017
Smith and Jones are a hilarious tandem in a sci-fi flick that manages to be as funny as it is smart.
July 8, 2017
I thought it was a very good alien movie. Also some parts were funny .