The Mexican Reviews

• Jan 09, 2019

4 stars because of James Gandolfini’s character, who I fell in love with, and his chemistry with Julia Roberts.

• Dec 23, 2018

Alright movie. Liked the directing. I thought it was pretty entertaining. The lead performances were pretty good as well. The story was just a bit simple and it wasn't very deep.

• Dec 21, 2018

A truly fun-to-watch movie. Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts are as captivating as ever. Much noise was made about the fact that they share little time together on screen which, although true, does little to negatively impact the film. You would have to be a real Ike to pass this one by folks, it is a real corker!

• Oct 03, 2018

This is an unusual road movie, and it has quite a few fun moments, but it feels like it's forever stuck in 3rd gear, never going full throttle.

• Dec 12, 2017

• Mar 29, 2017

Listen to the commentary; even the head-honchos say the chemistry between Julia Roberts and James Gandolfini is superb and he hopes they do another film together. As usual, Bob Balaban short but powerful presence is great. If not for the chemistry between Julia & James, I would not have finished viewing this film.

• Dec 26, 2016

A clumsy criminal is put in a position where he not only has to save his own skin, but that of his girlfriend in this comedy with strong undercurrents of romance. Jerry Welbach (Brad Pitt) is a low-level Mafia "mechanic" whose ineptitude is countered by frequent (but unpredictable) bursts of dumb luck. Jerry's girlfriend Samantha (Julia Roberts) wants him to get out of the business, and after his latest blunder lands capo Arnold Margolese (Gene Hackman) in jail, so does mid-level crime kingpin Bernie Nayman (Bob Balaban). But Bernie insists that Jerry do one last errand for the mob before they let him find employment elsewhere -- he has to go to Mexico and recover a rare and very valuable pistol, which is said to be cursed. While Samantha objects to Jerry taking the assignment, he isn't in much of a position to argue; Jerry heads south of the border, while Samantha, in a huff, sets out for Las Vegas. Once in Mexico, Jerry finds the pistol easily enough, but making his way back to the States proves to be an unexpected challenge. Meanwhile, Jerry's superiors want insurance that he'll return with the goods, so they hire Leroy (James Gandolfini), a hitman, to kidnap Samantha and hold her hostage until Jerry comes back. However, Samantha and Leroy quickly strike up a friendship, and she soon learns the gunman has a sensitive side he doesn't show to the world -- along with a few other secrets.

• Dec 23, 2016

Despite the reviews, and it going on a bit, we really enjoy this. It was a real laugh!

• Oct 01, 2016

Liked it ! Funny with Pittulia , SOMDVD

Liked it ! Funny with Pittulia , SOMDVD

• Jul 23, 2016

(4.5 out of 6)- When we don't always see what places we are going until we hit a snag and we are going other places when life takes us places we don't intend to go. When others need to go other places they missed out on. When we see what places are going nowhere to see the frustrations of not seeing and not knowing where things are going. When we see where others are going when it's out the door, when they prefer going other places. When others who are familiar with such places and people know where we are going when many like us have crossed over to this side to not see something's coming. When some signs we don't see of things coming and going to know where they ended up. When what we know going to places we know we know what to expect to see when such places holds those notorious that come and go. When we see what places those go to retrieve valuable things that can't go in the wrong hands when the story of such things that makes everything go wrong when it is cursed to know what place it holds. When what others don't see what is going is them when the curse brings those to more deadlier places. When we see what places hold are criminals to know what's going. When what we see where we are heading we don't see where we are going with other things when those who enter into our life, show a place they are in because of others to show them a different side of ourselves to see such places we share in common. When what places others go from far places, they lend us a hand with our problem. When what places we are going we don't see how can go down south fast when such places holds all types of people good and bad to not see somethings coming and other things going. When we see what places we are going when we can't explain other places we have been when it's suspicious when we don't see something's coming. When we see what place others hold for such valuables we see it's another side to such stories when there is much more such value holds to know why it comes and goes when it takes those with them. When we see what places we are going when somethings we see turn a dark dead end, to get going other places to defend ourselves or hide. When what place we see others take we now see where something's are going when there are more places interested in what we have to know those going in the wrong direction when things go sour. When what place we see we end up are where others go to meet us when we can't let such things of value go anywhere and anyplace to go in person. When what place that holds greater value then money when it's a family tradition they need to keep within the family we know where it must go. When what place we go to protect our loved ones we see we go where such things take us when what's coming and going is us and those who the curse take with them when they belong in darker places it takes them there. When we see something's wish to go places with those who have righteous hands.